Paradisiske

Marketplace

From my experience, trading has become so slow with the forums only :unsure: Recently I've been unable to complete simple trades I'd usually find within a day or so while EATW's market was still active.

Some kind of on-site market would be great to have! With filters and stuff :P And with the option to leave a message, teleport link etc.

I'm also thinking, if that feature would be an in-game thing, maybe it would be possible, unlike EATW, to leave eggs and hatchlings up for trade with a hidden scroll? If the site can see that the dragons still belong to the user ofc. That may be a great option to avoid view-bombing for those who experience it while not limiting them in trades. Just a thought ^_^ 

Anyway, support :lol: 

The closest we have to a trading marketplace would be TJ's Take An Egg/Leave An Egg Site:

https://dcrecords.tj09.net/leaveandtake

Which is less of a trading market and more of an adoption free for all. 

So, I would support a trading market. I probably would not use it much, but I can see the benefit. 

Yes..this would be amazing, if  DC implements an own ingame marketplace. I don't know why DC-players don't use the option to trade via the DC forum, that much as they used EATW for trading.

In any case, if I've set up a trade on EATW I knew for sure, it will take half an hour to 24 hours at the most, 'til the trade is done (extremley seldom it took more than 24 hours ..most often after 4 or 5 hours the trade was completed). Last time I made a trading-post on DC forums (offering 3, very nicely lineaged, perfect 2nd + 3rd gen gold eggs, each with an own trading link - only looking for a blood swap trade), I was waiting..and waiting ... and after 3 days... in which it even seemed, not a single person had a look at one of the eggs - at least the eggs still had 1 click - I've cancelled the trade and also edited the trading-post on DC-forums. It depends on us, if trading on DC-forums works. (The more players use it, the more trades would work.) And I can't really understand why it seems most people don't want to use the trading-threads.

Maybe it is, because ... (and that is something what I understand on the  other hand) ... the EATW marketplace WAS ...and an own DC marketplace will be  much more overseeable, which in turn, makes us feel like it's easier to use and maybe it's really that way. And certainly many people at EATW were grateful, that they didn't have to go to different pages: the marketplace was very easy and quick to find and just the same easy to use. For my part, I found it very relieving, that you could directly integrate the pictures for the eggs into the posting by only clicking them.

In general, you could quickly and easily represent what you have and what you are looking for. In the event, DC doesn't want to implement a marketplace like EATW into the game, I would wish, that somebody else, maybe someone who already has a hatcherie, integrates such a marketplace into his hatcherie or just any DC player, having knowledge on this, starts such a project. However, in case DC itself is up to something like this, it would be good to know: Because, if one of us players starts a marketplace, before DC does, it could end up again as we already  know: of course, we DC players would  use the MP, that came up first and then the DC MP would lie idle again.

Edited by Leelith

I would love an in-game marketplace! I miss the EATW one so much. Trading on the Forum is a hassle, with overlong lists and signatures cluttering up the pages. And people only ever seem to browse the currently newest page, so other (older) offers get overlocked - and repeated again and again.

I could support (and use) something like this. I've never played Pokemon, so I don't understand those references tho. But something that is easy to set up with images ready to use would be very nice. I quit using the trading forums because there's no way to filter them and they are so unorganized it wasn't worth the time or effort you had to use to find anything. So filters are an absolute MUST have, or this wouldn't be worth it either.

I absolutely support this idea. I loved the Marketplace at EATW. Much simpler than using the forums. An ingame Marketplace would honestly be amazing. <3

I also support this. I loved trading on EATW and sometimes on the forum, it's hard to get seen or compete with those that are offering 2G Prizes or a bunch of CB metals or rares. 

The thing is that, in retrospect, not that many users use the forums. The Marketplace would either have to be in DC itself or on a hatchery lots of people use. I would like a Marketplace within DC itself, frankly. Especially if there was gifting (transfers) allowed on it also.

@Dorchet That's what's being suggested, that the Marketplace would be "ingame". As in built into DC itself instead of an outside source, such as the forums or a hatchery. :)

Oh, I know. I just like to imagine it could happen. Maybe, someday, it will?

