Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

@pretty_thumb Ooh yup, I should be able to do that for you. (: I'm having the nastiest sorethroat, so anything that can keep my mind off it is very welcome. Will update this post once I'm done! 

EDIT: 

Here you go! 

sigpt.png 

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=181380][img=https://minkfox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/sigpt.png][/url]

And I'm sorry to hear that your hatchie miscolored! Although I do know of a certain neighboring clan that would be just a touch gleeful about it. :ph34r: 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Oooh? What color? IF it turned red am I allowed to adopt it? GIVEN that I don't have any lineage dragons yet?

Edited by JavaTigress

@MinkishMinx Ahh, i love it! I'm sorry to hear about your sore throat :( And unfortunately that's the war of the concubines - I'm sure I'll get a blue eventually!

@JavaTigress  unfortunately the hatchling is green but I'm interested to know the answer to that question as well. ^_^

2 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

@MinkishMinx Ahh, i love it! I'm sorry to hear about your sore throat :( And unfortunately that's the war of the concubines - I'm sure I'll get a blue eventually!

@JavaTigress  unfortunately the hatchling is green but I'm interested to know the answer to that question as well. ^_^

*Nods* I am sure that one of our Jade clan members might be willing to give the little one a home... again, I F it isn't against the rules.

@pretty_thumb & @JavaTigress

I think I had a line about this in the original version of the project but after doing some edits here and there, it got deleted. I'll add some information about this to the main posts, thanks for pointing it out! 

As long as you've joined a clan, you can get an Imperial Harem egg / hatchie from any one who's also involved in the project. You don't have to already own an egg from one of the Heavenly Pairs. So if pretty_thumb had wanted to adopt out her hatchie to JavaTigress, it would be completely pretty's call to make since she's the owner! 

Update: 

Added that piece of information to the main post as well as the FAQ section. Good catch! (: 

Edited by MinkishMinx

6 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

@pretty_thumb & @JavaTigress

I think I had a line about this in the original version of the project but after doing some edits here and there, it got deleted. I'll add some information about this to the main posts, thanks for pointing it out! 

As long as you've joined a clan, you can get an Imperial Harem egg / hatchie from any one who's also involved in the project. You don't have to already own an egg from one of the Heavenly Pairs. So if pretty_thumb had wanted to adopt out her hatchie to JavaTigress, it would be completely pretty's call to make since she's the owner! 

Thanks for the heads up!

I just updated the FAQ section. Since this information is related to what JavaTigress and pretty_thumb were discussing, I decided to cross post the Q&A here as well. 

Click on "Reveal Hidden Content" to read the answers! (I just discovered how to make use of the spoilers function and it's so helpful with dealing with a wall of text.)

Q. I just joined a clan and don't have a Heavenly Line egg yet because it's not my turn on the wait list. Can I adopt an egg or hatchie from another person in the project right now? 

Spoiler

As long as the both of you belong to a Clan, you are already a part of the project! So yes, you can adopt an egg / hatchie from another breeder in the project as long as they are willing to adopt it out to you! 

Sometimes the wait for a Heavenly Line egg is a little long, so another option to start your lineage is to request an egg from breeders who already have their own existing lines. There's a separate wait list for that, so feel free to fill in a form for that! Chances are that you might get an Imperial Harem egg more quickly that way! 

Q. If I adopt out an egg / hatchie to someone of a different clan, how will the favor points work? Does my clan still get points? 

Spoiler

Favor points will be awarded according to the breeder's clan. In other words, the "value" of the offspring will be calculated according to that Clan's favor point system. 

For example, Jane Doe from the Sky Clan breeds an egg that hatches into a male green hatchie. She decides to adopt him out to John Doe from the Jade Clan. The value of the green hatchie will still be calculated according to the Sky Clan's Favor Point system which values male green gemshards at 1 point for the Jade Clan (instead of the Jade Clan's Favor Point system which awards 5 points for male green gemshards). 

In this scenario, the Jade Clan will gain 1 Favor Point, and the Sky Clan gains 3 Favor Points (for donating the lineaged hatchie, according to Favor #2). 

Once John Doe's new green hatchies grows up, any offspring from him and his new CB mate will belong to the Jade Clan and points will be allocated according to the Jade Clan's favor point system. 

^_^ Great job updating and explaining the new bits of information, @MinkishMinx! It makes perfect sense and seems fair from my standpoint. Plus it encourages us to trade out miscolored/gendered hatchies and keeps everyone from having to wait too long for breeding! Perfect!

Thanks again for the graphic <3 I love how it looks in my signature.

8 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

^_^ Great job updating and explaining the new bits of information, @MinkishMinx! It makes perfect sense and seems fair from my standpoint. Plus it encourages us to trade out miscolored/gendered hatchies and keeps everyone from having to wait too long for breeding! Perfect!

Thanks again for the graphic <3 I love how it looks in my signature.

Yes, thanks for clarifying!

OT, but does anyone have an available pink male they could use to influence a special egg for me? I would definitely be willing to catch something pretty for you in favor of the kind deed. :) I can never seem to get my hands on a male pink but I just can't let this lil guy misgender 

17 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

OT, but does anyone have an available pink male they could use to influence a special egg for me? I would definitely be willing to catch something pretty for you in favor of the kind deed. :) I can never seem to get my hands on a male pink but I just can't let this lil guy misgender 

I’ll message you, I’d be happy to help:)

Awww I missed such pretty little signatures. Very nice I'll have to change mine once I'm on the computer

@MinkishMinx - quick question: if a user’s egg hatches into the wrong color (doesn’t match their clan’s color) and theoretically they wanted to keep the miscolored baby, how is future favor calculated?

for example: Jane Doe of the sky clan hatches a male red hatchling and decides to keep it. The favor for this hatchling is calculated using the Sky clan’s favor system.

