RealWilliamShakespeare

Grab multiple clutch eggs

The issue is that despite the extreme scarcity of the CBs, Prizes breed true at a similar rate as most other uncommons. The only true rares in the game are Golds and Silvers. This means that Prizes are more likely (however slight it may be) to give those valuable multi-Prize clutches... which means that it is a very very major consideration in this suggestion.

I still haven't seen anything to make me support it, even (especially?) with the suggested altered cooldown.

Eh, I don't support this. I know this is mainly so people can keep eggs they can get some value from or to prevent others from getting offspring from their dragons, so I see it as something that shouldn't be changed. I've always been impartial to the multi-clutch mechanic and see no reason it needs to be changed.

It would be an extremely interesting gamble if we were to be able to choose whether we’d like to keep more than one egg from a clutch. Say we’re going to breed and it gives you a coin toss as to whether the dragon will let you keep more than one, or we get to manually choose whether we’re getting to keep more than one, I’d find those really cool mechanics. Despite it not guaranteeing being able to keep more than one, the chance that we might still be able to is enough for me. I’d just like the option.

Also note how I keep saying “more than one”. As in, not “all”. Because I think that being able to keep all of them might be a bit overkill - even if we were able to keep only two from a clutch I’d be satisfied. 

As well, it has been brought up that the odds of producing two rares in a clutch isn’t likely, which surely means that the problem of not sharing isn’t as extreme. Alongside this, if we were only able to keep one more egg from a clutch, love would still be spread around due to the others in the clutch being abandoned. I’m just trying to find compromises. 

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Because it's pretty much guaranteed that the breeder will take the most desirable eggs. In a prize x celestial breeding, this will most likely be two prize eggs, not a prize and a celestial egg, much less two celestials (if you get a 2 prize 2 celestial clutch). Which means that the love that gets spread around is quite diminished.

Also, if we consider the point of some supporters of your suggestion, we need to consider that some people don't want their lineages "ruined" by having "their" eggs end up on random scrolls. Which is something that could still happen if you can't claim all eggs from a clutch.

If I understand correctly, the current suggestion is to allow people to gamble a month long cooldown of the partner dragon  for a chance to keep a whole clutch at once?

If so, this doesn’t do anything for people who don’t want eggs going elsewhere, because they have a chance to dump anyway and it doesn’t apply to holidays.

It doesn’t affect how many eggs you can keep in general for most pairings, because you could just breed a dragon to four different celestials and get four eggs in a month anyway.

It does allow valuable offspring to be kept at the expense of sharing the love, ie rather than doing four prize x celestial breedings allowing the breeder to keep four eggs AND potentially send some extra prizes or kins to the AP, those extra eggs are never even given a chance to exist for no good reason.

Not to mention it opens the door for people clamoring for the same thing for holiday breedings. So, no, I don’t support this. Multiclutch has ALWAYS existed to share. I don’t want that changed in any way just because a few people don’t want to. I used to get bummed when eggs I sent to the AP got killed or went unnamed (or even given rude names!) and one person even killed a winter they cheerfully accepted from me as a gift, which stung. I get that it stinks. But you have to look at the greater good and all the happiness that DOES come from multiclutching and let it go. I have OCD, I know how much small things can sometimes bother, but I really feel changing how multiclutching works would cause more negativity and loss than joy and good.

37 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

If I understand correctly, the current suggestion is to allow people to gamble a month long cooldown of the partner dragon  for a chance to keep a whole clutch at once?

If so, this doesn’t do anything for people who don’t want eggs going elsewhere, because they have a chance to dump anyway and it doesn’t apply to holidays.

It doesn’t affect how many eggs you can keep in general for most pairings, because you could just breed a dragon to four different celestials and get four eggs in a month anyway.

It does allow valuable offspring to be kept at the expense of sharing the love, ie rather than doing four prize x celestial breedings allowing the breeder to keep four eggs AND potentially send some extra prizes or kins to the AP, those extra eggs are never even given a chance to exist for no good reason.

Not to mention it opens the door for people clamoring for the same thing for holiday breedings. So, no, I don’t support this. Multiclutch has ALWAYS existed to share. I don’t want that changed in any way just because a few people don’t want to. I used to get bummed when eggs I sent to the AP got killed or went unnamed (or even given rude names!) and one person even killed a winter they cheerfully accepted from me as a gift, which stung. I get that it stinks. But you have to look at the greater good and all the happiness that DOES come from multiclutching and let it go. I have OCD, I know how much small things can sometimes bother, but I really feel changing how multiclutching works would cause more negativity and loss than joy and good.

I think you are quite probably right. I was merely throwing the idea out there.

I WILL say that in fairness I was assuming the cooldown would apply to the celestial that was bred as well. HOWEVER, your other points ARE valid, I will grant.

8 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

I think you are quite probably right. I was merely throwing the idea out there.

I WILL say that in fairness I was assuming the cooldown would apply to the celestial that was bred as well. HOWEVER, your other points ARE valid, I will grant.

Oh no, I knew the Celestials would also undergo the usual cooldown. Figured that was a given! :D 

“Your Celestial curses the other dragon to suffer in its place and skips away, cackling. Muahahaha!”

Would make for a fun image, though! :P