Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

11 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Could I request a red gemshard hatchie in a jar? Doesn't need my name on it or anything.... tis just TOO cute! :D

Ooh actually I have some spare time on my hands. Would you like your name to be on it? I can add it for you, or get you one with just the graphic (no text). 

@JavaTigress - I made you both versions: 

jarjt.png jarroseblank.png

Codes: 

Spoiler

Name: 

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=181380][img=https://minkfox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/jarjt.png][/url]

No name: 

Spoiler

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=181380][img=https://minkfox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/jarroseblank.png][/url]

Let me know which one you prefer and I'll give you the code for that! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

8 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

Hehe, they both do. I have this habit of using the term Royal Consort as a gender neutral one, but I suspect that I ought to be more explicit about it. Anyway, yes, as long as they're the right color, they gain favor for their clan. 

Awesome, I thought that might be the case but then under the favor points system for each clan, there isn't an adult female pictured so i thought it might be male only. Thanks for clarifying!

Just now, pretty_thumb said:

Awesome, I thought that might be the case but then under the favor points system for each clan, there isn't an adult female pictured so i thought it might be male only. Thanks for clarifying!

Ohh, yeah that's right. I'd better put the female there too. And just pop Concubine in as well, so it's clear. c: 

12 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

Ohh, yeah that's right. I'd better put the female there too. And just pop Concubine in as well, so it's clear. c: 

Also, do they have to have bred before they can be posted about?

Maybe this thread could be used for crochetting discussions :)

Hi btw and sorry to jump in on you out of nowhere! I'm not finished with reading the rules but i'm very intrigued. I like the possibility to unlock new things on the way a lot!! 😁

PS: and i love the gemshards in jars lol 

Cheers, 

Mow!

Edited by Mow

QUESTION! Does the hatchi in a jar thing count towards favor OR does it need to be more explicitly project related?

Second one, I think! :D

Edited by JavaTigress

1 hour ago, pretty_thumb said:

Also, do they have to have bred before they can be posted about?

I've been a little relaxed about this, so right now I've allowed them to be announced before they have been bred. So if you have the right genders and you're sure that Consort is going to be mated with an Imperial Harem offspring, that's cool. I will mull over this tonight though. Right now the project doesn't have that many members yet so I can afford to be more free and easy about things, but if it ever gets larger-scale (*fingers super crossed*), I might want to have firmer and more clear cut rules. 

I'll confirm this tomorrow, at the latest!  

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Maybe this thread could be used for crochetting discussions :)

Hi btw and sorry to jump in on you out of nowhere! I'm not finished with reading the rules but i'm very intrigued. I like the possibility to unlock new things on the way a lot!! 😁

PS: and i love the gemshards in jars lol 

Cheers, 

Mow!

Ooh, that's awesome. I will indeed check that thread out, thanks! And no worries at all, you're very welcome and I hope you do decide to join us!

1 hour ago, JavaTigress said:

QUESTION! Does the hatchi in a jar thing count towards favor OR does it need to be more explicitly project related?

Second one, I think! :D

As long as it links back to this project thread, it counts! 

I have earned Favor for my Clan!

Name: JavaTigress

Link to Scroll: Clicky, clicky!

Clan I belong to: Rose Clan

Favor No.: (refer to list) Number 5

Proof of Favor: (eg lineage of dragon(s), link to graphic donated, lineage of donated egg etc)  Look at my Siggie! XD

8 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Name: JavaTigress

Link to Scroll: Clicky, clicky!

Favor No.: (refer to list) Number 5

Proof of Favor: (eg lineage of dragon(s), link to graphic donated, lineage of donated egg etc)  Look at my Siggie! XD

Ooh awesome! I'm just heading out, but I've made note of your favor points earned in my excel sheet. Will update the thread once I have the time to! (: 

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for a CB Gemshard Mate

Name: Guillotine
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/InnocentGuillotine
Clan I belong to: Rose

The CB Gemshard Egg will be a mate for: [url=https://dragcave.net/lineage/2vKbb]Princess Fang Hua[/url]

Been hunting for a mate for her but the one Gemshard I've seen since I've had her was gone by the time I clicked it. >:U

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know what traditional Chinese clothing is called?

