RealWilliamShakespeare

Grab multiple clutch eggs

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I believe they said they only bred to Celestials in the hopes of getting and keeping multiple eggs. Regardless, the solution even with Celestials would be the same: get and breed more Celestial x Black pairings, same as any other pairing.

The way you play is drastically different from the way most do. While I’m all in favor of allowing as many play styles as possible (that’s part of DC’s appeal, after all) I still cannot support keeping multiple eggs per clutch due to the negative outcomes I believe it would lead to in terms of desirable egg dispersal.

Sollution applicabe for hoarding styles only + they still are likely to abandon the very Blacks that will finally alt - on someone else's scroll.

My playstyle has nothing to do with the OP's wish to keep the whole Celestial clutches. TJ has already stated holidays are likely to be treated separately if at all... I personally would have absolutely no use if any change was made to Celestials but not to the holidays. I straigth-AP-breed my Celestials anyway.

And the multiclutch auto-AP issue as a whole could be solved for multiple playstyles and needs, even if it was applied to holidays only (even trading for bloodswaps would be easier for those who breed the, most popular, checkers; also AP finding such has quite the risks your lineage will get ruined at some point, because the random user who owns any of the previous dragon could make a destructive kill - in trades you can reduce the risk by asking the other party if they might do that or if they know whether the lower gen owners ever declared not killing theirs and e.g. not accept the trade if there's a risk - with AP finds you absolutely can't hope). With multiclutch not auto APing, I could potentially finish my goals within a year since release, checker breeders could have an easier time swapping, not to mention general trading for most of playstyles (not mine here due to my self-reliance), 2gens are no longer an issue since CBs are re-released, AP will NOT get empty (quite many users declare mass AP breedings durign holidays)... etc. Just because the change would benefit me, doesn't mean it won't benefit anyone else and that I'm not thinking about others, that's hurtful to imply that to me:/ All I ever wanted was to support as many different playstyles as possible, the freedom of ANY goals and playstyles that DC is denying just because of doing some strange exceptions/limits to a few breeds or types (latest being the Sinomorphs - all players having any patterned hatchling goals got denied and excluded, even if sb was aiming for just 1 hatchie of each breed. And there are plenty of older examples of denying certain playstyles in a game that was supposedly offering you to play whatevery way you wanted...).

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Despite behaving in similar ways, I think Celestial and event multi-clutching are separate things and should be discussed/addressed as separate things (that is, not a package deal that needs to behave the same).

Multi-clutching for event dragons was kept around even when normal multi-clutching was removed because past event dragons are/were rare, especially for people who missed the initial drop. This has been mitigated by re-releasing CBs, for sure, but others have pointed out there is an emergent value in accelerating lineage building given that you get basically one shot per-year. While that is useful, I don't think refocusing event multi-clutches around this second purpose is a good idea. So if the event biomes mean multi-clutching no longer needs to serve the original purpose of making it easier to gather and catch up on event dragons, I'd rather just reduce (i.e. less chance of more eggs) or remove them entirely. I've already considered this separately, given how many event eggs tend to flood the AP—probably leaning more towards reducing.

Celestials are a different case. The idea was to compensate the ability to breed only once every four weeks with the chance to get four weeks worth of eggs in that one breeding. Due to how multi-clutching works, you don't actually get all of those eggs—though you also aren't really giving up four weeks worth of eggs if the other dragon isn't a Celestial, so it's not exactly equal in both directions. Of the two, though, I'm more open to changing this, though probably not without some sort of tradeoff to componsate for the ability to keep breeding the non-Celestial mate weekly during the Celestial's cooldown.

Thank you for addressing this; I did specify in my original post that I was only talking about Celestial clutches. The Holiday biome does fix a lot of things, and the AP-flood can be a little hindering, and imo reducing/removing would be a good option.

Regarding Celestial clutches, I - and I'm sure a lot of other users - would be happy to embrace a compensation in order to keep multiple eggs. Perhaps the dragon that bred with a Celestial is unable to breed for the same 4 week cooldown - an explanation could be that breeding with such an ethereal magical energy takes its toll on the dragon. It would kind of make sense - breeding with "living, breathing constellations" I imagine is an interesting task. There could also be a compensation to keeping the multiple eggs as it is - one user mentioned a BSA, and even more hands-on compensations I'd be willing to take. I'd love to hear what other suggestions there could be regarding this. I'm very much glad it's something you're willing to consider.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This doesn't make sense. You want one particular egg - that's the one you pick. Why on earth would you assume that the one you drop will likely be the one that alts ? It is equally likely that the one you drop will be the one that doesn't

I don't want one particular egg, I want one particular breed. I do not know which is going to be an alt. The chances are, that if more than one Black is bred, I will pick the wrong one and someone else will end up getting my alt that I am working for. And I do work for my dragons, I've wanted an alt for years. Call me selfish, but if someone got the alt I've been working for, I would be a little sad. Naming the parents isn't a foolproof solution, because not everybody is going to do that - particularly for one of the rarest things on the website! - as well as the fact that some people don't check for that aspect.

People want DC to apply to multiple people's play styles. So... Let there be an option? It's apparent that lots of people breed just to AP, so they can do that, but others might want to keep more than one egg, so that option should be there if you want the site to apply to multiple play styles.

Just think of it this way: if I breed Black x Black, I get one egg (given they produce one). If I breed Black x Celestial, if I could grab more than one, I'd have more than one egg. Inarguably a better option. My point is not that "I can just breed all my Blacks with Blacks", it is that when I breed with a Celestial (which, hey, I might want to create a specific lineage using my Celestial, I don't see why that's such a problem) I am throwing away eggs that could be alts, and that doesn't seem very fair.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

I stand by my unchanging conviction that allowing the keeping of multiple clutch eggs would drastically reduce the flow of highly desirable eggs to the AP.

I understand having unmeetable scroll goals (I like to get 2 CB pairs, a pair of S2 frozens, and 10 extras of each sprite. Impossible with GoNs and Sinos). I understand frustratingly long breeding goals (took me over a year to breed an Ember from Spirit Ward. Still working on over a year of trying to get a Gold from one certain Gold x Ice pairing). I even understand multiclutch annoyances (not being able to gift that extra Rosebud x White this year).

But I still think reducing the amount of highly desirable eggs in the AP is a HUGE NEGATIVE beyond all positives this would yield.

There are other ways around both problems. Ask friends to help you look for the codes of auto abandoned things, timing when they hit the AP. Offer return trades for extra offspring. Collect more Blacks to the point where you’re breeding so many you’re always locked and thus not throwing away any extras. Obviously none of these solutions are perfect, but again, I think changing how multiclutches behave would create a far worse outcome on the game than the positives it generates.

I really think completely changing the mechanics of multiclutches for such a limited "need" (the ability to keep all eggs that might become alts) is a bit of overkill. I do understand the frustration of seeing the ones you have abandoned hatch as alts, but I agree with ADP that this "solution" would cause more harm than good.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I really think completely changing the mechanics of multiclutches for such a limited "need" (the ability to keep all eggs that might become alts) is a bit of overkill. I do understand the frustration of seeing the ones you have abandoned hatch as alts, but I agree with ADP that this "solution" would cause more harm than good.

And - you want to hold 3-4 possible alt black eggs. You don't have to do that from Celestials. I've said it before and I've said it again and so have others - breed them from individual pairs instead. Your egg limit is the same, so what difference does it make ?

It’s also worth noting that there are alternative proposed solutions for both problems that I am totally on board with.

@VixenDra at one point there was a suggestion thread to allow holidays a rare shot at breeding true outside of holidays, without affecting how they behave during holidays. I think the suggestion got veto’d by TJ, but he’s changed his mind before. That would help you and, from a lore perspective, make a lot more sense than just one week of breeding a year! Heck, even if it was limited to rare chances during just their “seasons” (probably three months centered around the actual holiday), I think that’d be neat.

@RealWilliamShakespeare The store suggestion would include things like potions to increase the odds of getting an alt. They’d be pricy (can’t have Alts become too common!), but that would still be a nice guaranteed payoff over just random chance. I thankfully met my Alt Black goals a year ago, but I remember doing Alt Undine collecting and what torture that was. So I can see such potions being super useful. >_<

Anddd as an addendum: most of my arguments against the original suggestion are geared towards holidays, true, but I still feel the logic holds even for Celestial breedings. They aren’t as common and thus aren’t AS huge a deal to me if things change, but they DO still present a small chance to throw extra shinies to the AP for everyone if people breed them to rares.

But, my entire point was not "I want Alts, I should get to keep all my eggs". That was just an example. It's very annoying, but I'm sure multiple other reasons exist for multiple other users. VixenDra brought up the point that even though our play styles are completely different, they might want to keep eggs for lineage purposes, because someone could come along and screw up a lineage or kill a member of it.

I also really don't feel like the AP would be that strongly affected. I've just looked through all of my adopted dragons' lineages from after the Celestial's release in 2016. One was from a Celestial. The AP is not solely dependent on Celestial clutches, and even if my suggestion were to be implemented, so many people breeding wouldn't have enough egg slots to steal them all, and would have to AP anyway, and would be generous enough to only take one.

It seems at this point that the only real benefit of multi-clutching is that people can choose a nice code. Imo it just makes sense to be able to keep whatever you want, and I'm going to bring up the point is that it doesn't make sense story-wise for a dragon tamer to only choose one, and the dragon let the others be thrown away. As well as the fact that the chances of finding really rare breeds and lineages is rare enough in the AP as it stands anyway - for me the biomes were a better chance of getting a cool breed, and then I can get a completely clean lineage and start my own stuff with it. CBs are really desirable imo.

Edit: @angelicdragonpuppy I appreciate these compromising suggestions. But Celestial clutches is a very small aspect of the site - and I really don't approve of a store. I don't think influencing for alts should be a thing because then then, no matter how expensive they might be, the odds would be all screwed up. Look at loot boxes in video games and how much of a problem they've been. Compared to the small Celestial clutches, implementing a store is a huge deal that arguably far more people would have a problem with. I really like how DC never had an in-game currency - it's fair for everybody, and everybody has a chance of getting a Celestial.

It doesn't make sense for wild dragons to let some pesky humans steal their eggs, and yet, DC exists.

It doesn't make sense for dragons to breed upon their human pseudo-parents command, much less with who they're set up, and yet, breeding is a thing.

It doesn't make sense that humans can cast a spell that turns young dragons into Peter Pans, and yet, we can freeze.

And even though my main reason for not supporting the keeping of more than one egg from a multi-clutch are holiday breedings, I'm on the fence about Celestials. Then again, I might benefit: I'll simply breed my CB metals (3 golds, 4 silvers) with a different CB celestial every week, giving me a chance at 4 times as many metal offspring than usual. Sounds perfect.

It also doesn’t make sense for dragon parents to watch us throw ALL their eggs away, or let their hatchlings starve in front of them, or try to kill our dragons and have no repercussions, but here we are. I am a huge fan of lore and actually think DC could use it more (we need more BSAs!), but gameplay always trumps logic when it has to. The whole crazy concept of us being able to raise hundreds of dragons to begin with proves that.

You’re right that probably not many nice lines would be affected if it was just a Celestial thing, but SOME still could be, and I don’t want that to happen. It would also open the doors to arguments for holiday extra egg keeping.

Edit @RealWilliamShakespeare I’ve definitely seen how stores can ruin things, but I think the suggested DC store has been very, very carefully planned precisely to avoid such horrors. My two main dreads with shops (grinding and real money) have been neatly nipped in the bud, so it’s honestly more of a glorified activity check than anything. Basically it’s the game’s way of saying, “oh, you’ve been active for six months and despite your trying, STILL haven’t had the RNG luck to get an alt? Well then here you go, you’ve put in the time, enjoy your potion!” The time requirements (not sure if it’s actually 6 months, just an example) are balanced to make sure rares are still rare, and that no one is being handed things on a silver platter. You will only be getting a couple rares a year at best (whereas lucky or great catching players can get that many in a week!), and at the expense of never being able to use currency to buy smaller useful things like, say, nebula color influencing potions or commons you need but just can’t seem to find in the cave. So while I understand your worries (I don’t want the cave getting mucked up either!), I really do think it’s been lovingly designed by people who really like how DC already is to improve some of the more annoying parts of the game without harming the good. Whereas here, I believe more harm would be done then good. >_<

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

46 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

It seems at this point that the only real benefit of multi-clutching is that people can choose a nice code.

No - it can also offer a better chance of getting the breed you wanted from a pairing - which is why you sometimes see people pining for the "old days" when *any* pairing had a chance to multiclutch.  With breed ratios are they are, it can be monstrously frustrating working with some pairings and breeding week after week after week just to try and get, for example, a Ridgewing from a Script.

Also, I don't think anyone would want me to do something like breed Luckiest Catch to a Celestial, hog ALL shinies produced and then trade them for high prices.  Notionally I could do that each week with a different Celestial mate (I have buckets of 'em) if I wanted.

You seem to want this solely as a shortcut to getting an alt Black, which I really can't support,  despite the fact that I am well aware of how painful it is to breed one.  It took me soddin' AGES to breed her - without the benefits of multiclutching (lots of weeks they gave me nothing at all).

18 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

You seem to want this solely as a shortcut to getting an alt Black, which I really can't support,  despite the fact that I am well aware of how painful it is to breed one.  It took me soddin' AGES to breed her - without the benefits of multiclutching (lots of weeks they gave me nothing at all).

I just addressed this.

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

But, my entire point was not "I want Alts, I should get to keep all my eggs". That was just an example. It's very annoying, but I'm sure multiple other reasons exist for multiple other users. VixenDra brought up the point that even though our play styles are completely different, they might want to keep eggs for lineage purposes, because someone could come along and screw up a lineage or kill a member of it.

I'm not suggesting this for selfish reasons. I am not suggesting this solely because I'm annoyed I can't get an Alt. Plenty of people have been trying for longer than I have, I'm sure. I'm suggesting it because I personally believe it has other benefits to other users of other play styles. I know someone irl who is equally as frustrated by only being able to grab one. And when you have to let go of an egg you want back, you have to scour through the AP with help of other people to grab it for you, or wait till a rando grabs it and then have to rename your dragons and ask for it back, which they might not even do... It's tedious. I do not want this as a shortcut to an alt, it was just an example of one of the many reasons I see it viable.

@RealWilliamShakespeare - then maybe don't frame your entire argument as "I want to keep a whole clutch so that I can play the alt lottery up to four times per week from a single breeding."

And you haven't, as far as I've seen, addressed the question of people deciding to keep multiple rares from a clutch.

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

@angelicdragonpuppyBut, my entire point was not "I want Alts, I should get to keep all my eggs". That was just an example. It's very annoying, but I'm sure multiple other reasons exist for multiple other users. VixenDra brought up the point that even though our play styles are completely different, they might want to keep eggs for lineage purposes, because someone could come along and screw up a lineage or kill a member of it.

But if the egg goes to the AP it won't be in your lineage, so your lineage would not be affected.

31 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

No - it can also offer a better chance of getting the breed you wanted from a pairing - which is why you sometimes see people pining for the "old days" when *any* pairing had a chance to multiclutch.  With breed ratios are they are, it can be monstrously frustrating working with some pairings and breeding week after week after week just to try and get, for example, a Ridgewing from a Script.

THIS. So VERY this. Glares at Bluebanded.

4 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

@RealWilliamShakespeare - then maybe don't frame your entire argument as "I want to keep a whole clutch so that I can play the alt lottery up to four times per week from a single breeding."

And you haven't, as far as I've seen, addressed the question of people deciding to keep multiple rares from a clutch.

Well, I didn't intend it to read that way: I'm merely responding to everyone who keeps bringing up my example.

And okay. It should be down to the individual player what they do with their own eggs. I've gotten far more rares from the biomes than the AP, and that pleases me, because I don't play in the way of piggybacking off somebody else's lineage, I want my own. The AP is absolute dog-eat-dog - there are more people in the AP than the biomes, and rares get snatched up so quickly that it's not the best way for everyone to nab one. Plus, a lot of people play like me and prefer CBs (I think of it like Pokemon, and "catching them all", rather than focussing on lineages too much). It is evident reading through this thread that some of you would still abandon if you could take more than one egg from a clutch - which I don't actually think has ever happened for me personally anyway. Is it true that in a clutch, if you were to breed a rare/very rare with an uncommon [the Celestial], there would be more chance of it producing more uncommons? Because that's how it works with regular, non-clutch breeding, and it makes sense to me. If I'm mistaken, forgive me. The point is that people should do as they please, because I would enjoy the website to accommodate to multiple peoples play styles. In that way, the people who want their rares for their own lineages, sure. And people who want to spread some of their rares around, or know they'd like seeing other people grab and do their own thing with the eggs abandoned can do so. I'm just requesting there to be an option. That way you who don't like the suggestion could ignore it and only keep one anyway.

But again, forced auto-abandon has always existed TO spread things around. That was true of regular breeding in the old days, and it’s true of Celestials and Holidays now.

Yes, some play styles aren’t compatible with it, but at the same time letting people keep whole clutches of nice things hurts the play styles of people who specifically rely on the AP to catch nice lineaged things. You can’t have both. People keeping the extras directly translates to those extras not being shared around.

I still think there are better proposed solutions to the problems people are having then to change the spread-the-joy way multiclutching has always behaved.

I don't support multi-clutches because I like to control if and when an egg leaves my scroll (outside holidays -  which I rarely breed for now due to overwhelming numbers of eggs - and vampires, which is part of their tricky dynamic (so I don't bite my bred eggs)) If Multi-clutching occurred in regular eggs, I would cease breeding.

