Paradisiske

New prize dragons

29 minutes ago, jumpsnake said:

Just adding my voice to everyone else-- no new prizes, and I'd still vastly prefer the 'store' or whatever way to earn prizes instead of having it be only luck based.

I agree the mints are really cute though.

Honestly I'd prefer more hybrids before almost anything else. Anyone else remember that silver x black hybrid from years ago? Droooool.

Ooohhh yes I remember that! There have been quite a few hybrid concepts over the years that I'd *love* to see in-cave, I always wonder if more hybrids aren't released because so many people complain about not being able to make perfect lineages with them. 

I still think we could do with a few more *true* rares released in-cave. Definite 'no' to new prizes that are only available through sheer luck, but I'd love some more real rares in the cave to hunt for.

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Ooohhh yes I remember that! There have been quite a few hybrid concepts over the years that I'd *love* to see in-cave, I always wonder if more hybrids aren't released because so many people complain about not being able to make perfect lineages with them. 

I still think we could do with a few more *true* rares released in-cave. Definite 'no' to new prizes that are only available through sheer luck, but I'd love some more real rares in the cave to hunt for.

I'd be ok with more true rares as well..... though honestly I prefer just being able to get things. I enjoy the challenge and patience required to build lineages and to create 'lineage art' much much more than spending a ton of time hunting. Of course when something is available I want to go for it...

Huh, must have missed that hybrid. (I do remember a black x guardian hybrid that looked black and silver-y (guardian archangel) that was later changed to a non-hybrid concept, but that's it.) :blush:

No to new prizes.

I'm neutral on the metal mints.

Yes to a new in-cave Brass dragon.

And yes to a new in-cave dragon that looks like water or glass.

[

Just a heads up:

Current dragons relevant to Water | Metal | Mana | Mineral | Carbon | Star:

Desipis / Prizes / Gold / Silver / Copper / Xenowyrms / Pyralspites / Lunar Heralds / Fire Gems / Gemshards / Magma / Ice / Golden Wyvern / Nebulas / Sunrise / Sunset / Sunsong / Risensong / Setsong / Bluna / Undine / Spinel Wyvern / Geode / Shallow Water / Celestial / Moonstone / Sunstone / Diamondwing / Ember / Fell / Frostbite / Striped River / Water / Seawyrm Pygmy

]

Edited by Serliek

No to new prize dragons as well. I've had no luck at all winning any of the monthly raffles as is.

WB

No thanks, I'd rather see any potential rares (which I dislike cuz' frankly they're a pain in the butt to get :P - uncommons and commons for the win!) get released in Cave or pehaps as extras in a store. But in general I feel we have enough prizes with the monthly raffle and all - getting all six CB variants of prize dragons is neigh impossible (might as well win a lottery) so I see no point of introducing any more. Perhaps if current prizes were more available, I'd be moreopen to this idea, but currently I feel that we have enough of them.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, Process said:

full set

mint-prize.png

^ Yes

On 1/7/2018 at 8:29 AM, olympe said:

And that's where the problem is: Most of us are in favor of new shinies, but not of more raffle-exclusive dragons. 

^ Yes

No to the original suggestion. Would love more shinies in the cave though (true new rares or recolored commons).

On 1/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, Process said:

new prize dragon gold mint

(original artists profile seems to imply its ok to do this)

gold mint.png

CB gold mints are given out to everyone who enters the raffle.

Gold mint problem solved.

(Maybe.)

But yeah, I'd like to see new shines obtainable in the biomes rather than raffles, even though I have no CB Golds or Silvers whatsoever x'D

Edited by SkyWolf25

In general, I'd love to see more color variations for most breeds, even / especially if they're breed-only like colored stripes. Just like those mints. However, most artists are not on board with this - or weren't when it was suggested. 

On 1/5/2018 at 5:59 AM, Guillotine said:

This would only work if repeat winners were reduced and more dragons were given out every month. As it is, I have to oppose it.

e: Like, quadrupling the number of total winners. At minimum.