Edited by Guillotine

8 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

The CB Gemshard Egg will be a mate for: [url=https://dragcave.net/lineage/2vKbb]Princess Fang Hua[/url]

Been hunting for a mate for her but the one Gemshard I've seen since I've had her was gone by the time I clicked it. >:U

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know what traditional Chinese clothing is called?

As far as the Emperor goes, I believe one of the terms for his attire is the "longpao", which literally translates to "dragon robe" since the emperor was always symbolized as a dragon.

I'm not sure what the concubines' attire is called though. I usually refer to them as costumes (:p). I'll do some reading up tomorrow.

ETA: Oh,  and I'll add you to the wait list!

Edited by MinkishMinx

34 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

I don’t know if you’re looking for a certain color but I have an extra CB red gemshard hatchling that I’m willing to part with. I just precogged and it will be male

1 hour ago, Mak0 said:

I don’t know if you’re looking for a certain color but I have an extra CB red gemshard hatchling that I’m willing to part with. I just precogged and it will be male

I'll be glad to take it if you're willing to give it! I'm about to leave my computer, so it may take a couple hours before I grab it.

I love my little hatchie in a jar thank you so much. I'll nab it when I'm at the computer later today and I have a concubine to announce too since it's not just consorts

Quick question (I think this isis actually in the rules but I just want to make sure) since I'm Rose Clan do I need to announce my Consorts/Concubines since Jade and Sky gain points through them or does that not apply?

58 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

Quick question (I think this isis actually in the rules but I just want to make sure) since I'm Rose Clan do I need to announce my Consorts/Concubines since Jade and Sky gain points through them or does that not apply?

Rose Clan doesn’t. But I do have a question on this whole consort and concubine thing. Can you only announce a CB gemshard that has successfully bred with a prince or princess for favor points or is it just any CB that you give the naming convention too?

Edited by Mak0

I Pledge Loyalty to the Sky Clan 

Name: Peachycupcake525
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Peachycupcake525

I have an Imperial Breeding Pair: No 
I'd like to be added to the Wait List: Yes

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for a Heavenly Line Egg 
Name: Peachycupcake525
Link to Scroll: 
https://dragcave.net/user/Peachycupcake525
Clan I belong to: Sky

This sounds really interesting! My only CB gemshard happens to be blue. Would it be okay to write descriptions for these dragons about/including the lineage?

I have gifted an hatchling!

Name: Mak0
Link to Scroll: Scroll

Hatchling I gifted: Hatchling

CB or Lineaged? : CB

Name: Mak0

Link to Scroll: Scroll

Favor No.:  1B +4

Proof of Favor: Hatchling

On the subject of Consorts / Concubines

@Mak0 @pretty_thumb @Ninjakittee @Rekha-- I've been thinking about the issue of Concubines / Consorts (gonna just refer to them as Consorts for simplicity). I've debating about the announcement timing and when they would be favor points worthy. I think the reason why there has been so much uncertainty is because I was too laissez faire about it. I was trying not to be too stifling with the rules, but I think it ended up being too vague. 

This was my train of thought:

(I know this is wordy, but you're all part of the founding family of this project and I wanted to be transparent on the decision making process. Scroll down for a TL:DR version)

Possible Solution 1. Consorts can be announced and granted Favor Points once you decide which Imperial Harem dragon they will be mated with. They don't have to be bred to be announced (so you can announce even before the Imperial Harem dragon grows up). 

A consort isn't really a consort without someone to be a consort to. It's a dichotomous relationship / term. However, when a Prince / Princess takes a spouse, the Consort is still a consort regardless of whether he / she has reproduced. So it would seem that Consorts should count the moment you decide that they will be the mate for an Imperial Harem dragon. Pre-arranged marriages did happen in Ancient China, so as long as they are betrothed, the Imperial Harem dragon doesn't have to be an adult. 

