Paradisiske

New prize dragons

two parts to this

1. platinum version to go with the prize dragons we do have if their spriters agree

2. brand new prize introduced via raffle after two years since the monthly raffles have begun

I'm more accepting of the new prize to go along side the current ones in the raffle than I am of a platinum version of the current prizes. :)

I agree with the above. People already get upset about how few CBs are given out each month. 1 of the platinum type (just a random number, since they're supposed to be the highest level), would only be a total of 12 each year. Those 2Gs would rip the trade threads apart and cause so much unnecessary drama.

Please no. Unless we're wiping out the whole raffle system and replacing it with something so much better (which would be anything), new Prizes are a bad idea. If you couldn't tell, I seriously hate raffles. This isn't the thread to post why I think raffles are bad, obviously, I suppose that is for another thread since this one has a different focus. But I think we really should completely re-do the raffle system and make it something different before we think about adding new Prizes.

Please, NO...

Prizes as they always were - distibuted by chance only (or some community voting where most popular users would win and least liked ones would not be voted for if this method was re-introduced now) -  should have never been a thing in the first place. We don't need any more of Prizes, we actually never needed the current 2x3 ones but too late by quite a few years.

If the shop where you can buy CB Prizes is not introduced first, no new Prizes should be a thing:/ ever.

Edited by VixenDra

1 minute ago, KrazyKarp said:

Please no. Unless we're wiping out the whole raffle system and replacing it with something so much better (which would be anything), new Prizes are a bad idea. If you couldn't tell, I seriously hate raffles. This isn't the thread to post why I think raffles are bad, obviously, I suppose that is for another thread since this one has a different focus. But I think we really should completely re-do the raffle system and make it something different before we think about adding new Prizes.

thats why i want to wait 2 years before adding in any new prize dragons. because at that point the majority of us will own at least one cb prize while a few will own multiples. at that point something need needs to be added into the game and i would think that a new prize dragon would be better than having a brand new silver-gold rarity level dragon added in cave

8 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

at that point something need needs to be added into the game

Nope, no more Prizes won't need to be added at ANY point in eventhe most distant future... 2x3 is already WAY too much.

Unless, and only unless, the shop thing is introdced first and all CB Prizes can be bught there. Or if CB Prizes can be choosen and purposefully worked for anyhow else than shop.

Also, nope, CB Prizes won't ever get evenly distributed with the current method, that's a dream, not a probability and forget a possibility... some people will maybe have 10, but many won't have any and not just by choice/giving up.

Edited by VixenDra

How do you know the majority will own a CB? For all we know, RNG could pick the same person five times. Since it's all completely random (aka the big problem with raffles), you have no way of knowing whether most of us will have a CB.

4 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

thats why i want to wait 2 years before adding in any new prize dragons. because at that point the majority of us will own at least one cb prize while a few will own multiples. at that point something need needs to be added into the game and i would think that a new prize dragon would be better than having a brand new silver-gold rarity level dragon added in cave

I don't think that's true. There are already people who have won twice or more since May, not including winners from before 2017. Raffles will never evenly or fairly distribute the Prizes, especially not with the current requirements.

I'm sorry, but I think I'm just going to say no on this suggestion. Now that I think about it, there's already a huge value gap between 2G and 3G Prizes, despite new winners. A new Prize type wouldn't help there at all.

Personally, I would rather see a new rare dragon in the cave. That's something I can at least attempt to get on my own, even if I can barely catch Xenowyrms. On the other hand, I'll probably never win a raffle. CB Golds have also been easier to get in my experience than 2G Prizes. 

Edited by The Dragoness

Please please please please PLEASE no to all of it.

Monthly raffles were a huge boost over what we had before in terms of prize distribution, and things are STILL wildly out of balance in terms of prize owner trading power versus non prize owner trading power. Not to mention that even if you set trading aside and only look at pure collecting, there are already 6 CBs (12 is you count both genders) that most people will never work with. Although “work with” is a loose term even then, as one dragon can’t even make a measly 3g checker by itself.

So PLEASE NO. The situation is already not good. Adding more prizes would just make it all the more horrible.

27 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

Very, very funny. The site has literally thousands of users. Somewhere in the lower 5 digits, I think. And you honestly believe that 60 prizes a month for maybe 2 years (24*60=1440) will give the majority of us a prize? Muahahaha!

As long as prize dragons are distributed randomly, I'm totally opposed to adding more to the mix.

Edited by olympe
faulty math

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Please please please please PLEASE no to all of it.

Monthly raffles were a huge boost over what we had before in terms of prize distribution, and things are STILL wildly out of balance in terms of prize owner trading power versus non prize owner trading power. Not to mention that even if you set trading aside and only look at pure collecting, there are already 6 CBs (12 is you count both genders) that most people will never work with. Although “work with” is a loose term even then, as one dragon can’t even make a measly 3g checker by itself.

So PLEASE NO. The situation is already not good. Adding more prizes would just make it all the more horrible.

Seconded 10000000%.

I was here before the first prizes ever appeared. I wish to this day that it had never happened, much as I love the sprites. Now that we have the monthly raffles, things may start to get back to a more civilised state. The last thing we need is more skewing of it all.

This would only work if repeat winners were reduced and more dragons were given out every month. As it is, I have to oppose it.

e: Like, quadrupling the number of total winners. At minimum.

Edited by Guillotine

There is another problem. A rarity problem. While Tinsels and Shimmers are getting more common (with what, around a thousand CB of each breed in existence?), a potential new prize would start with what, 30 dragons in the first month? It will be like the introduction of Tinsels all over again! (Okay, so fresh blood will arrive a little bit faster than then, but it's still going to be the by far rarest breed for a very long time to come.) Trading will become a nightmare again.

