XiraCaster

Dark's Art and Graphic Thread

Hello everyone and welcome!

For those who don't know me I'm Darkness, and I have quite the passion for art! After some time of debating (and gathering up enough courage), I finally decided to make this thread and share my pieces with others in hopes of encouraging myself to practice my talents and pursue my career further. By no means am I perfect, nor do I have the best art available but if it makes me happy and I enjoy what I do then that's enough for me!

A little bit about myself- in a shortened up summary of course. I have been studying and practicing graphic design for a little over six years now and still in the works. Currently I'm enrolled into a community college where I hope to earn my associates in Communication Design by 2019 (assuming everything goes as to plan), and then transfer into a four-year university that fall. Programs I currently use to make my artworks consist of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and SAI but aren't always limited to just those three. Other sources I'm quite comfortable with are programs such as Paint.net, GIMP, and FireAlpaca. I can make anything from sketches, line art, digital art, graphics/backgrounds, and vectors so I'm quite flexible as to what all I can do. 

Feel free to enjoy yourself while you're here! I don't bite and I'm certainly open to answering questions, offering assistance, and if poked enough I could be persuaded into taking requests or doing collaborations. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and at times I might even ask for it if I'm struggling with something I'm working on. Do keep in mind that due to college it could very well be weeks or months before I produce something in my free time but I'll try to do what I can. <3 Sketches can be uploaded much more frequently than anything else. 

Though before we jump into some of my examples there's a few other things:
  • I don't draw people or anthro characters.
  • I rarely add drawn backgrounds to pieces but that doesn't mean I won't give them a shot.
  • My comfort range in drawing is usually with animals (canines, birds, dragons, etc.) and if its an animal I've never done before I'd love to try my hand at them.
  • I can draw mythical creatures and other original concepts of the sort.
  • Can make avatar/banner/signature art.
  • Might assist in sketching for the Dragon Request thread.
  • Might do trades/requests, maybe even in exchange for some dragons as well.
  • I have a DA account under the name of XiraCaster in case anyone wants to know where I upload my works.

Art Work

Sketches:

Skydancer (August 2017)

Aegis (December 2017)

Noodle Beast (February 2018)

Lineart:

Phoenix (August 2017)

Egyptian Avian (January 2018)

Graphics:

Galaxy (August 2016)

Vectors:

Tribal Elk (March 2017)