Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

@Minkerbell So I was looking over the Clan Favour systems again just because I like to make sure I know them (heh), but I was wondering: initially, Rose daughters born to members of Sky or Jade were worth nothing because Rose Clan pretended not to value them at all. With Irresistible unlocked, our daughters gain extra points from Red CB mates (though this seems to fit in better with our other trait, since that gives us points for males if they match their CB mate), but that's because Rose officiallly admitted their daughters' worth. So I know for balancing it might be a bit messy to implement that, but lorewise it seems strange that Rose daughters still earn no points in other clans.

A Royal Offspring has grown up! 
Name: HeDy
Link to Scroll: link
Clan I belong to:
Sky Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Stochia Wengzi
Lineage: Uymcc
Color: blue

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on?: mine
Favor Points: +3 Sky Clan

A Royal Offspring has taken a mate!
Clan I belong to:
Sky Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Stochia Wengzi
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): Ewada Fei
Lineage Code of CB Mate: Z4VFs
Color: blue

Favor Points: +1 Sky Clan

I need help catching an autoabandoned egg!

Code of the egg: 7QSSu

So I was checking these guys as they just grew up and since I haven't been egglocked in a long while but now with the new release... So I bred them, and the egg auto'd. So, if you come across this egg in the AP, I would love to get it back! I'll probably change the parents' names to ask to return it in a while, but the ones above are their official names. 

Edited by hedy

Name: Peachycupcake525
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Peachycupcake525
Clan I belong to: Sky

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Prince Xue Jun
Lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/MiVMK
Color: Blue

Whose scroll did the egg hatch in? : Oxuna

Favor Points: +2 to Sky

4 hours ago, Ninjakittee said:

@Minkerbell So I was looking over the Clan Favour systems again just because I like to make sure I know them (heh), but I was wondering: initially, Rose daughters born to members of Sky or Jade were worth nothing because Rose Clan pretended not to value them at all. With Irresistible unlocked, our daughters gain extra points from Red CB mates (though this seems to fit in better with our other trait, since that gives us points for males if they match their CB mate), but that's because Rose officiallly admitted their daughters' worth. So I know for balancing it might be a bit messy to implement that, but lorewise it seems strange that Rose daughters still earn no points in other clans.

I'd been wondering that myself. But I'd definitely understand not re-examining (and possibly re-working) the issue until after the Battle is over.

Name: catstaff
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff
Clan I belong to: Rose Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Tian Lanyue Gongzhu
Lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/LlpHu
Color: blue

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on? : mine

Favor Points: +1 to Sky Clan

I have earned Favor for my Clan!

Name: catstaff

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff

Clan I belong to: Rose Clan

#3. I own __75__ correctly named Dragons (fill in the number)
Points earned: +10 points to Rose Clan

Names / Lineage code of Dragons: 
Name | Lineage Code (or you can link to the dragon's lineage page) 
66. Hua Qiongdie Gongzhu
67. Hua Zhuying Gongzhu
68. Yu Diaoning Gongzhu
69. Tian Minmao Gongzhu
70. Tian Gengang Wangzi

71. Tian Lanyue Gongzhu

72. Hua Lingmei Gongzhu

73. Tian Lanxian Guifei

74. Yu Anling Guifei

75. Yu Chunwei Gongzhu

Clan I belong to: 
Sky Clan

#3. I own 20 correctly named Dragons (fill in the number)
Points earned: +4 Sky Clan

Group link

@Mow I offered. 

