Orange Sunrise

AP Display Glitch

When I tried to load the Abandoned Pile this morning, no eggs or text showed up. I refreshed the page and it went back to normal, so I find it unlikely that the AP was empty.

Here is a screenshot of the glitch:

AP glitch.png

This is something I can remember happening as long as I've been playing DC; it doesn't seem to happen too often and it always sorts itself out with a refresh. I've always assumed it was just the page not loading correctly on my end rather than a problem with the site, but I don't know that for sure.

I get that fairly frequently, but since it sorts itself with a refresh I never worried about it.

It doesn't happen to me too often, but it does happen to me, and then I have to refresh the page to see the eggs, sometimes they will all be there, but sometimes an egg or two will stilll be missing.

Same thing happens to me-I don't worry about it cause it fixes itself when I reload. A lot less intrusive than the glitch where the cave fails to spawn the eggs for the hour.

This seems to happen to me when I've clicked the link to the AP too quickly, and the main page hasn't finished loading yet.  A refresh seems to reset it to normal 99% of the time!  (Firefox user, if that helps.)

It happens between page refreshes on the AP itself as well.

Actually it is happening about 1/3 of the times I click on the AP now. And I'm just wandering past my PC and refreshing every 5 minutes or so... just to see. It has heaps of time to load.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

It's been happening a lot over the past few days. Last night even after several hard refreshes, it still refused to load for me...Also the cave is very laggy-much more so than normal.

Yeah, it's definitely getting worse. Just happened to me twice in the span of five minutes. It's obviously not the biggest deal if a refresh fixes it, but it's very annoying and very obviously something is wrong, so I really hope it gets looked at. (For reference, I wasn't clicking any AP link, I was already in the AP and just refreshing the page.)

This just happened to me 4 times in a row, when it used to be a fairly rare occasion. Definitely sounds like something to look into.

Agreed, it happens at a range of about every 1/5 to 1/10 refreshes I make on the AP...It usually clears itself just fine the next refresh, but sometimes I refresh 2 or 3 times in a row, and the AP still shows up blank.

Coincidentally, the problem seems to be occurring for me at around the same time I've been experiencing site lag and a lot of random "An error has occurred" pages. It gets bad at around egg drop times, even the 5 minute drops. My internet speed is decent, and I've only noticed these issues the past few weeks.

I've never really considered it an issue.  I would say, on a daily basis, about one in 40 times of loading the AP it happens.  I have no idea why it occurs though. :blink:

6 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I've never really considered it an issue.  I would say, on a daily basis, about one in 40 times of loading the AP it happens.  I have no idea why it occurs though. :blink:

It's been a thing for as long as I can remember, really, and I agree it's never really been much of an issue, since it happened rarely and a refresh almost always fixed it. But it's gotten much worse lately, I routinely have this 'no eggs show up' glitch happen 2-3 times within a span of 5 minutes while refreshing the AP. Sometimes it won't happen at all for hours, but then suddenly it will happen repeatedly in a short amount of time. And sometimes a refresh doesn't actually fix it, and it will take multiple refreshes to show the eggs again. Because it's gotten noticeably worse, it has become more of an issue, so I'm hoping TJ will see this and look into why it happens.

I'm guessing the AP is getting reprogrammed/recoded/something now. It used to be that if you left the page (say, by picking up an egg) and then hit back/backspace, you'd see the AP as it was before you left the page. You had to refresh the page again to see the current AP, whereas now, it updates without a refresh. So the more-often-empty AP is a hiccup.

Keep getting this a lot more often than usual. Yes, I know I can fix it with a refresh, but I want to know why this keeps happening.