Awdz

Leetle tree breed specific action, gift adult 1x/year?

Not sure if this is feasible/good idea or belongs on bad idea thread, but here it is.

I was thinking it would be nice to allow gifting of an adult or frozen dragon once/year/scroll.  The only collectable that is unique (1/scroll) is the leetle tree, so I was thinking it might be workable to have the leetle tree have an action (gifting?) that enables the scroll owner to send a single entity to a named scroll recipient who meets requirements to accept it (e.g., cannot gift CB holiday dragon to someone who already owns two).  This ability would reset annually, perhaps on the dragon cave's birthday.

Thoughts?

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Well, first of all, the general rule around Breed Specific Actions is that they must 'fit the breed', ie it must make sense for the breed to actually do that. I don't see how it makes sense for a regular ol' tree to be able to send a dragon to someone?

Second, gifting adults has been suggested many, many times and always shot down. It sort of defeats the entire purpose of a 'raise animal' game to be able to bypass all the raising and just get a fully-grown adult with no work whatsoever.

Why would a leetle tree be able to magically teleport dragons? Aside from it not making any sense (I’m all for fudging the rules a bit in favor of gameplay and justifying it with “magic!,” but this seems beyond that), I’m not a big fan of gifting adults randomly out of the blue. Some users with more time to hunt or faster machines on which to do it already seem to catch most of the CB Metals that float through the cave, but even then they’re (kinda) limited by scroll limits in how much they can hold at one time. In contrast, being able to give adults would allow for stockpiling. Yes, I realize a one a year suggestion wouldn’t likely lead to such things, but I imagine if the door is opened to adult gifting in any way then adult trading would be the logical follow.

Thanks, but no thanks. 1/year is a very low number, and would only work for very precious rares. The main use I could see for this is transferring CB prizes, which are locked to their respective scrolls during their growing phases for a reason. (=> More multi-scrolling?) Or maybe GoN or something equally hard to get. Overall, it seems like it's more likely to benefit cheaters than honest players IMHO.

There are plenty of legends and fairytales about a tree being a gate to someplace else. A Leetle tree might be a bit too small for that though.

Anyway, I don't think adult gifting is necessary or beneficial. The only adults that seem to be on the wrong scrolls nowadays are owned by inactive people XD

I´m also against this, why would you gift an adult anyway? you could have done it as a hatchling so you missed your chance.

As for why the Lettle Tree could do it, Ruby Eyes is right.

Here in germany (well, in the part i live in) there are legends about Trees being the portal to other worlds and places which were used by Druids and Bards. In the Norse mythology surrounding Yggdrasil that is also the case since Yggdrasil connects different worlds/religions (depends on version).

So yes, a tree as a teleport gateway is possible, but there is one problem in such legends:

You enter and you COME OUT of a tree, so both users need to have a Lettle Tree.

(Also seen in DnD, Druids get a Spell to walk through trees and depending on the Tree breed, you have limited reach)

Edited by Yubelchen

I don't think this would work very well. It's an interesting idea, but consider the ways people could abuse it: trading extra CB Prizes for hoards of rares, making multiscrolling a tad easier, and opening the door to numerous discussions on a real way to trade adults. Right now, we can already trade eggs and hatchlings, so I don't really see a reason for this to be added to the site.

While I’m all for tree lore (is there anyone playing a game about dragons who DOESN’T love myths?), I still think it’s too much of a stretch in this case. Dragons themselves have been assigned all sorts of wonderful powers over the years. Does that mean I should suggest Striped Rivers, as easterns, should suddenly grant good luck in the form of a random Gold appearing on your scroll? It’s just too much of a stretch when there’s no in game lore even remotely backing it.

And besides the choice of BSA, I’m still not really a fan of opening the door to adult trading at all. 

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

And besides the choice of BSA, I’m still not really a fan of opening the door to adult trading at all. 

This, very much.

On 10.1.2018 at 5:13 PM, Yubelchen said:

Here in germany (well, in the part i live in) there are legends about Trees being the portal to other worlds and places which were used by Druids and Bards. In the Norse mythology surrounding Yggdrasil that is also the case since Yggdrasil connects different worlds/religions (depends on version).

So yes, a tree as a teleport gateway is possible, but there is one problem in such legends:

You enter and you COME OUT of a tree, so both users need to have a Lettle Tree.

Wasn't Yggdrasil supposed to be a big tree, though? Definitely not a leetle tree sending big, huge adult dragons someplace else... It might (possibly) work for pygmies, but even that might be a stretch. (I always imagined our leetle trees to be bonsai-sized.)

21 minutes ago, olympe said:

Wasn't Yggdrasil supposed to be a big tree, though? Definitely not a leetle tree sending big, huge adult dragons someplace else... It might (possibly) work for pygmies, but even that might be a stretch. (I always imagined our leetle trees to be bonsai-sized.)