A Royal Offspring has been born! 
Name: OutlawQueen
Link to Scroll: 
https://dragcave.net/user/OutlawQueen
Lineage of Egg: 
(IjL5I)

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/OutlawQueen

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: 
Wudaojia Xing Jian Hua
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): Yinyuejia Thormyr Yu
Lineage Code of CB Mate: VnqE4
Color: Green

Favor Points: 0

#6 - I have bred a 3rd Generation Offspring

Name: (egg) 
Lineage Code of Dragon: 
(IjL5I)
Generation: 3rd

Points earned: +2 to Sky

I would like to become a breeder! 
PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/messenger/compose/?to=226479

Clan I am from: Sky
Will I breed for someone of a different clan? : Yes

Personal Hall Post Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181380-imperial-harem-war-of-the-concubines-the-battle-continues-new-clan-estate-upgrades-easter-raffle-has-begun/?do=findComment&comment=9665881

Edited by OutlawQueen

Updated the Google Doc to the bottom of page 101 (Kigyptnee's post!) Sorry, I've been swamped with work lately. Will catch up and answer the questions posted and complete the remaining updates (will update the main posts when I'm fully caught up) when I get back later and have more time on my hands. 

Edited by Minkerbell

@Ninjakittee

"- The beauty of the Rose Clan daughters has reached the level of myth and legends. The Rose Clan now admits their value of daughters to the world. 
- Not only do sons earn more honor, Rose Clan daughters are now valued as much as sons. "

I always just assumed the jade doesn't earn points from rose clan's daughters because, although rose clan's daughters are valued, the jade values its daughters more. Therefore, if we valued offspring from rose clan offspring, we'd also have to up the points earned from a jade daughter, taking in the idea that it values its own jade babies the most. Lore-wise, i imagine it as a slew of politics for a jade clan member to be married to a rose clan member, considering that the rose clan coerces the jade clan into marriage, but the jade clan uses this instead to take as a tribute from the rose clan. Really messy.

"- While the Jade clan treasures their own daughters, female offspring from the other clans are not treated as kindly. The Jade clan coerces tribute from the other clans to keep their daughters safe. 

And on an ooc perspective, I think it's game-breaking for one clan to continually lose points for getting an offspring of any color from another clan, because then the only way for it to keep getting points is to breed an offspring of its own color, which is extremely disadvantageous only because it's something no one can control. Not sure if it's the point-taking or the point-earning, though, but we definitely earn points from red daughters. 

Edited by esse

4 minutes ago, esse said:

@Ninjakittee

"- The beauty of the Rose Clan daughters has reached the level of myth and legends. The Rose Clan now admits their value of daughters to the world. 
- Not only do sons earn more honor, Rose Clan daughters are now valued as much as sons. "

I always just assumed the jade doesn't earn points from rose clan's daughters because, although rose clan's daughters are valued, the jade values its daughters more. Therefore, if we valued offspring from rose clan offspring, we'd also have to up the points earned from a jade daughter, taking in the idea that it values its own jade babies the most. Lore-wise, i imagine it as a slew of politics for a jade clan member to be married to a rose clan member, considering that the rose clan coerces the jade clan into marriage, but the jade clan uses this instead to take as a tribute from the rose clan. Really messy.

"- While the Jade clan treasures their own daughters, female offspring from the other clans are not treated as kindly. The Jade clan coerces tribute from the other clans to keep their daughters safe. 

And on an ooc perspective, I think it's game-breaking for one clan to continually lose points for getting an offspring of any color from another clan, because then the only way for it to keep getting points is to breed an offspring of its own color, which is extremely disadvantageous only because it's something no one can control. Not sure if it's the point-taking or the point-earning, though, but we definitely earn points from red daughters. 

Okay, this argument makes a lot of sense, but Jade's power lies less in being able to steal points (a la Rose) or absorb hits by sneaking points through miscolours (a la Sky) and more because Jade gets to actively deduct points from other clans. I honestly don't have a better balancing solution right now, and I do like the mess of politics you conjured up there, it just seems a little odd. Your quote from Jade is about being able to deduct points from other Clans, which would make sense if a Jade member ends up with a Rose daughter (by all accounts an incredibly valuable asset to have) that no points go either way, because Jade has coerced the Rose girl's value for themselves, but at the moment Rose daughters are worthless outside of their own clan because of Rose pretending not to value them.