^I believe it could be possible? I mean, there are a lot of users without forum accounts that, without EATW's Dragonmarket, now are unable to trade. And many users even with a forum account that would probably highly prefer the ease of trading within the site itself rather than the tedious posting on the forum.

Either that or another well known hatchery opens a Marketplace. I'm certainly hoping for one! I rather liked the easy to use and trade Dragonmarket, just for simplicity's sake.

I rarely used it but I did prefer it over forum trading in general (seemed faster, simpler, etc). I'm holding out hope that a hatchery might come out with another Marketplace like EATW's, if not DC itself.

The issue of having it within DC would be interscroll communication. Many of us hate the idea SO much.

Why would it require inter-scroll communication? At most all that you'd need is a few preformatted sentences that you can slot preselected words into (like breeds, gens, and lineage types), and those would stay within the marketplace, maybe be added to the trade page. Bonus: It'd be kind of hard to do good ol' Dark Souls message-style innuendo given the current dragon names and the sort of sentences needed for a marketplace.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and you don't want any on-site communication at all.

I don't actually.  XD

But you would effectively have to communicate scroll to scroll to tradel.

I absolutely support this suggestion, especially if it comes with some sort of filter as has been mentioned. I find it to be a bit of a hassle trading on the forum, messages can so quickly be buried and overlooked completely, and it just takes more time to look for relevant ones (even just using the built in browser search to look for mentions of specific dragons, because that can just as easily find mentions in signatures as in an actual message). 

And I agree with the "no communication" thing. For the "owner" of a trade to be able to attach a short message, sure (and then they could add their forum name if they wanted to be contacted), but I don't feel like automatically opening for discussions. Just have/want/optional short message and done would be excellent for me, no messaging back and forth scroll to scroll

Edited by Nimrodel

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't actually.  XD

Not really, unless you intend to do an IOU, which isn't actually part of trading on DC anyway. All you need is a "Have:" and "Want:", both of which can be expressed with egg/hatchling icons and a few pre-selected expresssions (EG, checker, PB, stair, spiral, SA offspring, [insert number here] gen, bloodswap, mate for [insert lineage link here], special lineage => name of lineage)

To add on to what Olympe posted, there was no real interaction in the EATW marketplace at all (unless you asked someone to contact you via PM). You essentially only see the trade link for the dragon in question along with whatever snippets of info happen to be needed to be able to trade.

39 minutes ago, olympe said:

Not really, unless you intend to do an IOU, which isn't actually part of trading on DC anyway. All you need is a "Have:" and "Want:", both of which can be expressed with egg/hatchling icons and a few pre-selected expresssions (EG, checker, PB, stair, spiral, SA offspring, [insert number here] gen, bloodswap, mate for [insert lineage link here], special lineage => name of lineage)

This is what I meant by that description, by the way.

There's no need for actual, like, messaging. It would operate like the EAtW marketplace, but with prefabricated phrases.

Actually - the only times I ever tried the one on EATW I never got any kind of response at all. Other times loads of the requests (I was happy to breed to fit) had been there for months and even if I bred - nothing happened. It wasn't perfect.

I wonder if something like TJ's take and leave page, except trading?

I also really miss eatw market-I hardly ever have much luck in the forum trades-everything gets buried too fast.

Edited by pixiezbite

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually - the only times I ever tried the one on EATW I never got any kind of response at all. Other times loads of the requests (I was happy to breed to fit) had been there for months and even if I bred - nothing happened. It wasn't perfect.

The forum is even worse for this in my experience. All methods will have dry periods, but so few people use the forum and even fewer actually see any given post that it's basically all dry spell all the time.

Edited by Guillotine

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't actually.  XD

That's why I usually don't like 'marketplace' type suggestions as well. But if this suggestion was modeled after the EATW marketplace that wouldn't be an issue, since there was no direct communication on there either. Essentially, you'd make a teleport link, post it to the marketplace using egg/hatchie images to show what you want in return (as well as possibly pre-selected messages that can't be free-written, like 'even gen only please' or whatever). People could offer on your teleport link that they see in the marketplace, just like they can offer on teleport links in trade threads with no direct communication. Then you can accept or reject the offer as usual. No direct communication needed. (At least, that's my basic understanding of this suggestion)