Lurhstaap

Dragon Descs For You! (Free!)

Do you want a desc for your dragon, but you feel like your writing skills (or perhaps your English) aren't up to it? Or you just don't feel like writing one for yourself right now? Ask me. If I have time, I will do it. Please include anything I'll need to know in order to write the desc you want in your reply. Also, I'm happy to do this for free, but in return, please be patient and don't ask me to describe your entire scroll. :P 

Want to see my descs? These are my approved descs:

https://dragcave.net/group/31374

And here's the Pendings group for those of you who can see pending descs (not all have gotten enough votes to appear yet):

https://dragcave.net/group/31376

Edited by Lurhstaap

Oh wow this is just the kinda thread I need right now. Thank you for even offering this! Here is my request I understand if you cannot do it though.

I am actually wanting a description for my beautiful Prize. https://dragcave.net/view/adNlB

She was named after my mom, who used to use that name for her online presence. She passed last year and the whole reason I named my dragon after her was so that her name could live on through pretty lines. Every time I try to write my description for this I simply start crying. I can't get to it and it's making me sad that I can't because she deserves a special description. I would like to somehow figure out a way to give ode to her while still describing the dragon itself. My mom had a love for butterflies so if you could include some sort of relationship with butterflies that would be amazing. Her main mate is a Celestial but she is Polyamorous so allows herself to breed with others to continue her beautiful line. If you need any other details then please let me know.

Edited by Rekha

Oh, wow. That's an important one, indeed. I will definitely do it, but give me a little bit to consider it. I want to get this one right. 

2 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

Oh, wow. That's an important one, indeed. I will definitely do it, but give me a little bit to consider it. I want to get this one right. 

Of course! I am a very patient gal, even if you get other requests and want to touch on those first that's okay. I am really excited to see what you come up with. I am sure whatever it is it will be lovely, I love the descriptions you have currently.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but here's a first draft... what do you think? @Rekha

Every morning, at first light, Rozemyst arises. She loves to go out into the forests and meadows before the dew has left the grass, looking for butterflies. The way they flutter and dance in the pale golden dawnlight enchants her. Her favorite mornings are those when she finds a large flock of them - swallowtails, monarchs, whatever is there to find that day. In turn, butterflies seem to like her. Rozemyst's glittering silver scales are often accented by brightly colored wings, as the tiny creatures land on her to rest for a few moments before taking off again. A loving, maternal dragon, Rozemyst has a favorite mate, a Celestial whose ethereal beauty caught her eye, but she is too full of love to limit it to one other. She cares deeply for her loves and children, and once her soul is at peace from butterfly-viewing each day, she dedicates the rest of her time to her ever-growing family. They keep Rozemyst very busy, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Lurhstaap

5 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but here's a first draft... what do you think? @Rekha

Every morning, at first light, Rozemyst arises. She loves to go out into the forests and meadows before the dew has left the grass, looking for butterflies. The way they flutter and dance in the pale golden dawnlight enchants her. Her favorite mornings are those when she finds a large flock of them - swallowtails, monarchs, whatever is there to find that day. In turn, butterflies seem to like her. Rozemyst's glittering silver scales are often accented by brightly colored wings, as the tiny creatures land on her to rest for a few moments before taking off again. A loving, maternal dragon, Rozemyst has a favorite mate, a Celestial whose ethereal beauty caught her eye, but she is too full of love to limit it to one other. She cares deeply for her loves and children, and once her soul is at peace from butterfly-viewing each day, she dedicates the rest of her time to her ever-growing family. They keep Rozemyst very busy, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh wow that is absolutely beautiful. I will wait till you feel like it is done but I must say that I love it and I think my mom would as well. Thank you so much for doing this. 

I'm glad you like it! :) I feel like I could make a few sentences better phrased, but if you're fine with it as it is, please feel free to use it. An artist is always hardest on their own work :P

Okay I'll use it as is. Thank you very much hon. So excited to see this description go live. 

5 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

I don't have anything to request, but this is beautiful. This is a first draft?! I might have to peek at your future writings when I have time.

Yeah, that was how it came out. I tweaked a couple of small things, fixing repetitive phrasing and the like, but it's essentially a first draft. I've written over 130 dragon descs at this point and once I get rolling on one it tends to just come out. Practice makes perfect I guess? :P