Obviously, I wouldn't advocate changing anything about Favour midway through a battle, but I think it goes in the same line as Sky Clan being a little under powered. This battle's bonus hugely favours Rose Clan getting red daughters, which I think is why we've been able to sort of keep up with Jade when Sky hasn't, but given that this battle bonus is a bit Rose biased (which is okay, since Mink said that other Battles will have different bonuses that bias towards other Clans), the fact Jade is still demolishing us is... odd. It could just be that the Jade members are more active, or that Jade has gotten really lucky, or both. (Looking at you, esse - you're a machine, it's amazing).

That said, it would completely ruin Jade if you could only gain points from correctly coloured offspring, and other Clans' miscolours, but you're also the only Clan who can actually reduce the score of other Clans. It's definitely a tricky beast, balance wise. I'm glad I'm not Mink haha

@Ninjakittee - I really wouldn't look at this battle as a solid indicator for how the point system fares, really. Most of my points have, at the point, been obtained from generation bonuses rather than hatch bonuses. If our points were to be counted only for the hatching aspect, I think this would be in Rose's favor for sure, considering rose has a lot of active breeders that I'm sure both jade and sky find difficult to compensate with. Both rose and jade has the ability to deduct points from other clans, but unlike sky and rose, we take a huge risk in hatching males, since the points go to either rose or sky if it doesn't color correctly. I'm not sure about the other members, but I've personally been looking towards methods to earn jade points outside of hatching to ensure a risk-free method of earning jade points, because most of my lines are male-centric and RNG hasn't been favoring greens on my scroll until last week. 

And, inasmuch as I dislike pointing this out, I think it's really hard to say the system is unbalanced simply due to this battle, considering we have different strategies in play, as well as differing amounts of activity spread out among the other clans, and scroll slots reserved for the project. I find it weird that sky isn't winning, if I have to be completely honest. Their point system seems to be self-sufficient, if any. Unlike us who rely on RNG whether we get deductions, sky gets to earn points from male rose and jade babies. I admit their point-giving ability towards other clans is too much, though. I'm kind of wondering why sky's opportunistic only merits jade and not rose, though... Wouldn't it have been better to be both or nothing? Weird.  

To be honest, I think the points system is nice as is. Jade is massively sexist and earning points has fair stakes, the only thing we get to control is our concubines. Rose gets to the power to deduct from other clans by controlling mates and hoping for a bit of RNG favor. Sky, well, earns from everyone. I think sky would be pretty scary if they were really active or if its members weren't so scattered between this and the courts intrigue, haha.  

(And, preach, I'm really happy not having to worry about these :P

I think one of our big problems is just inactivity. I'm kind of busy with life and other dragon cave stuff, and I'm also very forgetful. If we were more active, we would probably be doing better.

Alright, all points earned before this post have been tabulated and added to the Google Doc! I've also updated all the main posts. 

With Regards to Clan Favor System Balancing: 

It's a lengthy discussion, so I tucked all the compiled comments as well as my responses under the cut: 

Spoiler
On 26/03/2018 at 9:33 AM, OutlawQueen said:

@Minkerbell In the Sky clan traits, it says that they can turn a bad situation into a win, is it possible to hope that we might somehow prevail in the battle even though our points are low? or would that be considered unfair?

Unfortunately, Sky Clan is trailing a bit too far behind this round to earn a sudden victory! I'm thinking of adding some additional prizes though (maybe) so Sky Clan won't be leaving empty handed. 

On 26/03/2018 at 5:09 PM, Ninjakittee said:

You're right, and I actually brought this up to my Clan Leaders in our private discussion thread. I will be addressing the value of Rose daughters across the clans systems soon. The changes will be finalized and implemented next month. I agree that Rose daughters should no longer be worth 0 points across all the clans and I will rectify this when I can. 

7 hours ago, esse said:

@Ninjakittee

Esse has a point (btw, *Boop*); I do think that it would not be in Jade Clan's characteristics to place an outright higher value on Rose daughters. It would be admitting that someone without Royal blood is better, and these Royals are not going to have that at all. In fact.. (and this is going to be a very unpopular notion with the Roses :ph34r:) I would think having known the true value of Rose daughters, it's more likely that Jade would place a higher levy on Rose girls (!!), whether it's out of jealousy / being threatened / trying to undermind Rose's power / all of the above.

