Azi

Cringey scroll names

My scroll name definitely was an idea that I came up with when I was really young. It's even worse since it's my very old virtual pet site username crudely translated from Finnish to English too since I couldn't come up with a completely new one. :D The correct translation would've been something like "plushcandy" but I don't think that'd sound any better.

"Wonderwanders" isn't quite as appropriate for me as I'm not the modern gypsy I once was 10+ years ago. Although my mind still wanders off often enough I guess it's still appropriate. LOL

The forum name with the 2 annoys me more....  my original forum name was exactly like my scroll name, but that was back when you didn't HAVE to have an email associated with the account, so thus years later when I forgot the password, it was impossible to reset.  *grumbles*

I don't like my scroll and forum name anymore. :P I used it to begin with because it was my Pottermore username, but I actually hate numbers that are palindromes so the 212 drives me endlessly insane. (Don't ask me why. I just don't like them.) 

But as much as I cringe every time I see it, I don't really want to change it. Mainly because if I change my forum name then it's different to my scroll name, which would be a nuisance. Also because if any of my old friends who aren't around anymore come back, I want them to be able to find me easily. And also because I just don't know what I'd change it to. I've thought of just dropping the number and making it StormWizard but because I'm so used to StormWizard212 it just looks unbalanced without the number. :lol:

So. Endless cringe, basically. :P 

Aqub, a username I made up when I was 10 and making an account on nick.com to play spongebob games. :lol: After that it stuck and luckily I'm very happy with it being my online name to this day, so I don't hate my scroll name... other than the way I didn't capitalize it. Didn't past me know that little things like that bother me?!

Personally, I love my scrollname and happily use it in other places to this day. It's the same name i chose here and it was from a nickname I got in middle school. People do ask me why I can't seem to spell "Siren" correctly, but I ask them, "Why does Psychic have a Y in it? Why not an I as it sounds?" they can't answer. I then tell them, "Because it's different, and adding the "y" gives it unique style.  

I'm not particularly proud of my scroll name. It's an old internet moniker I used many years ago, I asked my brother to come up with the name for me and my scroll name's the result.

Mine is a differentiation on Cerianis, a username a came up with about 16 years ago now. I love both monikers, Cerianis, and Cerimonster. Cerianis because it sounds kind of like a real name, while also being fake, and cerimonster, because why not.  Also, this way I don't forget all of my usernames across the net! I don't mind that bit of information floating out there, because the only other stuff people might find is my roleplaying online.

I guess my scroll name is distinguishing but a bit cringey... I came up with it on some forum (for teenage girls) and used it there 10 years ago and ofc had to use it on DC also.

Just now I'm thinking I should at least change my forum name.

I’m a little annoyed that I added numbers to my name. And I didn’t dogs darn capitalize it. Not a horrible choice as they all come. I’m just glad I was able to change it on here. 

I made my scroll name in 2010 when my original one was burned (I don't remember why now, but I was young and dumb, apparently). I simply changed the "o" to a "0". I chose "predators" because I was, at the time, obsessed with Yautjas (Predators, lol). Either way, it's cringeworthy, not unique, et cetera. I was happy when I was finally able to change "predatorfan4ever" on the Forums... But alas, I'm still stuck with a godawful scroll name. *sighs*

ADN6 is a super old name of mine dating back to Webkinz. I chose the name because I was six years old, so I wanted to be AND6, like "And, I'm six!" Then I misspelled "and". 

My scroll name is.. ouch. The edge. I thought it was cool lmao. I never use it anymore, because it is. that.

i personally cringe when seeing mine because i made it long ago and it's literally my full name.

i asked too many times for it to be changed, but they never respond, so i just avoid using trading post.

My brain thought this'd be a thread about others cringey names. Was pleasantly surprised! People cringing over their own names is interesting to read.

My name doesn't have the numbers or grammar errors of others but... Hylian Dragon? Really? I know this is a dragon website, past version of me, but you could've picked something else. At least it made picking a prefix for my dragons' names pretty easy.

