angelicdragonpuppy

Make Zombies visible from 6PM-6AM

I agree that 12 hours zombie visible and 12 hours tombstone visible would be great. The short time span of the zombies being visible is the main reason why I don't collect them. I would never get to see their cool sprites since I'm usually sleep when they are visible currently. Zombies could be, in a way, like Nocturne dragons.

Yeah, it's kind of weird that they don't share a schedule with literally all the other time-based breeds.

On the topic of time, tangential suggestion: slightly lower the "zombies visible because it's night" zombification bonus, and add a "spooky time of night between midnight and 2AM" bonus on top of that.  Fairly minimal impact, at least hopefully, on your average user, but it would give dedicated zombie collecters better odds if they're willing to metaphorically bend themselves over backwards.  (Actually, I'd like to see scaling probabilities based on time of day and time since death and time of year and number of light/dark aligned breeds in close proximity to the target revived zombie and a whole bunch of other stuff, but that would probably annoy a bunch of people.)

12h/12h would be great. 6 hours is too short imo, especially when it's placed at a time when a lot of people would be sleeping.

Support. :) Zombies have just over 40 unique sprites, but currently we can only see them while they're visible for only 6 hours, except on the 31st iirc. The work that went into creating them (art-wise, as well as luck on reviving) feels a little wasted with restricted time frames.

12 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

It's almost spoopy time! Want to raise this suggestion again!

spoopy ?

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

spoopy ?

The Halloween decorations in, wal-mart I think it was, a couple years ago had the word "spoopy" instead of spooky and the pics on the internet kinda went viral.  and now it's everywhere. 

On topic, yes to longer zombie times.  (even if I'm still salty about losing my favorite hatchling sprites. I love all the new zombies, but the old ones were just so flipping adorable. )

4 hours ago, Naraku said:

Support. :) Zombies have just over 40 unique sprites, but currently we can only see them while they're visible for only 6 hours, except on the 31st iirc. The work that went into creating them (art-wise, as well as luck on reviving) feels a little wasted with restricted time frames.

Exactly this, which combines with the low success rate to keep me from even trying to get them all.

9 hours ago, Naraku said:

That's a good point I didn't even think of. While how many *different* zombie sprites we now have, it's even more frustrating/wasteful for them to only appear 6 hours a day. One sprite having such limited visibility, okay whatever, but there are so many unique zombie sprites now (that frankly look *awesome*!) it really seems such a waste to hide so much wonderful artwork for so long.

Agreed! There is nothing in their lore about midnight, and I would indeed like to see my zombies a bit more since they take so much effort to get in the first place. It would also be fair to more users in different timezones, because currently some people could quite reasonably be asleep every night during the entire visibility hours.

I support this because of time zones some don't get to see Zombies for more than a few hours.  Or only in the scroll sorting system x/ 

Well the gravestones did change and are different, but we don't play this to collect different gravestones - but different dragons :L

I never thought about how most of you could only see zombies at really weird hours! 😨

Totally support this, for the sake of people living on the other side of the big pond, and because, as mentioned, way too much went into the different sprites to see them only during 6 hours a day!

Huh - I thought I'd already commented on this thread. I don't have a Zombie (probably never will knowing my luck) but I definitely support being able to see them for longer, especially being someone with a non-cave timezone. To be honest, I'd support them being visible 24/7. They're some of my favourite sprites because they're so awesome and really amazing, I really think it's a shame that they aren't visible all the time tbh.

This sounds like a very good idea to me...  More Zombie hours...

Poking this again. We have over a dozen very nice zombie sprites that take a lot of work to create. Would be wonderful to be able to see them a bit more often. I'm in EST and so usually only ever am awake to see them on the few 31sts we have.

Yeah I'd be down for this. Alternatively, if for whatever reason TJ doesn't want to extend it to a full 12 hours, even extending it to 8 hours (10 PM - 6 AM) or 10 hours (8 PM - 6 AM) would be nice. The entire window currently falls into when I need to sleep for work on work nights, so on those nights zombies might as well not exist.

Full support. Especially as someone with non-cave timezone. I love zombies so much, it would be awesome to see them more. They're only visible when in my timezone is usual school/lectures time and I'm not playing dragcave this time.