I feel that prizes really helped ruin the game, so I'm not sure that adding more would help that.

Only if we get a shop or some way to 'work' towards things without the random factor.

I do not believe Dragon Cave needs a third Prize dragon. There are already enough issues that stem from the two already out ('lowered' rarity, the raffle, people winning more than one CB Prize, etc) to deal with before another Prize dragon is added.

Sadly, I have to agree with everyone else. If mechanics were introduced so that people cannot win repeatedly until everyone has at least one (if that ever happens) were introduced, or a shop-type thing like what other users have suggested, or really anything to make cb prizes more accessible, I may be more agreeable to it. Maybe users get a prize after having been with dc for a certain amount of time? I don't now, that's a topic for a different thread.

Agree with the majority here: PLEASE NO!!! No no no no no.

Prizes were a mistake in the first place, in terms of keeping the userbase happy. Introducing monthly raffles has helped with that a *bit*, but still the *vast* majority of us have never won a Prizes and might *never* win one. You want to introduce a new Prizes after two years because you think most people will have one of the current Prizes by then? Two years is a total of 1,140 Prizes given out, and I'd assume there are at *least* five times that many active users (there are more users then that regularly using the hatcheries!). Factor in the frustrating fact that multiple people have already won multiple times, that's probably less then 1,100 new users winning Prizes in a span of 2 years. That's nowhere near the amount of users actually playing.

I don't want *yet another* dragon that I have absolutely no hope of ever obtaining as CB, and have to wait 6+ months to even get a bred one. No thank you! And a new Prize dragon would only skew the trading economy even *more*. The trading economy is already ridiculously unfair for most of us normal, non-Prize-winning users, since a good 80% of any decent trade asks for a 2nd-gen Prize (or Spriter's Alt offspring). Many of the CB Prize winners seem to only want 2nd-gen swaps in trades. Adding yet another way to screw up the trading economy is really just not a good idea.

No. I don't want more unattainable dragons.

Unless-

1. These prizes are very common, and given by doing challenges, you can only earn one each month

-each challenge is relatively easy to do, breed x amount of eggs, use a BSA, raise x dragons 

-each level of challenges gives a different prize

-even users with crappy internet would be able to do at least challenges 

-make these challenges increase with difficulty[use 1 bsa, use 2 bsa, use 5 bsa etc.]

2. These prizes are very common(maybe like 300 winners per month or more) and breeding is relatively easy, but gets harder as the gen increases(if possible)

3. These prizes can only be one once. So, once you win one you no longer are allowed to win one. And if these prizes are more common than the current ones.

I'm trying to figure out why this is a thing that is being suggested. I understand the need for variety, but I don't think introducing anything (even two years after the monthly raffle introduction, which would be next year...since they started in 2017) will help the utter disparity between users that the raffles have caused. As they are now, prizes that are higher than 2nd gen have devalued quite considerably. 3rd gens are hit and miss and my 4th+ gens often end up being given away. The ending of the EATW market has not helped.  Also, many people have a preference as to what year/breed/color/gender the prizes are. 2017s and new 2018s are now more "valuable" than the older ones, for example; and, many people prefer shimmers over tinsels or gold and silver prizes over bronzes. So adding another color or prize type will do nothing to alleviate the problems that we have now unless we make it easier for even more people to win or we have something like the store in place. 

Goodness gracious no. I don't personally have a problem with the raffle existing, particularly now that there are monthly rather than annual drawings and the prize pool has already vastly increased to the point that I feel like I actually could someday get lucky. However, low gens of all SIX of those prizes - because, yes, as far as I'm concerned, a separate color is basically a separate breed for collection and lineage purposes - have only just started to become attainable. I do not EVER want to go back to trading an arm and a leg for a 7th gen stair. I do not support ANY new breeds being added anywhere except in the biomes or as breedable hybrids.

I wasn't around when the whole Raffle thing started via the game or the board, so I am glad I missed the drama there... Though Raffles and Prizes... I cannot say I care for those. The prize dragons are beautiful, but the game play around them are ridiculous. Just looking at the trade community here gets depressing (especially this past Christmas) when someone thinks they have something of worth and ask only for 2nd Gen Prizes or 2nd Gen Spriter Alts. If how prizes are obtained in this game relied on the individual player (like collecting this amount of common breed in this amount of time) and not on raffles or popularity (2010 - yes, I say popularity on that because sure, DC players voted, but you had some vote on a handful of trees they saw with no comparison or equal distribution. I voted, but I probably saw only 0.000001% of all the trees entered.), I'd possibly be a bit "okay" with this idea. Outside of that, no. 

No to both.   No new prizes need to be added at any point not even if the store gets implemented. 

Honestly I agree with @CellyBean. I don't see much of a problem with the raffle system - people enter and some of them win, it's how any raffle works. If I have any problem it's how... not-special the Prize Dragons are. I wonder why they're breedable: they're a prize, they're super special, but now anyone can get them. I personally went through a [regrettable] phase of just breeding Shimmers so now I have a scroll-load, despite never having won the raffle, and they've kinda lost their lustre.  I'm also opposed to the idea of Prize Dragons being given to those who've been on the site longer or whatever - that's what trophies are for and idk, in my eyes it's kinda like special treatment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I wouldn't mind a new Prize Dragon actually being a prize - being special and unbreedable and only a thing you can win.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare