Draconiusultamius

ANSWERED:Eggs may have unfogged by themselves?

I'm absolutely sure I fogged two eggs a few days ago for an experiment, however, when I logged on today, my eggs were unfogged and they already have 1 view each, meaning that I can no longer use them for experimentation.  Even if I unfogged them, I'm absolutely certain that they would have one click as well as the view as I always (Please read the forum rules).  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Edit: this just keeps getting weirder... I looked through my action log to see what had happened and apparently I had never hid them OR incubated them.  Even if my memory is a little fuzzy, I swear that I incubated them.  I'm also still fairly certain that I fogged them because I remember looking at the lineage link of one of the dragons after I fogged it.  I debated on whether to keep the dragon for my experiment as it wasn't a CB, but I decided that I didn't care a whole lot about that and kept it.

Edited by Draconiusultamius

I suppose it could be a server hiccup, but it's worth asking are you sure no one else has access to your account? You may change your password as a precaution, and make sure you're logged out on any shared computers.

I haven't experienced any weird fogging behavior like that myself, but your action log should show the time when they were unfogged and might lead to a clue. If I were in your shoes and the unfogging was done during a time when I knew I wasn't on DC, I'd probably change my password just in case.

Also sometimes my eggs don't register my own clicks for whatever reason, I think another user made a help thread about clicks not always working. It just seems to happen at random.

Edited by Terces

:blink: How odd. I actually can't look at the lineages of fogged dragons. If I try, the site tells me the dragon doesn't exist.

If the action log says they weren't fogged, then they weren't. I'm guessing you might be remembering a previous experimentation attempt, or the page confirming the eggs had been fogged never appeared, in which case the request was not registered by the server.

2 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

I'm absolutely sure I fogged two eggs a few days ago for an experiment, however, when I logged on today, my eggs were unfogged and they already have 1 view each, meaning that I can no longer use them for experimentation.  Even if I unfogged them, I'm absolutely certain that they would have one click as well as the view as I always (Please read the forum rules).  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Edit: this just keeps getting weirder... I looked through my action log to see what had happened and apparently I had never hid them OR incubated them.  Even if my memory is a little fuzzy, I swear that I incubated them.  I'm also still fairly certain that I fogged them because I remember looking at the lineage link of one of the dragons after I fogged it.  I debated on whether to keep the dragon for my experiment as it wasn't a CB, but I decided that I didn't care a whole lot about that and kept it.

(bolding for emphasis) I don't think you actually fogged them, maybe you just thought that you did. Fogged dragon's lineages can't be seen, it always gives a 'page not found' error (even your own fogged eggs). So if you were able to see their lineage, that means they weren't fogged.

Weird, I was able to see the lineages of my fogged dragons before.  Maybe there was a glitch, my computer is sometimes insanely slow, so it'd make sure if the page didn't load and I never saw it.

4 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Weird, I was able to see the lineages of my fogged dragons before.  Maybe there was a glitch, my computer is sometimes insanely slow, so it'd make sure if the page didn't load and I never saw it.

I think you have never EVER been able to see the lineages of fogged dragons. Just as Kith says.

You can see the view page of your own fogged dragons (but not anyone else's).

Exactly. And you can't even see the lineages of your own fogged ones.

Not any more, no. It used to be a thing in 2009, maybe up to 2010 (?), but got changed eventually.

I may have been really tired and either hallucinated the whole thing or something then...  oh well.  Probably need to stop sleeping at 5:00 in the morning.  That last sentence in my previous post doesn't even make sense.