saarkin

Add CB detail to the breeding page

I would love to be able to see which of my dragons are CB and which are not when I select BREED and it shows all the options for breedable dragons.  This could be easily achieved by adding a column that indicates which are CB.  Either by adding a CB or by adding an Asterix.  There is plenty of room on the breeding page to add a column and it would greatly reducing the need to click back and forth or to have multiple windows going at once.

Or add a link to the lineage of each dragon if it has one (and nothing if it's caveborn)?

I wonder if this could be accomplished through the often-asked-for breed filter, so you could just filter to show all the CB dragons.

That would be perfect! It could be just a little symbol on the breeding page next to the name

Dang, i could rename all my dragons then and take that damn 'CB' out i need for breeding!

150% support from me

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

I wonder if this could be accomplished through the often-asked-for breed filter, so you could just filter to show all the CB dragons.

This was my first thought as well. I not only need to know CB, but also what gen and whether they're EG or not.

I still thinks tags would be more helpful here because they're so much more customizable - and thus, versatile. So we can add tags like CB/generation, kind of lineage (EG, checker, stairstep, spiral, inbred, rainbow, other-breed-involved/breed combination) and so on. That and a filter system that allows us to check/uncheck the tags we use for our dragons. (Tags could even be private so only the owner of the dragons can see them. That should solve the issue of potential "inappropriate tags".) But yeah.

While there are other suggestions that may fill this gap and anything is better than nothing.  My initial idea was for simplicity sake not only for us but for TJ and the others who run the game.  Having been part of a team for another game the simple ideas tend to get done and done quicker.  This comment isn't to shut down feedback or other ideas just explain why I went so simple.

My main problem with this suggestion is that a mere 'CB' marker wouldn't be very helpful since it's very limiting IMHO. Which means that, as soon as we get that kind of marker, we'll ask for more.

I would much rather see the breeding filter than a simple CB marker, but the marker is better than nothing. 

I actually took care of that problem by adding a group called "CB's", so now I just filter thru that. Maybe that'll be helpful for someone? I would also like to see something that marks CBs on the regular scroll or a filter.

Would go with this:

a little 'CB' for all caveborn ones and then the gen number '1G', '2G',... and so on, you cant make the game understand HOW the lineage was build so generations would still be in. So as a little symbol next to the sprite of the dragon

I get that this is a simpler way to see CBs when breeding, but I definitely think a real filter (and/or tags!) would be much better and useful in a much broader sense. Tons of people would like a CB marker, but tons *more* people would get use out of something broader, like tags that can mark CBs *and* different-gens *and* inbreds and possibly more. Personally I think nearly all the suggestions of this sort could be accomplished by the ability to filter the breeding page by Group: Make a group with all your Cavebreds, or all your even-gens, or *whatever*, and be able to filter the breed page to only show that group. That would be a lot more helpful, to more people, then just a CB marker (tags could also work wonderfully in this regard, but since Groups are already a thing that might be easier?)

I prefer tags as a solution to this. But if we don't get tags, then please, at least this minimal thing would be so helpful. I really don't like having to use the CB thing to name my caveborns. I've gotten used to it and in some cases it let me have names I couldn't otherwise have (like CB Merry Christmas belongs to me, but Merry Christmas is of course looooooong gone.) But on the whole, I began using it not to get otherwise-taken names, but to mark my CBs for breeding. 

Didnt even think about tags or using groups.

How about having the regular (not so) old normal filter during breeding like on the scroll itself?

You could select simply a group called 'CB' and choose from that.

Groups function like Tags so it would be easier to implement for the programmers and still solve the problem.