Paradisiske

New prize dragons

The Prizes made the game into something its not. This is not a game for fancy exclusives for certain users- this was a game of equal opportunity if you work for it. The recent rerelease of the CB Holidays has shown that certain old 2nd gens having value unequal to others was not intended. Now the playing field has been leveled again.

The Prize playing field still needs to be leveled.

And I do think that Prizes being non-breedable might have helped some of this mess, but I don't like that really either since it's still a special dragon nobody else can get. There isn't even a 'plain' version of the prizes that we can get. It's a completely unique sprite.

28 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

The Prizes made the game into something its not. This is not a game for fancy exclusives for certain users- this was a game of equal opportunity if you work for it. The recent rerelease of the CB Holidays has shown that certain old 2nd gens having value unequal to others was not intended. Now the playing field has been leveled again.

The Prize playing field still needs to be leveled.

And I do think that Prizes being non-breedable might have helped some of this mess, but I don't like that really either since it's still a special dragon nobody else can get. There isn't even a 'plain' version of the prizes that we can get. It's a completely unique sprite.

you know i honestly wish that if prizes didnt exist then this game wouldnt have fancy exlusives but thats not true. pancakes, fogball, cb hybrids and upside down mints exist as fancy exclusives for certain users. so prize dragons have no bearing on whether this is a game of equal opportunity. because as long as the other exclusives exist this game will never ever be about equal opportunity.

The playing field has also never been leveled or equal. the fastest users will always be able to catch the most cb golds and silvers. they will always be at advantage over users who have limited data/internet and a slow old computer/phone.

and no the prizes shouldnt be unbreedable.

frankly looking at the reponses to this the general vibe im getting is

but i dont have a cb prize yet so i dont want more added into it!!!! also people who won before shouldnt be allowed to get another!!!! the trading market is horrible enough as it is!!!!!

no one here is required or guaranteed to get a cb prize. its all luck based and rng. if you havent one before try again next time. its so easy to be entered into the raffle just raise three dragons to adulthood over the course of a month. and if people won before and enter again then all the power to to them! who cares if they get a second? its not the end of the world its simply just an online free to play pixel game.

the trading market will always be in favor of those who are the best catchers or experimenters. i bet you that if i were to create a cb neglected and put it up for trade asking for everything under the sun and allowing ious, i would get a very very large amount of offers. why? because as a neglecter i am at an advantage over those who are unable to do so. honestly if 1-3 active reliable neglecters wanted to they could control the trading market. does that make it unfair? no because as long as its on their scroll they can do whatever they want with their neglecteds and trade it for whatever they want. if one person wants only messy lineaged neos for theirs while another will only accept 6 cb golds and 3 2nd gen prizes then thats their choice as well.

@CellyBean Pancakes can't breed (didn't even know he existed til today, and still, don't care), Missingno can't breed, don't care about upside-down mints, I don't see people asking one for offspring of them (if they can even breed- never even heard of those)- CB hybrids should absolutely be an honorable mention thing in the raffle again, because that's not fair at all that some people got them, and now nobody can ever again.

That being said, the game does not need more of this. Absolutely no more special breeds that can only be gotten by luck, and make whoever gets them wealthy. Man, people criticism Flight Rising, but even second gen Imperials aren't worth what Prizes are here (the first-year retired items are, but that's a good case of why time-limited or luck-based things are bad).

Neglecteds are valuable, yes, but anyone can learn how to make them. You, me, whoever can make them at any time, with dedication. It only has the trading power it does because most of us simply don't bother to learn. I can't do that with Prizes. I can't say 'gee I really want to learn how to make a prize' and go do it. I have no control over if I ever get a CB Prize, and that is 100% what's wrong with them.

The odds of getting one are simply not realistic. There are a lot more users on this site than you first estimated by assuming everyone would have one in two years, and as long as people can win multiple times, it'll be much, much longer until everyone is on a level playing field. No more of this luck-based shot int he dark exclusivity in a collectible game. You wanna play economics, there's a bunch of other sites out there that are trying to play that game.

Neglecteds are completely different. Anyone and everyone is perfectly capable of making them. Eventually, with enough effort and time, you'll find out what works best for you. I don't guarantee you a Neglected factory with a snazzy assembly line and all, but it gets easier to make 'em with experience. (They aren't as difficult to make as people say they are, anyway. There's this myth that exaggerates the difficulty of making them.)

CB Prizes, on the other hand, are on the opposite side of the world. I can join all the raffles in the next 30 years and still not have a CB. And not just me; anyone who hasn't won one, this applies to you, too. That's what makes it unfair. In the next 30 years, I'll have had made an amount of NDs that are probably in the three digits, assuming I stay active and the cave sticks around that long.