This thought actually just popped into my head at the time of writing, so I haven't had the time to really think this through. I'll keep this in mind when working to rebalance the clans. (Before you hate me, Roses, I promise that it won't be anything too bad). 

7 hours ago, Ninjakittee said:

Okay, this argument makes a lot of sense, but Jade's power lies less in being able to steal points (a la Rose) or absorb hits by sneaking points through miscolours (a la Sky) and more because Jade gets to actively deduct points from other clans. I honestly don't have a better balancing solution right now, and I do like the mess of politics you conjured up there, it just seems a little odd. Your quote from Jade is about being able to deduct points from other Clans, which would make sense if a Jade member ends up with a Rose daughter (by all accounts an incredibly valuable asset to have) that no points go either way, because Jade has coerced the Rose girl's value for themselves, but at the moment Rose daughters are worthless outside of their own clan because of Rose pretending not to value them.

Obviously, I wouldn't advocate changing anything about Favour midway through a battle, but I think it goes in the same line as Sky Clan being a little under powered. This battle's bonus hugely favours Rose Clan getting red daughters, which I think is why we've been able to sort of keep up with Jade when Sky hasn't, but given that this battle bonus is a bit Rose biased (which is okay, since Mink said that other Battles will have different bonuses that bias towards other Clans), the fact Jade is still demolishing us is... odd. It could just be that the Jade members are more active, or that Jade has gotten really lucky, or both. (Looking at you, esse - you're a machine, it's amazing).

That said, it would completely ruin Jade if you could only gain points from correctly coloured offspring, and other Clans' miscolours, but you're also the only Clan who can actually reduce the score of other Clans. It's definitely a tricky beast, balance wise. I'm glad I'm not Mink haha

7 hours ago, esse said:

@Ninjakittee - I really wouldn't look at this battle as a solid indicator for how the point system fares, really. Most of my points have, at the point, been obtained from generation bonuses rather than hatch bonuses. If our points were to be counted only for the hatching aspect, I think this would be in Rose's favor for sure, considering rose has a lot of active breeders that I'm sure both jade and sky find difficult to compensate with. Both rose and jade has the ability to deduct points from other clans, but unlike sky and rose, we take a huge risk in hatching males, since the points go to either rose or sky if it doesn't color correctly. I'm not sure about the other members, but I've personally been looking towards methods to earn jade points outside of hatching to ensure a risk-free method of earning jade points, because most of my lines are male-centric and RNG hasn't been favoring greens on my scroll until last week. 

And, inasmuch as I dislike pointing this out, I think it's really hard to say the system is unbalanced simply due to this battle, considering we have different strategies in play, as well as differing amounts of activity spread out among the other clans, and scroll slots reserved for the project. I find it weird that sky isn't winning, if I have to be completely honest. Their point system seems to be self-sufficient, if any. Unlike us who rely on RNG whether we get deductions, sky gets to earn points from male rose and jade babies. I admit their point-giving ability towards other clans is too much, though. I'm kind of wondering why sky's opportunistic only merits jade and not rose, though... Wouldn't it have been better to be both or nothing? Weird.  

To be honest, I think the points system is nice as is. Jade is massively sexist and earning points has fair stakes, the only thing we get to control is our concubines. Rose gets to the power to deduct from other clans by controlling mates and hoping for a bit of RNG favor. Sky, well, earns from everyone. I think sky would be pretty scary if they were really active or if its members weren't so scattered between this and the courts intrigue, haha.  

(And, preach, I'm really happy not having to worry about these :P

Replying to both these posts in conjunction because they address quite similar points. 

I agree with Esse that this Battle's victory is not solely from the Clan's Favor Points system alone. I would agree that it is definitely more advantageous for Rose and Jade (after all, Jade does get a cool 20 points for all their sons). But, a great deal of points are coming from General Favor Points as well such as Generation Milestones (the biggest culprit which I will be looking at when making changes).

