angelicdragonpuppy

Make Zombies visible from 6PM-6AM

Just a little thought I had... can zombies be visible throughout DC's night? I get the "oooh midnight is an evil hour" bit, but 1) it kinda stinks to have all these new zombie sprites and barely ever see them, and 2) their encyclopedia lore says they hate sunlight, but nothing about them only wanting to appear after midnight when any time at night should suffice.

I'm in EST so the current times are especially brutal (Midnight to 6 AM--I rarely ever see them!), but even for people in other time zones 6 hours is a pretty brief window that can easily be lost during sleep or work. Would be great if we had a broader time frame to see our hard earned zombies.

I support this. Zombies are hard to get, we should be able to show them off or at least see them for ourselves. I'm in EST too and never see mine except on Halloween. I think seeing them at night makes sense and they'd still switch from dragon to tombstone, so I don't feel like we'd lose what makes them special.

I support this, to see my sweet zombie in would have wake up around 6am (because then its midnight for the server)....so its just impossible for me to see my sweetheart doing.

It wouldnt change anything besides that you can see them at night which would only make them more enjoyable!

Support. Would make them consistent with other time-associated breeds.

Also support. I want to see my zombies more often. I feel like they need more love.

5 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Support. Would make them consistent with other time-associated breeds.

This is a very good reason for this. Why are zombies the only breed to have midnight-6am? I think it'd be better if the time-associated breeds had the same time changes. And also yes, I'd love to see my zombies more often! I'm a couple hours behind DC so I'm usually awake when DC-midnight hits, but not for long.

I see no reason that all time-associated dragons should have to follow the same schedule. IF there is a lore reason for them to differ, they should differ.

HOWEVER. No such lore exists for zombies, and as noted, what lore they do have suggests nothing whatsoever is special about midnight for them,and in fact, it suggests they should be seen anywhere there is no or or very low light. Therefore, as a zombie lover, I support this wholeheartedly. I'm in Pacific and I still mostly see only tombstones. 

I'd really like this change. You work hard at collecting certain breeds, killing and (failing) rezzing, and then the zombies have the audacity to hide all the time and you never see them because you're in different timezones. Sometimes I forget which breeds I have too, and you can't really tell when they're tombstones.

Even though I get to see them in the mornings (being 5h ahead of Cave time has some uses!), support - it's a shame to have all those great sprites hidden away so much.  Bad enough that I virtually never get to see the Spirit Wards in full glow!  XD

I'd be for this. It makes sense, it doesn't go against lore and it doesn't hurt any one player.

I only see them when I:

have a day off

and get up earlier JUST to make them within the last 15mins of the window...

I don't see mine and it feels worse then beyond unrewarding...

I'd actually suggest them to be visible for at least 16h - due to timezones. It can still cover a night sleep and day's work tho:( esp. for timezones around mine... but better the wrong 12 than the riddiculus beyond-wrong 6...

22 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I'd actually suggest them to be visible for at least 16h - due to timezones. It can still cover a night sleep and day's work tho:(

Then you'll have people upset that they never see the tombstones, though.

2 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Then you'll have people upset that they never see the tombstones, though.

Tombstones are meh compared to the proper zombies. Of the 2, not seing the tombstones at all is way less hurtful than the curent not seing zombies at all.

3 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Tombstones are meh compared to the proper zombies. Of the 2, not seing the tombstones at all is way less hurtful than the curent not seing zombies at all.

That's your preference, but not necessarily everyone's. I'd prefer to see the tombstones for

12 hours and the zombies for 12 hours.

Me too. (I am very lucky to live in two timezones at different times of year - and I get to see them in both.)

I LOVE the tombstones, too - and I am desperate for a volcano one....

17 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

That's your preference, but not necessarily everyone's. I'd prefer to see the tombstones for

12 hours and the zombies for 12 hours.

You'll still not see any for full 12h anyways - sleep, work, etc. ^^; and you're a slave to your timezone anyway... and you'll see one more than the other anyways, depending on that and when you play too.

Well, 12h would still mean me seing the tombstones... when I'll be at working days after I graduate I'll have to go to sleep and to work when zombies are visible even with implementation of this suggestion... and therefore feel nearly no difference between 6 or 12h (with only exception of days off)... and still not see mine that I've been working for ever since the big change. Tombstones are boring and barely anything compared to all those dragon sprites:< and way more repetitive... out of 49 zombies I currently have, there are only 6 different tombstones all over again +sometimes 1 more if the thing is still not showing the biome tombstone. And I'm not going to ever see these zombies either way of the 2:( If I wasn't a completionist I'd just not make zombies at all for how I can't even see them while having to work that hard and long to get them...

Edited by VixenDra

16 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

You'll still not see any for full 12h anyways - sleep, work, etc. ^^; and you're a slave to your timezone anyway... and you'll see one more than the other anyways, depending on that and when you play too.

Yes, obviously. With 12 hours I would still see comparatively little of the zombies because of when I sleep, but I would actually get to see them once in a while. I do not want the reverse problem for me or for anyone else with the tombstones because I enjoy seeing those, too. I do not find them "meh".  

I'm sorry your days are apparently so cluttered that you won't have time to log on for five minutes in a twelve-hour window to look at zombies, and I'm sure that makes catching and breeding time-based breeds very difficult, but I still can't support the 16 hour idea. 12 hours would be fairest across the various time zones and allow everyone the opportunity to see both.

I am 100% with Libby. I want to be able to see both - and 50% each way is the fairest way for all.

I don't know ANYONE who sleeps 12 hours a day, either. Even shift working nurses.

I could see a suggestion to just make zombies visible all the time (other nocturnal breeds are always showing, why are zombies the exception?), but 16 hours has no logical standing and would just be an awkward middle ground.

Personally I’m also meh on the tombstones, they were neat when we had only one zombie sprite but now they are pretty boring in comparison. That being said, I’d still probably lean for 12 / 12, since the tombstone thing has been a part of what makes zombies zombies forever and it would be a bit sad to see that gone entirely. I’m sorry your time zone hits that perfect level of annoyance, but even then, look at the positives. You’d have twice the amount of time to have improved zombie odds, which only takes a few minutes when you wake up to try reviving. You’d also have those same few minutes to look at your zombies, and really, isn’t that all that’s needed? It’s nice to just zoom around doing other things on my scroll and see them, whereas right now I never even get that brief glimpse. So yes, you’d only catch sight of them every now and then—but how much time do we need to look at any particular sprite anyway? :) 

37 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

how much time do we need to look at any particular sprite anyway? :) 

How true :)

I can see why some people like seeing the tombstones as well, especially since there are actually different tombstones for the different biomes. It's not like they are all just the same plain boring tombstone that all dead things get. I think 12/12 is the best way to go, and it's definitely much better then the itty bitty time we have now. (Also, this whole thing is why I've taken screenshots of all my zombies, I can see them anytime! But that's really a sucky workaround.)

If you go into manual custom sort and scroll down to them, you can see the zombie sprites whenever you want. But yes, I do think that the time should be lengthened. It goes from 11 pm to 5 am where I live, and I shouldn't be staying up that late or getting up that early.