Now, Jane Doe wants to breed her fully grown, miscolored Dragon to continue the lineage. Does that dragon’s offspring still calculate using the Sky clan’s favor system since Jane Doe bred the egg? Or does it use the Rose clan’s favor system because the imperial non-CB Dragon was red?

I’m assuming everything is calculated by using the breeder’s clan similar to the above question on gifting hatchlings to other clans, but I just wanted to double check...

—————

Also, I like the new signature graphics! I’ll probably switch to one of those when I’m not on a mobile device.

I would also be happy to influence eggs for fellow members... I have plenty of pinks! :)

Edited by Kigyptnee

13 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

@MinkishMinx - quick question: if a user’s egg hatches into the wrong color (doesn’t match their clan’s color) and theoretically they wanted to keep the miscolored baby, how is future favor calculated?

for example: Jane Doe of the sky clan hatches a male red hatchling and decides to keep it. The favor for this hatchling is calculated using the Sky clan’s favor system.

Now, Jane Doe wants to breed her fully grown, miscolored Dragon to continue the lineage. Does that dragon’s offspring still calculate using the Sky clan’s favor system since Jane Doe bred the egg? Or does it use the Rose clan’s favor system because the imperial non-CB Dragon was red?

I’m assuming everything is calculated by using the breeder’s clan similar to the above question on gifting hatchlings to other clans, but I just wanted to double check...

—————

Also, I like the new signature graphics! I’ll probably switch to one of those when I’m not on a mobile device.

I would also be happy to influence eggs for fellow members... I have plenty of pinks! :)

Determining who gets favor depends on the color of the dragon, no matter who initially got the favor from the parenting dragon. So all red dragons earn favor for Rose Clan, all green for Jade Clan and so on and so forth no matter the parents color. So you can keep all miscolored dragons and still get favors from their offspring for your clan if they color correctly! 

I know I’m not MinkishMinx but I hope I answered your question and explained it well enough!

I want to join! But maybe a little later. I love Gemshards.

Also, Concubine isn't considered naughty language is it? I don't think it is but not sure

@Mak0 - Thank you for your quick response! :D However, I’m more curious on which favor system the future offspring from the miscolored dragon would use than the color of the offspring itself... :unsure:

@Kigyptnee Okay I see what you’re asking, I think all offspring, even if your initial dragon does miscolor the first time, still get scored by your clans favor point system. So all gemshards you own get scored by your clans point system.

Edited by Mak0

Yes I believe that all gemshards you own earn scores based on your clans point system for the clans that they colored for.

Yes sorry! Totally misunderstood the first time! That’s my bad so I hope the second go around was a little better! 

Ooh so many posts. Sorry I'm late to the party, time zone differences dictated that I was in bed. :lol:

1 hour ago, Mak0 said:

@Kigyptnee Okay I see what you’re asking, I think all offspring, even if your initial dragon does miscolor the first time, still get scored by your clans favor point system. So all gemshards you own get scored by your clans point system.

54 minutes ago, Rekha said:

Yes I believe that all gemshards you own earn scores based on your clans point system for the clans that they colored for.

This is correct! As long as the gemshard hatched on your scroll, its score will be calculated based on your clan's point system. 

2 hours ago, Kigyptnee said:

So yes, the points of all future offspring that Jane Doe keeps will be calculated according to her own clan's favor system. 

I know it can get a bit complex especially at the beginning, but I'm glad to see that everyone more or less has gotten the hang of things. My mind works in convoluted ways, sometimes, so if things ever get too complicated, please let me know! 

2 hours ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I want to join! But maybe a little later. I love Gemshards.

Also, Concubine isn't considered naughty language is it? I don't think it is but not sure

Awesome, we'd love to have you! I believe Concubine is used as a legitimate title in Ancient China history texts and that's the context in which it's being used in this project as well. In any case, this project was approved by @purpledragonclaw (our friendly, lovely mod) so I believe it's fine. But I'll double check, just in case!  

5 hours ago, Rekha said:

Awww I missed such pretty little signatures. Very nice I'll have to change mine once I'm on the computer

Here you go! Code is in the spoiler tag. 

sigrek.png

Spoiler

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=181380][img=https://minkfox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/sigrek.png][/url]

Edited by MinkishMinx

Oh my goodness thank you so much I love it! -goes to edit her signature- Thank you again!

PS I think I saw somewhere that Concubines and Consorts were worth something as well?

19 minutes ago, Rekha said:

Oh my goodness thank you so much I love it! -goes to edit her signature- Thank you again!

PS I think I saw somewhere that Concubines and Consorts were worth something as well?

You're very welcome! (: 

With regards to the CB mates (concubines and consorts), it depends on the clan. It's listed in each clan's individual Favor Points system, but for the sake of clarity, here's a consolidated version: 

Jade Clan - CB Green Gemshard Royal Consort : + 2 points to the Jade clan 

Sky Clan - CB Blue Gemshard Royal Consort: + 1 point to the Sky clan 

Rose Clan - This is where it gets different. Instead of favor points, the color of the Consort give an advantage. The Rose clan will always claim the credit for sons as long as the offspring produced is red OR of the same color as the CB mate.  Think of it as a little safety net. 

For eg, a
male blue offspring from the Rose Clan should have given the Sky Clan 1 point. However, if Jane Doe had picked a CB Blue Gemshard as a Royal Consort, the Rose Clan uses their "Cunning" trait and point goes to the Rose Clan instead (leaving none for the Sky Clan). 

Edited by MinkishMinx