Also, while Jade and Rose have some majorly active players in this battle who wield strategy very well, Sky's members are less active in comparison this month. If there was a Sky counterpart who strategized using General Favor earning means the same way that Esse and Catstaff have, I think Sky would have given the other 2 clans a run for their money. A lot of it also stems from plain RNG because Jade and Rose have been hideously lucky with their correctly colored & gendered offspring. 

Having said that, there's no denying that Sky Clan does require a bit of buffing and I already have some clear plans about how I'm going to go about doing that. 

I'd like to thank everyone for your feedback about the current Clan Favor Systems! These discussions really help me a lot because they give me a lot of clarity. I will admit that the Clan Favor Systems are not as balanced as they could be at the moment, and I do apologize for that. But we're still a young project (I know it's a little hard to believe given our HUGE amount of activity, but Imperial Harem is only about 3 months old). This is my first time attempting to host a project which runs quite a bit like a game in its own right, and games always require constant rebalancing and testing. So, thank you so much for helping me to improve Imperial Harem! 

Once the Battle is over, I will launch the Spring Event and then, I will take some time to look into re-working the Favor Systems for each Clan. I must say that I will not get it right immediately (there is the smallest chance, me being me, that I might actually make things WORSE at first), but one thing's for sure. I will not stop trying to make Imperial Harem as good as it can be. :wub:

So, mushy as it sounds, thank you all for bearing with me and sticking with Imperial Harem through the ups and downs! 

images.png

I now am going to crawl into bed with a major migraine (not caused by Imperial Harem LOL). I'll have more updates tomorrow when I can! Also, apologies to all on the Marketplace wait list. My desktop is back and working again so I'm hoping to get your updated Welcome graphics to you by this weekend (hopefully sooner!). 

Edited by Minkerbell

Question! Is a member allowed to have more than one story line if they wish?( I just notice cus the way It was posted makes it look like while I have only one, I COULD have moreIF I wished ( Don't know that I do just asking out of curiosty)

1 minute ago, JavaTigress said:

Question! Is a member allowed to have more than one story line if they wish?( I just notice cus the way It was posted makes it look like while I have only one, I COULD have moreIF I wished ( Don't know that I do just asking out of curiosty)

Yes, you can definitely have more than 1! 

Each new Story Couple is worth 3 pointsCorrectly colored offspring from these lines are worth 1 point (regardless of gender): ie, the color of the Story offspringshould be the same color as the Clan of his / her final owner (aka the person whose scroll the offspring grows up on).

I haven't set a maximum number of Story Lines each member can have, and I don't really think that I plan to. So, go crazy! :lol:

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for a Jade Hall Honored Line Egg

Name: Kelkelen

Generation of Egg: Second, if possible

@Rekha -- Thank you!  :-D  (I'd like to eventually have one dragon from each Heavenly, Sacred, and Honored Line!  But the first two will take quite a while, yet!)

Edited by Kelkelen

Link to Scroll: 
https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff
Lineage of Egg: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/wydXw

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff

#6 - I have bred a __10th__ Generation Offspring (fill in the generation) 

Name:
Lineage Code of Dragon: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/wydXw
Generation: 10th

Points earned: +10 points to Rose Clan

Some Royal Offspring have grown up! 
Name: catstaff
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff
Clan I belong to: Rose Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Tian Gengang Wangzi and Tian Minmao Gongzhu
Lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/WwiQo and https://dragcave.net/lineage/fsHhc
Color: blue and blue

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on? : mine and mine

Favor Points: +1 to Rose Clan (stolen from Sky) and +1 to Sky Clan

19 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

Thank you!  :-D  (I'd like to eventually have one dragon from each Heavenly, Sacred, and Honored Line!  But the first two will take quite a while, yet!)

Helping you tag @Rekha regarding this. She has been in rather poor health lately, so I think there might be a bit of a delay before she's able to breed you an Honored Line offspring. 

