Paradisiske

New prize dragons

6 hours ago, Nine said:

That's not a bad idea-- a common prize dragon found in the biomes would be kind of nice to see. Of course, it wouldn't alleviate the problem of so many users unable to get CBs of the current prizes, but I am all for more regular releases that everyone can catch, trade, and obtain and not more exclusives. I don't get enjoyment from having things others can't have, personally.

I see those becoming like the new Silvers and Golds then, which people will still have trouble catching and will mainly only trade an actual Silver or Gold for...

12 hours ago, Process said:

New prize dragon

It's a mint

In gold / silver / bronze

Discuss

I would like this.

On one hand I'd love new prize dragons, if only to have more species like pygmies, two-headed, etc. On the other hand, that would even give more drama. Granted, with the monthly raffles more people can now get dragons (Yay :D I did won a Bronze Tinsel in November, thank you TJ for the monthly raffles :D ), but I agree with many here that the amount of dragons handed out are still far to low.

We had made an entire proposal for adding more prize dragons here (the same thread that also included the recolor option), with an elaborate schedule for eventually releasing prizes into the cave, but with the introduction of the raffle, that thread is now closed. The solution in the original post in that thread is made based upon countless discussion, many options being talked about and adjusted. It could maybe also work in combination with the current monthly raffles, but I'd have to look into that again, if anyone would want that.

new prize dragon gold mint

(original artists profile seems to imply its ok to do this)

gold mint.png

snorts

Can always rely on Pro to make me laugh. But... uh, the gold Mint actually doesn't look all that bad.

Edited by Dorchet

Just now, Process said:

gold mint.png

^ This is the kind of quality content I look forward to seeing on the forums.

As far as new prizes go or how current ones are handled, I'm pretty neutral on it all.

haha, yes

Maybe these should be for April Fools day, hmmm

Edited by Dorchet

In regards to the current topic: I find it entertaining that people immediately shot down the idea of any new Prize dragons in any way at all, and then Process makes joke recolor dragons and there are +7 replies from people who want the Mints. Do you, or do you not want more Prize dragons, joke ones or not? XD

Back to the original topic, I don't care if we have more dragons or not, regardless of how they are implemented. For the sake of consistency I like the idea of having Platinum Prizes, but if the artists of the Prize dragons already said "no" to recolors I guess we can't hold our breath there. I should also say though that I literally do not care about whether or not I have a CB, or the chances of grabbing a CB, and I am not involved in trades at all. I'm just your run-of-the-mill collector.

10 minutes ago, skwerl56767 said:

In regards to the current topic: I find it entertaining that people immediately shot down the idea of any new Prize dragons in any way at all, and then Process makes joke recolor dragons and there are +7 replies from people who want the Mints. Do you, or do you not want more Prize dragons, joke ones or not? XD

I think "entertaining" was the IDEA....

But in answer to your question - no. Absolutely not. No more prize dragons. Not even of any kind. Even though the mints are delightful.

A joke

Slightly

Still doesn't mean I don't legitimately desire prize mints

Ppl toss put the idea of consolation prize a lot maybe

Or it could be fodder for trying different methods of acquiring prizes

Also gets folks interested in older less desired breeds 

Strait up I want more mints

5 hours ago, Process said:

full set

mint-prize.png

Now I really want these. :D

I'd love them if they were released in-cave :D

3 hours ago, skwerl56767 said:

I don't want more prize dragons. I want the Mint recolors released in-cave. 

And that's where the problem is: Most of us are in favor of new shinies, but not of more raffle-exclusive dragons. 

3 hours ago, olympe said:

And that's where the problem is: Most of us are in favor of new shinies, but not of more raffle-exclusive dragons. 

This exactly. 

I'd *love* new shinies, new genuinely rare dragons that take lots of time and effort to obtain. I've always wanted more true rares, because the only *true* rares on DC are Golds and Silvers, and with 204 breeds at the moment that just seems like too few. But I do *not* want *any* more dragons that can *only* be obtained through a completely luck-based raffle. I'd love to have that beautiful recolored Mint on my scroll, but I'd like a way to actually *earn* it, by catching or trading or whatever, whether then waiting for the tiny itty bitty chance that I might one day win a totally random raffle.

4 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

This exactly. 

I'd *love* new shinies, new genuinely rare dragons that take lots of time and effort to obtain. I've always wanted more true rares, because the only *true* rares on DC are Golds and Silvers, and with 204 breeds at the moment that just seems like too few. But I do *not* want *any* more dragons that can *only* be obtained through a completely luck-based raffle. I'd love to have that beautiful recolored Mint on my scroll, but I'd like a way to actually *earn* it, by catching or trading or whatever, whether then waiting for the tiny itty bitty chance that I might one day win a totally random raffle.

You've worded it perfectly!

On 1/6/2018 at 10:18 PM, Process said:

gold mint.png

Sort of like a 'shiny'pokemon?

Something like that, yes. 

Suggestion: Make the "shinies" breed-only alts, and we won't even have the trouble with catching them...

..... Please no more exclusives. i don't like that Prize dragon CBs are only available via raffle as is. 

As for Gold, Silver, and Bronze Mints.... Bring em on! Just so long as they are in-cave. 

Cheers!
C4. 

Just adding my voice to everyone else-- no new prizes, and I'd still vastly prefer the 'store' or whatever way to earn prizes instead of having it be only luck based.

I agree the mints are really cute though.

Honestly I'd prefer more hybrids before almost anything else. Anyone else remember that silver x black hybrid from years ago? Droooool.