And reducing the number of times people could win prizes, Gah!

Also, my answer to this would be no, for the same reasons as everyone else. Plus it's just not necessary when things like that can just be introduced normally. But what RealWilliamShakespeare said kinda rings with me, as much as I would hate it because I most likely wouldn't ever get one, it's an ok idea, like the GONs originally were, unbreedable statues really.

I love the idea of new in-cave shinies or recolours of existing dragons. I always loved the Halloween dress ups of the dragons and would absolutely love to see new recolours that can be obtained in cave. I'm not for new prize dragons unless the numbers are significantly increased or a new way of obtaining them is introduced. 

I agree with the above. It's already nearly impossible to win the prizes offered in the monthly raffles, especially with the possibility of double/triple winners and the low amount given out. I would rather see something of Gold or Silver rarity introudced to the cave than another exclusive dragon tossed into the raffle.

Let's just turn all of the Prizes into Mints.

At the moment, I don't plan to add new prize dragons to the raffle. If I were to, it would probably be additively (more eggs given out). But in the mean time, having the two prize dragons is enough, and the main change to future raffles will likely be the long-promised "different ways to enter per-month."

Thank you. Please stick with the no new ones :)

I see TJ has already spoken, but I'm going to throw in my thoughts anyway. 

IF we got a new prize dragon, instead of a raffle where it is a randomized selection, what about a monthly challenge? Something truly challenging, with timing parameters that determine what level (gold, silver, bronze) prize you get. Anyone can attempt. Those who succeed get an egg. And maybe after a while another new prize variant comes and is interchangeable per month once ratios even out a bit. 

Tinsels/shimmers can stay in their raffle (increased winners I'm game for), and maybe instead of barring previous winners outright, for every CB prize they win, they have a decreased chance of winning. 

*shrugs* I've always been a fan of new prize dragons, but I agree, it should be more obtainable than current. 

Just as long as it doesn't  - in effect - need grinding. A lot of very keen players play hard but have limited time.

45 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Just as long as it doesn't  - in effect - need grinding. A lot of very keen players play hard but have limited time.

I'm not sure how much grinding can be done with a game reliant on time limits, but I also don't think it needs to be so easy that everyone grabs one right off the bat. It's supposed to be difficult, that's what makes it a prize. But since it's effectively available to everyone at really any given time, there's not necessarily a reason it shouldn't be difficult and challenging. Outside circumstances shouldn't dictate how the game operates (like people with slow connections have a harder time grabbing cb rates, for example). 

I mean, obviously these challenges have to be do-able, I absolutely agree. 

I don't know exactly what they would entail- haven't gotten that far yet in my brainstorming haha :P -- but maybe something like, raise a certain number of these dragons in this time frame? 1 week for gold, two weeks for silver, 3-4 for bronze? And the breeds/numbers for the challenge can vary per month. (Like, one month is raise 4 blue gemshards and 3 rainbow coppers). Or using more uncommon/common dragons, which will in turn drive more trades as people try to complete the challenge. 

And so it's not as simple, maybe there are multiple conditions that have to be met. Including the raising of certain types, maybe you have to also breed a certain number of hybrids, or breed a certain kind of dragon and produce it's own breed, or use a BSA a certain number of times. All these done successfully in the indicated time frame will grant the prize egg. 

Does that make sense?

Edited by hazeh

Several people in this thread have pointed out that no-one should be forced to collect a breed they don't want, or to change their playstyle. This isn't actually a particular problem for me, as I don't MIND collecting a weird breed, but a lot of people do. A lot don't want huge numbers of dragons in their scroll either.... Just saying...

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Several people in this thread have pointed out that no-one should be forced to collect a breed they don't want, or to change their playstyle. This isn't actually a particular problem for me, as I don't MIND collecting a weird breed, but a lot of people do. A lot don't want huge numbers of dragons in their scroll either.... Just saying...

Hmm. That's true. I forgot about that, lol. 