------

And now I'm really off for the night! (Stupid migraine). I'll catch up on all updates tomorrow! 

10 minutes ago, Minkerbell said:

Helping you tag @Rekha regarding this. She has been in rather poor health lately, so I think there might be a bit of a delay before she's able to breed you an Honored Line offspring. 

------

And now I'm really off for the night! (Stupid migraine). I'll catch up on all updates tomorrow! 

Thank you!  For all your hard work on the whole project, too.  ;-)  I hope @Rekha feels better, soon!!  And the same for you!  Wishing you good health and a head without pain.

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

@Rekha -- Thank you!  :-D  (I'd like to eventually have one dragon from each Heavenly, Sacred, and Honored Line!  But the first two will take quite a while, yet!)

I presume not 2Gs from some of the Sacredand Heavenlies tho.... AFAIK ONLY Rose clanners can request 2g from the Peony couple, for instance. AND you will get an egg from the form of the heavenly EMperor and Concubine that is suitable to your clan, also. ( IF I am wrong about this, I hope @Minkerbell will correct me on it.) Still, I would LIKE to try for a Sacred 2g again.... hoping for a Rose red Prince, this time. Same on my 2d Gen miko ( Though the pretty greens from both THOSE lines  I got will make a good pair themselves, I feel, One day ( looking forward to when the scholar is unlocked for Rose)) As you say... could take a while.

Edited by JavaTigress

Oh hecking.... I just realised I haven't even been claiming generational bonuses. Ninkit you fool! Ah well, at least I won't forget now haha

Oh! @Minkerbell for when you wake up - are we allowed to have our own naming conventions for our Story Couples?

(Also, the author in me loves the idea of Jade taxing Rose daughters harder since they're so valuable, but the Rose in me wants to die)

I'd like to Announce a Story Couple!

Name: Ninjakittee

Clan: Rose

Link to Personal Hall Post: The Imperial Temple

Additional Information about your couple: Jei and Azir are now open for business! As always, I'm going to have to reserve their first egg for myself, but their waitlist is operational! Gotta love the little Rainbows :wub:

Edited by Ninjakittee

Name: Mochi
Link to Scroll: Here
Clan I belong to:
Jade

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Jingyiwei Cai Yu
Lineage: hLnTp
Color: Green

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on? : Mine

Favor Points: + 5 points to the Jade Clan

@Kelkelen I can breed you a 3G from the Honored Line if you like

Actually I suppose I should make it official (was going to wait until I had a sacred or heavenly egg before I started but eh XD) 

I would like to become a breeder! 
Name: Mochi
Link to Scroll: Here

PM Link: PM Here

Clan I am from: Jade
Will I breed for someone of a different clan? : Yes

Personal Hall Post Link: Hall

Name: OutlawQueen

Clan I belong to:  Sky Clan

#3. I own 5 correctly named Dragons (fill in the number)
Points earned: +1 to sky 

1. Gege Cai Jing Yu | https://dragcave.net/lineage/9tdQl
Yinyuejia Thormyr Yu | https://dragcave.net/lineage/VnqE4
3. E'fu Hranmodr Yu | https://dragcave.net/lineage/hD9MM
4. Gongzhu Lin Yen Tian | https://dragcave.net/lineage/HYRvy
5. Wudaojia Xing Jian Hua | https://dragcave.net/lineage/CxqxC

Link to Scroll: 
https://dragcave.net/user/OutlawQueen
Clan I belong to: Sky Clan
Lineage of Egg: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/z89vc

Name: OutlawQueen

Clan I belong to:  Sky Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Gongzhu Lin Yen Tian
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): E'fu Hranmodr Yu
Lineage Code of CB Mate: hD9MM
Color: Green

Favor Points: 0

11 minutes ago, Mochi said:

@Kelkelen I can breed you a 3G from the Honored Line if you like

Oooh!  That would be super nice of you!  I would love that, yes, thanks.  Any idea when you can breed it?  Just to know when to keep an egg slot open for the behbeh.  :-)