I do not support keeping all of the bred eggs as an option, so I follow along with the belief that if one had the ability to hoard all their eggs (which I would more than gladly do) then the ability to get good eggs would be cut back drastically. Being able to take back your own eggs, might have been more do able back when we used AP trading -  I know I got some of my multi-clutches back that way (back in the day when all dragons did). Best bet is to make a note dragon saying you would want the relatives back.

I hunt out AP celestials in order to try to vamp a family -  which is cool when it happens - I might not get that chance if everyone hoarded their eggs.

I understand both sides of the argument, but I prefer the way it currently is setup -  for fairness.

7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

But again, forced auto-abandon has always existed TO spread things around. That was true of regular breeding in the old days, and it’s true of Celestials and Holidays now.

Yes, some play styles aren’t compatible with it, but at the same time letting people keep whole clutches of nice things hurts the play styles of people who specifically rely on the AP to catch nice lineaged things. You can’t have both. People keeping the extras directly translates to those extras not being shared around.

I still think there are better proposed solutions to the problems people are having then to change the spread-the-joy way multiclutching has always behaved.

Precisely this.

And although CBs are nice and all, and I value them too, there are BRED things that I also value and cannot easily be obtained in other ways - for me or most other people.  Multiclutch abandonments put those things within the reach of people who would otherwise not be able to access them - they don't have the trading power or good luck in the biomes.

There are lineages that players simply cannot build alone. Anything with more than two CB Valentines or Christmas dragons. And it can be hard finding someone working on the same pairing you are. Finding nice lines in the AP is magnificently helpful to that. The extra eggs mean that you can help yourself and others all at the same time when you're breeding something. The intent was never for you to help yourself, and only yourself.

@RealWilliamShakespeare Would you rather the game hide multi-clutches from you, but have them still happen? Like the game randomly gives you one, and abandons the rest without showing them to you? No, I doubt you would. I don't think they're going away, and I don't think their mechanics will change to allow you to grab more than one egg when the very easy solution is to breed more pairs.

4 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

at one point there was a suggestion thread to allow holidays a rare shot at breeding true outside of holidays, without affecting how they behave during holidays. I think the suggestion got veto’d by TJ, but he’s changed his mind before. That would help you and, from a lore perspective, make a lot more sense than just one week of breeding a year! Heck, even if it was limited to rare chances during just their “seasons” (probably three months centered around the actual holiday), I think that’d be neat.

I wish they'd breed all month, honestly. Multiclutch might be overkill for all month, though.

Don't often venture into suggestions/requests but this topic caught my eye. I was noticing a wall of purple ridgewings appearing in the abandoned pile, so I took five of them for an experiment, and none of them were bred from celestials. A lot of people seem to be saying that the celestials are a big contributor to the AP, but all those blocky ridgewings kind of proved otherwise. I'd personally enjoy to be able to grab more than one from a clutch, because I like to be able to control the dragons I breed.

8 minutes ago, Baynton said:

Don't often venture into suggestions/requests but this topic caught my eye. I was noticing a wall of purple ridgewings appearing in the abandoned pile, so I took five of them for an experiment, and none of them were bred from celestials. A lot of people seem to be saying that the celestials are a big contributor to the AP, but all those blocky ridgewings kind of proved otherwise. I'd personally enjoy to be able to grab more than one from a clutch, because I like to be able to control the dragons I breed.

No one is claiming Celestials are a big part of the AP wall.

I’m saying that if keeping multiple eggs was possible, the few breedings that ARE Celestial x nice Dragon (be that metal, spriter’s alt, prize, or gorgeous checker) will largely stop going to the AP.

And it will open the door to similar arguments for holiday multiclutching, which unlike the fairly limited impacts of Celestial breeding, WILL have a massive impact on nice things hitting the AP.

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

There are lineages that players simply cannot build alone. Anything with more than two CB Valentines or Christmas dragons. And it can be hard finding someone working on the same pairing you are. Finding nice lines in the AP is magnificently helpful to that. The extra eggs mean that you can help yourself and others all at the same time when you're breeding something. The intent was never for you to help yourself, and only yourself.

@RealWilliamShakespeare Would you rather the game hide multi-clutches from you, but have them still happen? Like the game randomly gives you one, and abandons the rest without showing them to you? No, I doubt you would. I don't think they're going away, and I don't think their mechanics will change to allow you to grab more than one egg when the very easy solution is to breed more pairs.

Regarding your second point, I don't really see how that is relevant. When did I suggest anything like that? TJ himself has said it's something he's willing to consider, and even something he's been thinking about for some time. My problem is not that I wants more stuffs, it's just that I feel clutching could be made more beneficial to the player. The intent may not have been for us to help ourselves, but we should be able to in some cases. I believe we should have the option to do what we want with our own eggs, because they are ours. And, as I keep reiterating, many users would still just breed nice things for the AP, I'm sure, as well as accidentally being scroll-locked and the goods being bunted to the AP.

8 minutes ago, Baynton said:

I also agree with this - the AP would certainly never be sparse or empty if my suggestion were to be implemented - the cave has, what, thousands of players now?

@angelicdragonpuppy You replied whilst I was typing this, but I too kind of assumed from the way a few people were talking that the general idea was that the AP would become empty.

While I wouldn't be opposed to some way to keep one extra egg from Celestial pairings I don't want to see their multiclutches disappear or be able to be entirely kept by the breeder.

I like that multiclutches are a thing sometimes. Its nice to be able to breed Yellowstone with a Celestial or at holidays and give other people the chance to catch a G2. As it is now if you don't like multiclutching you can just avoid breeding all of your dragons or those you don't want to multiclutch with the few breeds that do. If there were a lot of breeds that forced multiclutching and abandonment of eggs I'd probably feel differently but I don't really see it as a huge issue. Its just a small part of one normal breed and all holiday breeds during holidays.

31 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Regarding your second point, I don't really see how that is relevant. When did I suggest anything like that? TJ himself has said it's something he's willing to consider, and even something he's been thinking about for some time. My problem is not that I wants more stuffs, it's just that I feel clutching could be made more beneficial to the player. The intent may not have been for us to help ourselves, but we should be able to in some cases. I believe we should have the option to do what we want with our own eggs, because they are ours. And, as I keep reiterating, many users would still just breed nice things for the AP, I'm sure, as well as accidentally being scroll-locked and the goods being bunted to the AP.

Multiclutching was never meant to be beneficial to the player doing the breeding, though. It's purely for the benefit of others, and I'd hate to see the mechanic get removed entirely because people have to bring it up- because so far TJ's only mentioned removing or reducing the number of clutch eggs, not allowing you to keep more.

We'll keep saying it, but if you don't want to have to choose from clutches, don't breed with dragons that multiclutch. And if he does change it in a way that if you do breed with celestials, and you get to take more than one, then your dragons will both be on cooldown for 4 weeks- when you can actually breed more now by having 4 celestials and one non-celestial mate over the same course of time. (basically, if your multiclutch produces any number other than 4, normal breeding wins. If not, it breaks even- but it depends on if your mate is easy to get 4 of or not. Making the change to a 4 week cooldown for say, Golds or Silver or something like that, those are not easily replaceable, and 1-week is better for them).

My bottom line is, multiclutches have always worked this way. It's not some new change that you can't keep more than one, so I don't see how it's a flawed system when you knew what was going to happen when you made that decision to breed with multiclutch-producing dragons. The only time anyone would want to keep more than one would be if the celestials happen to produce two things of value, and as with the example of breeding them to a Prize, I don't think keeping those should be allowed to happen. One of the reasons multiclutch was removed to begin with was people were only cherry-picking the rares, and it hurt the ratios- and it got to a point where there were enough people breeding dragons that it wasn't needed.

(I should be clear- rare x rare breeding in combination with multiclutches hurt ratios- for a time rare x rare breeding was made impossible, but then the decision was made to get rid of multiclutch and allow rare x rare again- but imagine people being allowed to protentially produce more than one rare egg, then being able to keep both and trade both. It might be enough for people to only breed rares with celestials, and then there's another problem).

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Personally I wouldn't like to see the multiclutch system changed, I like it the way it is with both Holidays and Celestials :lol: Its cool that eggs are randomly 'shared' with other players that way and give ppl more opportunities to make interesting lineages, some of which they couldn't start on their own. If a Celestial is bred to a rare dragon and more than one rare is produced, the extras go to the AP and someone will find it/them there, it's nice :) If players can keep whatever eggs they want from a multiclutch, this will happen less often and I dont think that would be good.

All in all, I think the advantages of the current system are more important than those of the suggested change ^_^ 

I've read the entire thread and I've yet to see anything to make me support changing how multiclutches have worked for, what, over a decade now? ADP is right, allowing people to keep a full breeding would cause more harm than good.