Paradisiske

ANSWERED:Dead dragons that i didnt kill

Were they named something that could have been considered bad?

O.o I wonder how in the world something like that happened?

If they had been killed, they would show that ("this dragons has been killed").

Bad names are the most likely reason for that. Maybe a mod could look into that?

2 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

AND maybe a mod can correct me IF I am wrong about this BUT if a person had a dragon name that was considered 'innappropriate'/'offensive' in some way.... they would be warned of the fact and given the chance to fix the problem before any drastic action such as stripping names and killing dragons was implemented, I would guess?

Removal of a name *is* the first warning, as far as I know. If that doesn't work, dragons may be killed or the naming feature disabled - all of which you are warned about EVERY time you are naming your dragons.

2 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

AND maybe a mod can correct me IF I am wrong about this BUT if a person had a dragon name that was considered 'innappropriate'/'offensive' in some way.... they would be warned of the fact and given the chance to fix the problem before any drastic action such as stripping names and killing dragons was implemented, I would guess?

Not necessarily.

1 minute ago, Ariento said:

Don't dead dragons usually keep their names?

That is the reason I immediately thought of offensive names.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Removal of a name *is* the first warning, as far as I know. If that doesn't work, dragons may be killed or the naming feature disabled - all of which you are warned about EVERY time you are naming your dragons.

i named dragons yesterday that were unnamed using the unnamed dragons filter. These dead dragons didnt pop up as unnamed. I didnt know anything was wrong until today when i went to see if my celestial was off cooldown.

if tj is against marina and the diamonds and the red hot chili peppers then wow.

As mentioned, maybe a mod or TJ himself can tell you more.

Players like us can only speculate.

Just now, The Dragoness said:

@CellyBean, what exactly were the dragons names? Sometimes warnings aren't issued on things like this, unfortunately.

Looking at my action log i found

I want to be a virgin pure

A twentyfirst century whor

I want back my virginity

Those names are from the song Teen Idle by marina and the diamonds

I got too high again

I took too many hits off

Those names are from the song Hold Me Tight Or Dont by Fall out boy

16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That is good to know. O.o 

54 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

Looking at my action log i found

I want to be a virgin pure

A twentyfirst century whor

I want back my virginity

Those names are from the song Teen Idle by marina and the diamonds

I got too high again

I took too many hits off

Those names are from the song Hold Me Tight Or Dont by Fall out boy

I'm going to go with the bolded line being part of the problem.  The rest are not offensive to me, personally, but since this is a G rated game, and considered family friendly those other ones may be of concern as well as they reference drugs and things of a somewhat sexual nature.  It's not a "band" thing, it's a offensive language thing,   Your best bet is to PM TJ as he's the only one who can tell you exactly what the reasons were.

These lines being lyrics doesn't really matter, either. A child reading them wouldn't know about those. And children use words and phrases without knowing what they mean - but someone else hearing them might get the wrongest ideas.

Yes - some of those were unwise, to say the least. Just because they are in a song doesn't  make them OK.

Either you got dragons killed for bad names, or you got hacked- cause I see you posted an image circling a lot of teleports, and that does not sound like a mod thing.

My take is.... if in doubt about a name... either DON'T do it, or get it checked and OKed first.

I think of a Beautiful South song I LOVE that I would NEVER use the lyrics from here. It contains the F word, for one thing...

A lot of songs we all know and even sing are just - not OK as dragon names.

And a word from one of the names you listed kicks up the censor HERE, so.... Just because you left off the last letter doens't make it OK - that's called censor evasion.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yeah those names definitely seem a bit inappropriate for a kid-friendly site, I'd guess that was the reason they are dead now. It sucks that you don't get a warning first, although I guess you actually do get a warning since it's stated every single time you name a dragon that inappropriate names can get the dragon killed. If you have any names that you think may be inappropriate it would probably be a good idea to ask about it before actually using the names. I get that they are 'just' song lyrics, but in a kid-friendly site it's understandable that not all song lyrics are going to be acceptable.

Also, even though it does give very clear warning on the naming page, this thread is also a really good resource:

It won't help your dead dragons, unfortunately, but will help you going forward. Also, when in doubt, pm a Mod.  I've done that in the past where I'd been gifted eggs from parents with naughty (site generated) codes. I wanted its name to be a play off that, but also not cross into inappropriate territory.

Every single time you name a dragon, this warning appears:

"Giving an inappropriate name to your dragon may result in disciplinary action, such as the death of the dragon, removal of all names on your account, or the permanent loss of the ability to name dragons."

I consider this warning enough.

Just because a dragon's name is in song lyrics does not make it appropriate for use on DC.  There's a lot of music out there with inappropriate lyrics that have no place here.

Closing as this has been answered.  OP, if you have questions, feel free to PM me.