Moonlight_Eevee

ANSWERED:Unique Breed Count Glitch

You probably aren't missing anything. The Undead thing actually makes sense.

Well, that was easy, there is an Undead Dragon in there, and I don't have an Undead, so that is the one that I am missing. I have everything else. So if you have an Undead Dragon and you are only showing 203 you must be missing something else on that page.

No, that's the thing. The undeads don't count as undeads; each of them counts as what it used to be. They are in the encyclopedia but they don't count as a separate breed on our scrolls.

Edited by fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

NO that's the thing. The undeads don't count as undeads; each of them counts as what it used to be. They are in the encyclopedia but they don't count as a separate breed on our scrolls.

Better check your stats again : 204 dragons in the Enclyclopedia, 1 of them is an Undead, so for Encyclopedia purposes, the Undead dragon counts as a dragon for a total of 204 unique dragons in the encyclopedia.

That's what we are saying. The encyclopedia has 204, we are all showing 203 even though we have everything in the encyclopedia.

We are not missing anything! It is just that the undeads don't count as a separate breed on our scrolls. If you do a breed sort, they sort with their original breed rather than all sorting together as undead.

Edited by purplehaze

Exactly. For encyclopaedia purposes it's a breed, but to the unique count it isn't.And while I know it has been like that for ever, it makes sense now - otherwise we'd have to leap up to add all the different ones, maybe.. OUCH !

So, the mystery is solved then? There are 203 unique breeds and the encyclopedia shows 204 because one of them is an Undead dragon, so there really is no glitch? Scroll count should be 203 if you have everything and Encyclopedia should be 204 because the Undead is in there. So, it's like apples and oranges then? 203 for the scroll count and 204 for the Encyclopedia count. phew.... glad we were able to clear that mystery up.

I think that's rather condescending. It's a legitimate question as to why the one counter wouldn't match the other- and for consistency's sake, if possible, it should be changed so that they do match.

Doesn't affect me personally, as I have no zombies, but nonetheless is something I would call an issue.

7 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I think that's rather condescending. It's a legitimate question as to why the one counter wouldn't match the other- and for consistency's sake, if possible, it should be changed so that they do match.

Doesn't affect me personally, as I have no zombies, but nonetheless is something I would call an issue.

I was very serious. I just got my Neglected a few months ago, so I was always 1 dragon count behind every one else, so the thought that there was actually another dragon I was lacking (besides the Zombie) was a little minor panic for me, and I'm glad it was cleared up: there are 2 counts, 1 for the scroll and 1 for the Encyclopedia.

@StormBirdRising I am aware that there are two counts. I still think they should match. If the encyclopedia thinks Zombie should get its own entry, it should count on the scroll as well. The game can obviously tell it is a Zombie on some level or it wouldn't work for the encyclopedia either.

Thanks for pointing this out; undead dragons are indeed the cause.

I've fixed the issue, and the fix should go live probably within the next week.

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Your scroll says 202 when I look at it.

@fuzzbucket Because they still seem to count as their original breed, as has been mentioned above. The number of Encyclopedia breeds and the counter at the scroll's top for those who have one of each has been 1 off as long as that statistics box existed, as far as I remember.

@olympe But in English, there is no inflection.

Huh! So it does. I must have misread it before. Interesting. So I wonder what's missing then?? That's very odd. 

EDIT: Oh, I see TJ posted. So it WAS the zombies? That's fascinating. Good to hear the bug was tracked down!

Edited by Lurhstaap

(After being redirected here by purplehaze from another thread) I really thought I was missing a whole bunch of other dragons. (I did forget I'm still missing a Yellow Zyu lol) so between that and the ND I will likely never have, I have all other dragons? Woo! I thought I was so behind. XD This thread made me happy (And answered a question I'd been wondering for a while now)

This can be closed as the glitch is now fixed!