Dragon_Arbock

Enable Tables

Most forums have some bb code or something that allows the use of tables. I'm fairly certain Invision supports this too. 

This would be very useful for balancing text and images in signatures instead of having images force text to be spaced far apart. With tables you can put multiple lines of text in one column, and an image in another.

I'm sure this could also have some use for certain projects in relation to breeding so people didn't feel the need to use outside excel docs and google sheets so much.

You can create them in any wordprocessor and paste them in.

Even if that works, that's not exactly convenient. Most forums have a built-in ability to format tables. Couldn't hurt to ask.

There are no specific buttons I can enable for editing tables. As others have mentioned, they are supported in roundabout ways.

Even if the controls did already exist, I'm not sure it makes sense to show them. The editor toolbar is already full, and I'm not sure there's much that we'd be willing to sacrifice in order to fit whatever buttons are required for proper table management.

7 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

There is no bbcode anymore. The editor is a full WYSIWYG HTML editor.

It's not impossible to use the bb code though. If I type 

[b]a[/b]

I get a. It does in fact still work.
*shrugs* I'm not a fan of WYSIWYG taking over everything.

19 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Can we use HTML coding then ?

Upon simple testing, doesn't seem like it- but from my experience, forums can render html if the option is enabled, but usually disabled it due to safety issues and people abusing it. One forums I was on would allow uses to have an html signature, but it needed mod approval. I guess allowing html is too much work to weed out the exploits.

Yeah, HTML opens a lot of security holes. Even when I RPed on forums that were able to handle it, admins rarely enabled it for security reasons.