Pancakes, upside-down Mints, and things like that are also completely different. They're fun little jokes and such. CB Prizes are, clearly, no fun little jokes.

I get that you're saying "it's just a pixel game, not the end of the world, it doesn't matter if you get a CB" and stuff like that, but it actually does matter to some of us. I mean, it clearly matters to a lot of people. Maybe not to you, but it matters to most of us. Sure, it may be just a pixel game, but to some of us, it kinda is important, y'know?

Also, I can throw that right back at you. Clearly it isn't the end of the world if new Prizes aren't added, so going by your logic, I suppose it doesn't matter if we get new Prizes or not.

22 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

-snip-

but i dont have a cb prize yet so i dont want more added into it!!!! also people who won before shouldnt be allowed to get another!!!! the trading market is horrible enough as it is!!!!!

-snip-

This is absolutely not the vibe. No one has said "because I don't have one."  This is the vibe of people who are tired of exclusives limiting how people play in a free to play game.

Many people want more CB prizes added. They just don't want a new type added to completely obliterate any movement in a positive direction.

Seeing people win multiples when others have none is frustrating, so of course many people want to limit the possibility of winning 2, 3, 4+ prizes in a row. There have been suggestions to take care of this without having to resort to "never winning again!1!!"

And yes, the trading market is horrible thanks to prizes. I remember when I traded arms and legs for high gen prizes that I have long since released. There are generous prize owners, but for the most part, if you want anything, you better have the means to be able to trade for a 2nd gen prize if you don't win a raffle. Most people aren't that great at catching CB metals or zyus or xenos or making neglecteds. Most people don't have HM hybrids or spriter alts. 

Yes, there are exclusives, but none of them have been added recently (outside of upside down mints) and TJ has been making strides to make most things obtainable for all players (including prizes through monthly raffles). 

32 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

This is absolutely not the vibe. No one has said "because I don't have one."  This is the vibe of people who are tired of exclusives limiting how people play in a free to play game.

Many people want more CB prizes added. They just don't want a new type added to completely obliterate any movement in a positive direction.

Seeing people win multiples when others have none is frustrating, so of course many people want to limit the possibility of winning 2, 3, 4+ prizes in a row. There have been suggestions to take care of this without having to resort to "never winning again!1!!"

And yes, the trading market is horrible thanks to prizes. I remember when I traded arms and legs for high gen prizes that I have long since released. There are generous prize owners, but for the most part, if you want anything, you better have the means to be able to trade for a 2nd gen prize if you don't win a raffle. Most people aren't that great at catching CB metals or zyus or xenos or making neglecteds. Most people don't have HM hybrids or spriter alts. 

Yes, there are exclusives, but none of them have been added recently (outside of upside down mints) and TJ has been making strides to make most things obtainable for all players (including prizes through monthly raffles).

Exactly. I have said please no more EVER - and I don't have one and I expect I never will. The last thing we need is anything that will skew trading even more.

As for the pancakes and missingno - SO WHAT ? They can't breed, so who on earth cares ?

IF there was to be a 4th color added for tinsels and shimmers - and that's a big if - I would want them to be more common than bronzes, and obtained in a way different from the raffles. Something not luck-based. Not yet another dragon you'll have to sell your soul to get one before the hype dies down.

I honestly don't think that many people actually care about stuff like IHOP or the joke eggs. The eggs won't hatch (as in ever), and the pancakes won't ever breed, so where's the point? They're just a little something like the 7331 badge some forum users got, do not affect anybody's playing experience in any way, much less trading (which would affect most (?) of the player base). The same is kind of true for Missingno because they cannot breed.

CB rares, on the other hand, are important to a lot of us. But even if we cannot easily trade for the CBs, it's not hard to trade for offspring as there are literally thousands upon thousands of those rares available.

Now, CB Prizes are different. They're very rare, have absolutely gorgeous sprites, they are breedable and there is absolutely no way to trade for them, and absolutely no way to work towards getting one - eventually. It's just sheer dumb luck. Which is quite frustrating to many of us. Not to mention that ever since their introduction, Prizes have been dominating the trading section in ways those of us who've been here before usually consider to be unhealthy, to use a mild term. And, of course, we get Prize drama pretty much at least once a year, and it lasts for weeks, if not months. Overall, it seems like an incredibly bad idea to introduce even more prize breeds.

My opinion, just my opinion, not attempting to speak for anyone else.