Even if our 'leetle' trees are normal sized trees, many of our dragons are way way larger then trees. I remember long ago there was a size chart, though I can't find it now, and I know a few have been described as mountain-sized by their creators. I'm sure a very good portion of our dragons simply wouldn't be able to fit into any sort of tree in order to be teleported, and even if the dragon doesn't have to physically be in the tree I really doubt even a magical tree could transport something that size.

Okay, but you missed a really good pun. It's a Giving Tree!! Also, sometimes there's a reason you didn't gift it as a hatchling. My little brother didn't make an account until years after I did, and he loves the dinosaurs. If I wanted to give him one of my (difficult to catch, rare) dinosaurs that I caught before he made his account, then this would allow me to. Why would you make giving prizes an option if you think it will upset everything this much? Just limit it to dragons you can catch in cave. It would also be useful as a second chance for a really special trade. Say your wifi goes out for a couple daysand that cb gold you were going to give as payment isn't a hatchling anymore. Now you can still give it without needing to try to catch a new one. Once a year or once a month isn't frequent, and seems unlikely to really upset the balance of anything. I'm not strongly for or against this idea, but it has merit.

9 minutes ago, DragonArchaeologist said:

Okay, but you missed a really good pun. It's a Giving Tree!! Also, sometimes there's a reason you didn't gift it as a hatchling. My little brother didn't make an account until years after I did, and he loves the dinosaurs. If I wanted to give him one of my (difficult to catch, rare) dinosaurs that I caught before he made his account, then this would allow me to. Why would you make giving prizes an option if you think it will upset everything this much? Just limit it to dragons you can catch in cave. It would also be useful as a second chance for a really special trade. Say your wifi goes out for a couple daysand that cb gold you were going to give as payment isn't a hatchling anymore. Now you can still give it without needing to try to catch a new one. Once a year or once a month isn't frequent, and seems unlikely to really upset the balance of anything. I'm not strongly for or against this idea, but it has merit.

Some people could benefit from this suggestion, yes. However, in general DragonCave has certain 'lore' and things that are and aren't possible in the DC-world. Normally a suggestion has to actually make sense, not just 'oh this would be great and would help people'. People have pointed out why this doesn't really make sense... A tiny tree transporting a massive dragon to another location just isn't really something that would happen. There is nothing in-game right now that even suggests the Leetle Trees are magical in any way. There have been many suggestions in the past for transferring adults between scrolls, and while I don't really support that in general, some of those other suggestions actually make some sort of sense in-game.

I could understand if a twig is broken off one tree, and is gifted to another:

- we could collect twigs/leaves/nuts/fruit from other scrolls as a trophy

- we can give a branch that is able to grow into another tree, with a function similar to bite/summon....

I could go with that, as there could be lore surrounding lettle trees as a highly coverted gift surrounding the people of dragcave, and that once a year the peoples of dragcave go out and exchange branches to show the regard they have for eachother, and receiving a branch is consided to be extremely special... That I could deal with, since its almost similar to bonsai and how special those plants are to many individuals, and what they represent.

This could also explain why they so rare - people have driven these trees almost to extinction in the wild since they highly sort after - illegal harvest from the wild - and why its only one (CB) a scroll, since they repersent a form of wealth - but more like a household pet, its a member of the family.

If leetle tree has a BSA, then it should be: rustle. Rustle a tree 25 times and you get a lea fpile badge or something. But nothing else.

No support... as far as I always gathered from this game, the reason we can gift eggs/hatchlings through trade is mostly because we still have control of them. Our scrolls are described as, "small sketches of dragons along with information about them." I always took this to mean we hatched/raised our eggs and hatchies but adult dragons have their own lives to live :lol: That's why refusals / death resists can happen, they're not pets or tame or anything. 

In my view, an adult dragon is its own being. Many of them are described as intelligent as people... it'd be a little strange to try to force an adult dragon over to a different section of the world just because.

I'd only support a gifting suggestion if it was like... a Script BSA. Like, a Script has a BSA of "teaching," or something where they take some writing about life on someone else's scroll, and talk all about the good things happening over where another player "lives." Rarely, the dragon will decide that place sounds amazing and decide to pick up and go, but often they'll just ignore the Script and head on their way- Or some other "wise," breed that'd be able to tell tales of places far away.

Something like that makes more sense lore-wise than forcefully sending our dragons somewhere against their will... I'd hate to try sending a Plated Colossus anywhere they didn't want to go!

6 hours ago, Starscream said:

If leetle tree has a BSA, then it should be: rustle. Rustle a tree 25 times and you get a lea fpile badge or something. But nothing else.

Yus. XD Love it. But nothing that affects game play in any way. And nothing that involves adult dragons moving from one scroll to another.

16 hours ago, Starscream said:

Splash!  :D Sorry, but it seemed to fit. ;) 

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Splash!  :D Sorry, but it seemed to fit. ;) 

CRASH!  Something more Monty Python comes to mind with Arrgh! and all the leaves fall off.