Well, other than the release feature being an option for those folk, I suppose it doesn't need to be collection based? There can be another activity created specifically for this purpose. A minigame of sorts, I guess. Or another challenge that incorporates DCs existing features that I just can't think of. 

And - minigames are grinding. The consensus so far has very much been earning by playing. I suppose one thing could be catching, hatching and releasing - which helps with ratios.... and makes people trawling the AP very happy XD

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And - minigames are grinding. The consensus so far has very much been earning by playing. I suppose one thing could be catching, hatching and releasing - which helps with ratios.... and makes people trawling the AP very happy XD

That's what I was leaning toward. There's nothing to stipulate that you have to keep the dragons once you've met the qualifications for the challenge. But if it's not a challenge, it might as well be another raffle, and I think giving everyone an opportunity to do it a different way would be beneficial. I'm of the opinion that prizes SHOULD be difficult to get (like I said, they're prizes and therefore distinct from other breeds in dc), but still obtainable by some means. 

I would be in favor of a method that requires a fairly long string of conditions to meet. Perhaps raising certain dragons to adulthood or to hatchlings, in a certain order. Perhaps even throw some curves in there by specifying certain colors of certain breeds that are subject to RNG. That's just a vague idea but part of the challenge is figuring out how to meet that. Another challenge could be breeding a certain generation of dragon with certain breeds in the lineage. Over at The Fifth Element lineage we have something called an All-Inclusive Leeloo. That involves a 7th gen even gen dragon bred all or mostly from ones own scroll that starts with 64 unique breeds and incorporates many of the hybrids and other breed-onlys. I think my current version has 90 distinct breeds in it. It takes at least 9 months to breed, usually more. I've been working on this one for probably two years. I have no idea whether or not such a thing can be coded but fortunately for us TJ is perfectly capable of figuring out what can or can't be done.

I would welcome challenges in order to earn a new type of prize, but the challenges should be *doable* with effort and not rely on random chance... ie, collecting a certain number of a certain breed is fine, you can breed or catch or trade so there are multiple ways to go about doing it. Breeding a specific dragon and producing a specific type of egg, imo, is definitely not okay, since that is something we as players have absolutely no control over, breeding results are fairly random and controlled by mechanics we have no clue about. I could breed 100 pairs of the correct dragon and not get a single egg of the correct breed, and there is nothing at all that I can do about that, therefore I don't think it should ever be a requirement to obtain something. (As an aside, I've always been very vocal about not forcing specific playstyles on users, so I'm not totally loving the 'raise a certain number of a specific breed' idea, but if we can release them afterwards with no penalty (ie, our prize dragon is not taken away) I guess that's alright.)

edit: My issue with possible mini-games, besides the obvious issue of grinding, is that depending on what exactly the mini-game is, it may be completely inaccessible to some users. You only need to look at the holiday mini-games to see that there are almost always a few people who just can't get the game to work, it shows up blank or continually freezes or whatever. If there was to be some sort of mini-game where you could earn a dragon, it would have to be made *absolutely sure* that it actually works on all common browsers/mobiles/whatever, and I would want some sort of agreement from TJ that he would work to fix any issues that come up.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I was surprised by the hostility toward prizes in the thread, even if I understand some of the reasons behind it, so I guess I'll just be that person and say I like them, even if getting a CB seems insanely hard or "unfair". I also thought it would have been cool to get a new type of prize, but it seems TJ already shot that down, so I guess that's out.

The ideas for shiny/recolored dragons is an interesting alternative, so I'd be on board with that. There are some dragons that I don't collect simply because I don't like their color scheme, so recolors might actually encourage me to get more of them.

Not sure what I think about the challenges so far, I'll let the rest of you hash that out.

I'm OK with prizes; I am even OK with the randomness of raffles, which I see as TOTALLY fair, though I would also like to be able to earn them. But until such time as they can be earned, given the way they have skewed the trading market, I would hate to see new ones added on the same basis, is all.