I don't have a CB prize, but I DO have Tinsels and Shimmers - lots of them. They might not have pretty, short, nice lineages, but I have them. I pretty much have my fill of them. Now, breeding is not a really important part of the game for me and neither is trading, so I am happy with the Tinsels and Shimmers I have. I wouldn't make any effort to convince TJ that we need more prizes, but neither am I against it if more appear some day. Unfortunately, even with monthly raffles not everyone is likely ever to get a CB prize, and I understand some of the disappointment with that, but for me it's just not a really big deal. Would I LOVE to get one? Sure, but as I said I have Tinsels and Shimmers enough for me. It just isn't something I feel strongly enough about to lobby either for or against more prizes coming out.

4 hours ago, Ariento said:

IF there was to be a 4th color added for tinsels and shimmers - and that's a big if - I would want them to be more common than bronzes, and obtained in a way different from the raffles. Something not luck-based. Not yet another dragon you'll have to sell your soul to get one before the hype dies down.

That's not a bad idea-- a common prize dragon found in the biomes would be kind of nice to see. Of course, it wouldn't alleviate the problem of so many users unable to get CBs of the current prizes, but I am all for more regular releases that everyone can catch, trade, and obtain and not more exclusives. I don't get enjoyment from having things others can't have, personally.

I still remember how long it took for prizes of any color and any lineage to be regularly obtainable. Even the messiest, most inbred tinsel you could find was unbelievably rare.

The thing I like quite a lot about Dragon Cave is the fact that, at the very least, its possible to get every kind of dragon(barring a few joke ones) on the site, even if you've joined much later than many others. Sure you may not get CB versions, but at least you can get them. ...Though that's only really fun at a basic, collect-every-sprite level. It's not as fun seeing certain aspects, like the trading market, and even lineages hampered because of the CB rarity of Prizes. So I dont feel it would be any more fun to add another, at least as a gotta-win Prize.

An idea to just toss out there for fun?: Perhaps a form of "Participation" or "Consolation" Prize dragon(s) that are given to anyone who entered, but didn't win the big Prizes. 

4 minutes ago, Process said:

New prize dragon

It's a mint

In gold / silver / bronze

Discuss

Only interested if they’re upside down. ;)

Jokes aside while I’m against new prizes in any form, I think new rares in the cave might be nice. We’ve only had gold and silvers at the top of the catchable rarity spectrum for over a decade. HOWEVER I would like such a release to go hand in hand with the store; as I’ve mentioned before some users have played for years without erring CB Metals, and that will only get worse if we introduce new ones with no way to slowly work to earn them. Whereas if we did have the store as a buffer, a few new catchable top level rares might spur trading in a healthier way than luck based prizes ever will.

I would be all for new in-cave rare dragons if we got the store. Just personally speaking, I don't have any CB Golds, and it would be nice to have a way to work not only towards Prizes, but also Golds- but the store could be used for even uncommons.

you think im not serious

I honestly do want recolored mints

Legit prize idea "recolors"

Not that I think that's a good idea, but I've always wondered why it's only holiday spriters that get alts. Other dragons not important enough?

I'd love a Fire Gem recolor, to be honest. A gold colored one, hmm.

Also, how about a different colored version of every BSA dragon? A purple Pink, a pink Red?

Edited by Dorchet

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Not that I think that's a good idea, but I've always wondered why it's only holiday spriters that get alts. Other dragons not important enough?

I think tying a greater reward to holiday concepts ensures DC players never get left hanging on a holiday with nothing to release. There’s always a lot of nice regular suggestions lined up, but holidays are more thematically restrained in some ways and have the added negative of not being able to share them with anyone if you want them to be releasable. A great reward to combat that ensures plenty of entries.

My theory, at least! :P 

6 hours ago, Ariento said:

The recolor idea has been brought up before.  See here  Marionetta shot down the idea of recolored tinsels.

For myself,  I don't want to see any more new prize dragons.  I joined after the first ones were already in game.  The trade threads were chaos with so many prize owners terrified of being tormented by people wanting them.  I dearly love my shimmers and would love to have a CB, odds are that will never happen.  I don't want any more dragons in that category.

Maybe, to make higher gen prizes more wanted, maybe we could install a recolored prize when it reaches a certain gen. But, no new prizes...  

9 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

The recolor idea has been brought up before.  See here  Marionetta shot down the idea of recolored tinsels.

For myself,  I don't want to see any more new prize dragons.  I joined after the first ones were already in game.  The trade threads were chaos with so many prize owners terrified of being tormented by people wanting them.  I dearly love my shimmers and would love to have a CB, odds are that will never happen.  I don't want any more dragons in that category.

Fair enough, like I said it was a big if. I don't really care if there's no new prizes, I only care that, if there are new breeds/colors, I won't have to sell my soul to get one.

I'd love recolored, rarer versions of 'regular' dragons... I've always thought the Purples would look good as dark blues, actually. And I love the idea of more genuine rares released in general (instead of just user-driven rares). But that's released *in the biomes*, not as a purely-luck-based raffle. No more of those please!