MoonlightEevee

ANSWERED:Unique Breed Count Glitch

For some reason the Encyclopedia says there are 204 unique breeds yet when we go to check our unique breed count, it says there's only 203 even though we know we have every single dragon and creature. Other people in Discord has verified this

It probably has something to do with zombies/undead dragons. They have their own encyclopedia entry, but still count as their original breed on our scrolls - unless something has changed there? (I remember my zombies always sorting under their original breed in breed sort...)

Do you have Neglected? I have everything but that and I'm at 203/204.

I'm on 190 unique breeds, but counting the breeds I'm missing comes out as 13, rather than 14. I agree with olympe that it's probably to do with Undead dragons, which do indeed still sort with the breed they used to be.

But even if they sort as their original breeds, assuming you HAVE one of those breeds as well as the undead, they shoudn't count twice... (I have both undeads  and neglecteds and I too show 203.)

I wonder about leetles ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I counted all my dragons one by one, including one of the undead dragons (I have two) and it came out to be 204 (minus the Leetle Tree) *shrugs*

One moment... (I admit I have NOT tried that ugh...)

Leetle trees don't even have an entry in the DC encyclopedia, so I doubt they're causing this.

Is there an automatic way to count the breeds on your scroll? I don't want to have to go through them "manually".

Edited by olympe

Honestly, I don't know. I counted them each in an interval of 10 and I landed on 204 

I get 203. I did weed out things like all but one Seasonal; all but one stripe and so on.

I may have made a mistake, as I DO have one of everything ! but at the moment I get 203. (Done in Excel, as I have a database.)

Uhm, all four seasonals have their own entry in the encyclopedia. So do the day glory and night glory drakes. And while all xenowyrms have their own entry, there's only one entry for the zyumorphs overall.

Edited by olympe

Yeah. I just went about it the other way - and I do indeed have EVERY breed shown in the encyclopedia index....

Did the scroll number change when we got garlands, or are they not up yet ? Could it be as simple as that

Nope. The encyclopedia has 40 full rows of 5 breeds each, as well as one last row with only 4 breeds. According to Adam Riese, that's a total of 204 breeds. Garlands are already in there, too.

His name was Ries.

I remember Sock saying it's the Undeads that cause the difference. *shrugs*

Yes - but if the number at the top of our SCROLLS didn't gop up when Garlands arrived that coudl accoutn for it.

How CAN undeads have that effect ?

1 hour ago, Lurhstaap said:

Do you have Neglected? I have everything but that and I'm at 203/204.

Your scroll says 202 when I look at it.

@fuzzbucket Because they still seem to count as their original breed, as has been mentioned above. The number of Encyclopedia breeds and the counter at the scroll's top for those who have one of each has been 1 off as long as that statistics box existed, as far as I remember.

@olympe But in English, there is no inflection.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's actually a matter of inflection... Besides, in German, his inflected name (with the e at the end) has made it into a common phrase, so, yeah. :/

Okay, let's see. According to that line on top, I have 195 unique breeds. I don't have any dinos, chickens or cheeses, nor any undeads - so that's exactly the number I'm supposed to have, right? 195+6 (dinos)+3 (chicken, cheese, undead) = 204. So, it must be one of those. I'm still positive it's the undeads causing trouble again.

Edited by olympe

There's only five Dinos. Red, green, blue, yellow and purple

Oops? So it can't be one of those, then. My bad. Then it's probably indeed the Garlands, since they're the newest addition to the cave. Or glory drakes, maybe? They used to share an entry, didn't they?

1 hour ago, Terrafreaky said:

I'm pretty sure I have everything and mine shows 203.   

ditto

It makes sense that it would be the undeads causing the difficulty, since they seem to count under their original breed on our scrolls. So they don't get counted on our scrolls, but they do get counted in the encyclopedia breeds. No?

I also have everything, and it says 203 on my scroll. The only one that would make sense as to being the problem would be Undeads.

I had a count of 202, when the Garlands came out it went up to 203. If there are 40 rows of 5 dragons with an extra row of 4 dragons  in the encyclopedia, then the answer is in there. When I have a little more ambition (more coffee) I'm going to through the encyclopedia dragon by dragon to see which one I am missing.