Inversely, my scroll name is actually one of the better names I’ve come up with. The rest currently in use are Anonymous(ly), and an anagram of my first name. However, had I joined earlier, I might be stuck with my old YT user, ‘Emptiness Silence’. 

God.

Mine is cringy to me,  although maybe not anyone else. I just didn’t put any thought into it. What bothers me is that my forum name and my scroll name don’t match. Overall, I am happy with my forum name, except for that stupid dash at the end of it.  But someone had already claimed that name, someone who never posted. :rolleyes: 

To add to what @StormWizard212 said above,  about forum names and scroll names in general, I prefer it when people don’t change their forum names, (unless it is something mild like removing numbers or punctuation from the end of a name) because it makes it difficult to find them. If I have been away for a while, and I see a bunch of new names, I don’t know if those are friends that I used to know with new names or brand new faces.

Besides, I had this beautiful graphic done of my scroll XD  and I wouldn’t want to give that up. 

I was old enough to know better when I picked my names for various accounts, not just DC, and at 65, I'm still a grrl/grrrl at heart so the names still fit. ❤️

On 12/18/2019 at 11:27 PM, ADN6 said:

ADN6 is a super old name of mine dating back to Webkinz. I chose the name because I was six years old, so I wanted to be AND6, like "And, I'm six!" Then I misspelled "and". 

If there were EVER a reason to keep a name, that tops the list.

i chose my scroll name (PineapplesOnPizza) early last year and i have not had more regret in my life. i don't quite remember where i got the idea from, since i don't even like pineapples on pizza; i think it was someone else's un on a different site and for some reason it just resonated with me so i chose it

if i could change it then i would totally make it condemn or zae, my current-day names :D

On 12/26/2019 at 5:34 AM, Rememberdrgns said:

Inversely, my scroll name is actually one of the better names I’ve come up with. The rest currently in use are Anonymous(ly), and an anagram of my first name. However, had I joined earlier, I might be stuck with my old YT user, ‘Emptiness Silence’. 

God.

The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not here, humans miss them. Some never think of them, of course. But some children, from the time they are small, they look up at the blue summer sky and watch for something that never comes. Because they know. - Golden Fool by Robin Hobb

On 12/17/2019 at 10:30 PM, Evangeline said:

I’m a little annoyed that I added numbers to my name. And I didn’t dogs darn capitalize it. Not a horrible choice as they all come. I’m just glad I was able to change it on here. 

Yeah, I kick myself every day for not capitalizing my scroll OR forum name!  D'oh.  I should at least have known better by the time I made the forum name, after years of being bugged by the scroll name!  Why wasn't I thinking.

Otherwise I don't mind the name itself.  It's just a made-up fantasy name that I came up with when I was about 15-16 for a story.  Never finished the story, but at least the name found a new purpose.  :)

My scroll name is Kiryu, and it's just the most common username I went by in 2009. Currently DC is the only place where I still use it, but it's not because I dislike the name (I actually still rather like it), but more because my online identity has changed in those 12 years. I got it from a Yu-Gi-Oh! card of the same name, because it was my favorite card at the time.

The only reason I want to change it is for consistency. My current username, Keileon, is just the Cantonese word for Kirin.

I used to go by Kandycat111 everywhere when I was younger, so that's where my username comes from. Now it's requiesticat, and I wish I could change it.

Ugh, I hate my scroll name.

I'm gonna embarrass myself sharing this but... my scroll name is the username my mother made for me looooong ago when I was a kid on webkinz. 😅 

It's bookluvergirl.

Yeah. We chose it because I was a massive book worm kid. I still like books but it's definitely outdated for me, haha. For one, I don't even call myself a girl any more (I'm now a woman lol) and second, I haven't used that name in so many years. It's from a younger time in my life. I go by Rainbeetle now, but for a while I went by LightningBug!