Azi

Cringey scroll names

Hey o3o

A very random subject, but...

I'm just curious... Who out there has an incredibly embarassing scroll name that they deeply regret choosing and cringes every time they see it on the site? A name that their 12-year old brain chose while thinking "hEy tHIs naEm Is rLlY cOOL"

I do.

And BOY do I hate it ;-;

ShadowOmega. I don't even remember why I chose it in 2012, I don't know what does it means, maybe something I used to like. I'm not saying I hate it but have "Miaplacidus" as scroll name as well would be nice.

luckyburdock - choose it back in 2010 after the names of two horses I used to ride, "Lucky" and "Burdock"... Wish I could change it.

I guess I chose lovecats99 when I was younger since I couldn't really think of anything else and because it was a memorable username for me. I'm not even much of a cat person though (nor do I own 99 cats) so it isn't actually something I can strongly relate to or a name i'm particularly proud of. I guess if I could change it, I would make it cleaner, without numbers and capitalised along with being bird-related (like Pidgey or Borbs.)

Um some people do.

Named for my cat who had to be put down around the time I signed up. (I wish I had capitalised him...)

1 hour ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Just remember, though your scroll name might seem cringey to you, other people won't give it a second thought. =)

Well, actually, some time (or a few years) ago, someone asked me how it is possible that someone as nice as me has such a horrible scroll name. So some people give a second thought ;)

Started playing Dragon Cave when I was a teen and I actually thought that I would forget the game after my second login. So I pretty much chose the first thing that came to my mind, and that was the name of a little girl in a terribly stupid and disgusting story that roamed the net back then. A friend from school sometimes used that name for me, because that girl in the stupid story had the same name as me, and she liked Metal music. And I like Metal music, too. Who would have thought that I would still be playing DC ten years later?

At least I refrained from adding those stupid numbers to my nickname for the forums. Mostly because I joined the forums much later, when I already felt a bit ashamed of my scroll name.

2 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Just remember, though your scroll name might seem cringey to you, other people won't give it a second thought. =)

Sincerely, I don't care about other people's thoughts, mostly if they're about personal things - the problem here is me, that I don't like the name anymore  :D 

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Um some people do.

Named for my cat who had to be put down around the time I signed up. (I wish I had capitalised him...)

You had a cat named Flurp? That is too awesome!

Not totally cringey, but I'm a little annoyed that I used Marie in my scroll name... It's my middle name and what I used to go by everywhere online, but I dropped that long ago and now usually only go by my real name (Heather). I'd change my forum name but I don't like it being too different then my scroll name.

I did. Named because of the way he would lie.

flurp.jpg.5da92a2dbbcac0421bff93356707c991.jpg

I mean - how flurp is that ? :lol: (he is asleep, by the way.)

4 hours ago, Marie19R said:

You had a cat named Flurp? That is too awesome!

Not totally cringey, but I'm a little annoyed that I used Marie in my scroll name... It's my middle name and what I used to go by everywhere online, but I dropped that long ago and now usually only go by my real name (Heather). I'd change my forum name but I don't like it being too different then my scroll name.

I used my middle name too. Honestly though, it's less cringey than my overly common first name. It's just the numbers that bother me. I used my birthday + random number. I used to use the same name everywhere when I was younger, so it feels childish. I would change it to The Dragoness in a heartbeat if a.) that were an option and b.) someone hadn't already claimed the name.

Edited by The Dragoness

I chose Fabula because it was the name of a character in the Final Fantasy Unlimited anime, and I didn't know what else to put. I liked the way it sounded then, but now I'm kinda annoyed with it. I wish we had the ability to change scroll names -I'd pay money for that! Am tempted to change my forum name, at least...

"_smoczyca_" used to be a nickname I used aroud the Internet at the time when I created my scroll. I was a teen back then and I have no idea why I even named myslef like that in the first place :| Now it bothers me, especially those underscores... dunno, I probably thought they looked cool but now I find them only cringey. I really wish I could change it.

Edited by Yunneil

My scroll (and forum) name is not really cringey, teenager me loved chocolate and cats (I still do). The numbers are used in german-speaking countries to say something is ordinary/average. I'm still not good at picking usernames so I'd have a hard time if I had to change it :lol:

Not me. When my Teachers in Primary School first took us to Computer Lessons, the first 2 Rules they said were,
1. Don't Share Personal Information Online.
2. Pick a User Name you Wont Regret in 10 Years. (they gave us some Stupid, Rude, and Funny Examples)
I always assumed Everyone was Taught this in School, but was this a One Off thing with just my Teachers.

18 hours ago, InugamiZERO said:

Not me. When my Teachers in Primary School first took us to Computer Lessons, the first 2 Rules they said were,
2. Pick a User Name you Wont Regret in 10 Years. (they gave us some Stupid, Rude, and Funny Examples)
I always assumed Everyone was Taught this in School, but was this a One Off thing with just my Teachers.

That is a very good lesson and I wish more teachers taught that! It would've saved me from being stuck with 'radigurl' as my email my entire teenage years. 

I just don't like mine. It's a throw-a-way that became not so throw-a-way when I used it once to often. I live for the day we can change scroll names.

On 15/01/2018 at 7:48 PM, InugamiZERO said:

Came across this a few times, I still regret my names every 2 or 3 years. Some people like staying with a name they like, and then there's some people like me who don't like sticking with a name for too long. I changed my name just recently, and I already regret it now. XD

Edited by shaniqua

On 1/15/2018 at 6:48 AM, InugamiZERO said:

That is some sound advice.  I'll have to share that with my nieces and nephews.  Considering the Internet was not around when I was in grade school... well, I don't always know how to approach the subject with young people (my family got Internet when I was in high school and I had enough sense not to share certain pieces of information).

2 minutes ago, ytak said:

This. I cannot understand why people are so okay to make everything about them public on social media. You will not find my name or a picture of me anywhere.

That being said, I wish I used this username in a few less places. Now everyone can track me across the internet.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:48 PM, InugamiZERO said:

Ugh, I wish I knew that back then. Would have saved me about three million "Urks" every time I saw my horrible names that I chose on all the sites I register on XD

I made my scroll name intentionally different than my forum name out of paranoia. Now I'm stuck with Shinypants. Now that I've moved to the UK, it's infinitely worse.... I'd def pay to change it. *blushes furiously*

"Stim" is short for "stimulation", so mine is not exactly cringey, but the issue is that I picked it on a whim and I don't use it anywhere else, so it sometimes confuses people.

Am I the only one who's nickname has persisted since grade school and who wholeheartedly loves it?  I still use it everywhere (though I've always preferred just Draconius, the last part is always added when Draconius is taken and its the only part which I find mildly irritating)

Ps.  I wonder what those stupid, rude, and funny examples were.  My teachers never told me that, which is why my Webkinz account name is cringey.

Edited by Draconiusultamius

I've only just joined the forum but I started my scroll off at around this time last year - I thought I'd made my name up but if you google it, it is apparently a name - so I must have seen it somewhere, forgot I'd seen it and thought I'd made it up.  :)  I like it so I keep it.