The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2018 poll

What dragon should be collected in 2018?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys.

Just putting the poll up for next years dragon. Please vote which one you'd like to see collected :)

Would also like to get an idea of who is participating, so please let us know if you are. :) If people want to participate, the hopefully it will run :D

Also, when the thread goes up, please make sure you read over the rules, there will be some changes from last year :)

This poll will be up for at least a week, when we have an aim for the thread to go up, we'll post it, just a few things to sort out :)

(Also, shout out to lulu_witch, a new mod for the contest :) She has done so much work to decide which dragons made the cut for the poll, and also along with celis did so much work to make sure last years prizes went out :) I think I did a lot of the messaging, so people won't know how much they've done so I wanted to note it here :)

~AppleMango)

Edited by The Holly Contest

I am interested in this for next year. I might not end up joining, though.

40 minutes ago, lluvia said:

Wait, I'm confused what this is for and how this works? Is this the right board?

I wasn't the one that originally put it in trading, I post it in trading because that's where it was before I was a moderator. Sorry there's not much information in this post, I was in a rush because I'm going out for New Year's Eve. You can look in the old thread for more information, a new thread will be started when the poll is over which will have the proper information :)

Voted! I participated late in the 2017 Holly Contest, but would love to try again at the start of this years to see my progress with collecting. I wasn't too shabby with the olives. Hehe.

Since I got CB Hollies this Christmas, I would love to contribute into donating a Holly offspring to a participant. I'd also love to collect a Holly from someone else too. 
Late start but I just love collecting offsprings from others and naming them accordingly to the parent dragons. 

Voted for one of the options but to be completely honest I'll be okay with almost any breeed out of those five to be picked for Holly Contest 2018 ;) They're really cool and they definitely need some love. Thank you @lulu_witch for picking the final choices for the poll!

And of course I want to improve my placement from previous contest :D so yes, I'll be participating~

I'd be in this year, although I'm curious as to how the new contest will work, considering 2G Hollys are now easier to get...

I Voted but am unsure if I will play or not as I have a CB Holly Now.  I may donate once the form is up.

Thank you for the shout out @AppleMango! I tried my best to narrow down the list, bringing in many of the older breeds that are often over looked as well as being super common.

Also, given that limits for CB's have persisted this year, I think that there might still be some interest in this. I realise that next year 2nd gens will be a lot more common and that competition might not be as fierce but it is my hope that it will be a bit of fun to collect these to win one, friendly rivalry and all that. Maybe if we can get a grand prize donation from a Female Holly owner like this year we could still have a rare and special prize but that remains to be seen. At this point in time I think we will have to take it one step at a time and figure out how to navigate the new terrain with the CB re-releases as we come to it. If we have enough people wanting to participate we are happy to run it for you!

Depending on what dragon gets picked, I might join. It could be fun to collect them, even if the stakes aren't as high anymore.

5 hours ago, Karobb said:

With the re-release of cb hollies is this contest really going to be effective?

Perhaps more so. I guess we will see. 

I plan to spend a lot of my time AP hunting next Christmas breeding season for 2nd gens. I am sure I will catch a few, or at least I hope I will, but if 10 people each donate a 2nd gen Holly, then that means that the top 10 will get one without hours of AP hunting/trading for the desired pairing.

I'm interested in participating despite the re-release.

If there's someone kind enough to donate a baby from their female Holly that would make an astounding grand prize. But even if not that, there's still plenty of people that didn't manage to catch a CB Holly and I imagine breeding and trading competition is going to be pretty fierce.

Here's to a new year!

I'm up for donating my Hollies future babies again, including from my new CB (only snagged 1).

Participation depends on whether I forget about this again or not. XD

I'm probably in, depends on which dragon wins the poll.

Would also be happy to donate a 2G.  I got CBs last year.

I think collecting is really fun.  I'm in, especially if it ends up being Deep Seas, as they are a favorite of mine.  :D

Waterhorses <3

I'll collect regardless of prizes. It's fun to collect!

You know I'm down. I really hope it's not Waterhorses. XD I really, really dislike those. But if that's what's chosen, WATERHORSES WILL JUST HAVE TO RULE MY SCROLL NAO.

Also, you also know I'm donating. :D I got two CB Hollies, and a few new lineaged beauties that people will probably want even with the new commonness of Hollies in general. I will probably donate fewer overall eggs, though, keeping in mind that higher gens from old dragons are no longer, likely, particularly interesting to most people. Anything that's G4 or less on my on scroll though is game.  

Also - since I'm donating mine, I'm definitely hoping to win a G2 from someone else. XD Just because G2 Hollies are relatively more common doesn't mean this contest is suddenly pointless. We still all only have two each and most of us are NOT going to be satisfied by two new G2 Hollies a year. There will be pet projects, desire for stuff from The Original Hollies, the female CBs... et cetera. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

I might be interested in joining this year, even though Waterhorses are losing the poll. XD I should be able to donate a 3G perfect checker and a nice stair.

I'd love to participate! Unfortunately, it seems that the Deep Seas are having a solid lead. I'm a little scared of those because they trigger some sort of eel phobia in me so I'd have to give this a pass if they win. Would be happy to donate a 2G Holly from one of my CB beauties though, as well as a 5G stairstep Holly and a 7G spiral Thuwed Holly (if anyone is even interested in the latter 2). 

5 hours ago, Mnkn10 said:

I'm in! When is this starting?

The poll will be up until at least the 7th, but you can start grabbing dragons now if you think you know which one will win ;)