However, it then occurred to me that until you attempt to breed the dragons, there is a chance of a rejection. What happens in that situation? Do favor points get revoked and the Consort stripped of his / her title? That would actually be a sadly accurate depiction of what would have happened in history, so this could be a story driven solution, albeit a rather unpleasant one. And it would still be a tad confusing for everyone, especially people who are new to the project. 

Possible Solution 2. Consorts can be announced and granted Favor Points only after a successful breeding attempt

Or we could take the easiest route and just fix everything where a Consort is only made a Consort when there's a successful breeding with an Imperial Harem mate. They don't have to produce an egg on the first breeding; as long as there isn't a rejection, that would be fine. This feels like a much simpler and clearer solution. 

===========================

Personally, I much prefer Solution 2 because I think in the long run, this would make things a lot easier and clear cut. So, unless there are really strong objections, I'm going to go with it. 

@Rekha - I granted favor points for your Concubine that has yet to mate with an Imperial Harem dragon (back in the free and easy / vague days
:P). Since I allowed that before the change in the rules, I'm just going to grandfather that in and allow the favor points to count. However, do ensure that the Concubine is mated with an Imperial Harem dragon! 

===========================

TL:DR

So, I thought it over and unless anyone strongly objects, I'm going to make the rule as such: 

Royal Consorts and Concubines can be announced and granted Favor Points only after a successful breeding attempt with an Imperial Harem dragon.

The Imperial Harem dragon is able to take multiple consorts / concubines; but once announced, the Consort must mate with his / her Imperial Harem dragon for life. 
(not the question asked, but I predict that this could be a follow-up question so I'm jumping the gun here.) 

Edited by MinkishMinx

I agree with possible solution 2. It’s makes sense and I feel makes everything much simpler. It also makes it more fair for the Rose Clan, who can’t claim consorts or concubines for favor points. If someone mass hoards CBs and names them appropriately they could just be rolling in favor points without getting all the fun of actually participating:lol:

And I also agree that that last bit would’ve been a question eventually. So just to make sure I have this right, a consort can only mate with one imperial dragon, it can’t take a second imperial dragon as a mate?

2 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

I agree with possible solution 2. It’s makes sense and I feel makes everything much simpler. It also makes it more fair for the Rose Clan, who can’t claim consorts or concubines for favor points. If someone mass hoards CBs and names them appropriately they could just be rolling in favor points without getting all the fun of actually participating:lol:

And I also agree that that last bit would’ve been a question eventually. So just to make sure I have this right, a consort can only mate with one imperial dragon, it can’t take a second imperial dragon as a mate?

Yup, that's right! I think in the royal court way back when, a Concubine mating with someone else other than her Royal spouse would be an act worthy of a beheading! :unsure: Everyone gets to keep their heads here, but yes, she wouldn't be able to take on a second imperial dragon mate. 

This will also be updated in the rules (pens it into to-do list). 

QE9_x-niY6MOAdomUZIAsgTH0zKSqGy08uKcAf391MRnlSEgpVtdvIKFlOAFHZ574-GE7r4mSi0OCRwKqlQ6VR1KZCdIUqUzTrrERtRjtGcsb5Tz00OPhd2SGJ9YwyCT0f42WtiU

The Sky Clan welcomes you, @Peachycupcake525

images.png

Welcome to the project, and welcome to the Sky Clan! I'll add you to the wait list. To answer your question, I'm not sure if there's any forum / Dragon Cave rule that prevents writing about a specific project in the dragon's descriptions. But I think as long as you don't explicitly mention Imperial Harem as a lineage project, you can write a fitting description / background story based on their part in this project. 

I hope you have fun! (: 

@MinkishMinx oh one more thing, I noticed that ninjakittee wasn’t added to Rose Clans member list. I’m not sure if you realized or not so I just thought I’d mention it. I know you have a ton of updating you consistently do throughout the day!