Sheriziya

Garland (Christmas 2017) Breeding plans

Planning on turning this lovely darling into a Gaia/Snow/Garland spiral. (Mostly because I personally detest checkers and have exactly one checker lineage I'm working on, as opposed to my half a dozen spirals.) Here's hoping the Influence worked, or I'm going to be banging my head in frustration again.

I love these sprites! So pretty :)

I think I'm going to do a checker of them with Anagallis. I feel like the green and red would go well with it. I think Imperial Fleshcrownes would look really nice, too, as well as Blacktips and Pillows. Possibly Brimstones? I think Ribbon Dancers and Ochredrakes would look lovely with it, too, if only it were possible to breed any of them with Garlands.

Edited by Splashie

Still think Gaia and Gold Shimmer are the best combinations I have seen.

From this thread I also like them with Holly, Yulebuck, Wrapping Wing, Winter Magi, Aegis (both forms), Snow, Shadow Walker, Caligene,  Green Gemshards, Almeralds, Mageias, Chronos, Golden Lunar, Gold, Silver, Golden Wyvern, Spessartine, Teimarr, Terrae, Anagallis ( :wub: ), Frill, Fever, Green Nebula, Vine, Canopy, Neotropical, BBW, Spring, Summer, Green, Colossus, Yellow Zyumorph, Fleshcrowne, and Undine (both Alt and non).

I tried Fleshcrowne & Gaia, and Teimarr. Progeny page linked since I do not own the Offspring.

12 hours ago, Splashie said:

I love these sprites! So pretty :)

I think I'm going to do a checker of them with Anagallis. I feel like the green and red would go well with it. I think Imperial Fleshcrownes would look really nice, too, as well as Blacktips and Pillows. Possibly Brimstones? I think Ribbon Dancers and Ochredrakes would look lovely with it, too, if only it were possible to breed any of them with Garlands.

Here they are with Brims:

image.png.300ac5984c27d3f19fd695666dcc9dff.png

We sadly can't breed them with Ochredrakes since they're drakes (and therefore too smol) but I do agree, they would look amazing together, as well as with Day Glories. :)

image.png.79b5443aa6e564a89c5ef04a9dcb7327.png image.png.1342cdc6db88911d0f99d926a48f4aac.png

-

Another lineage mockup I might plan on doing:

image.png.141ac9caf3d34fe32ff75a2ecbed464d.png

18 hours ago, Afeare said:

Planning on turning this lovely darling into a Gaia/Snow/Garland spiral. (Mostly because I personally detest checkers and have exactly one checker lineage I'm working on, as opposed to my half a dozen spirals.) Here's hoping the Influence worked, or I'm going to be banging my head in frustration again.

That sounds like a delightful plan! If you want, hit me up to continue the spiral past a certain generation, I'd be happy to help. (I, too, am a fan of spirals - winter holiday dragons tend not to be great for them because of the single-gender thing, but I really like your idea!)

I just caught a Winter Seasonal and Influenced it male. I’m going to give him a Runic name and get him together with Harigasti Taivo. 

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

That sounds like a delightful plan! If you want, hit me up to continue the spiral past a certain generation, I'd be happy to help. (I, too, am a fan of spirals - winter holiday dragons tend not to be great for them because of the single-gender thing, but I really like your idea!)

Yeah, holidays can be tricky, but the Snows and Garlands have similar color schemes and both compliment the Gaias, so it just made sense to me~ :D

Since I've only got one CB Snow myself, the furthest I'll be able to take it before Christmas rolls around again (phrased such hoping they do the Holiday biome again) will be 4 generations. At the 5G point I'd have to hand the offspring off to other people for it to be continued.

1 hour ago, Kelkelen said:

Almost tiiiime!  🙂  Anyone have any new ideas, with this year's more recent breeds?

I'm breeding mine to freeze them. That said, I tried to take care choosing the mates since I want the siblings to be potentially useful to other people~! One thing I quite liked for soft contrast and will be doing was Flamingo x Garland:

dragcave-lineage-garland-flamingo.png

I don't generally like Holiday x Holiday pairings... 

But I will be trying Garland with Snows this year. I kind of like them with the Black-Capped Teimars, but everything hasn't hit me in like, "OH! I love this" (Except for the Day Glories, but that's not possible, so...)

I am doing a silver tinsel with one of them and have not decided on the other. 

A suggestion for a high-contrast checker, both with the golden underbelly... https://dragcave.net/lineage/EEIBx

And of course, I'm also on the gaia bandwagon... and I've seen the suggestion of garland x floral-crowned, for those who like holiday x holiday pairings. Debating whether to try it myself or just play the AP lottery.

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

A suggestion for a high-contrast checker, both with the golden underbelly... https://dragcave.net/lineage/EEIBx

And of course, I'm also on the gaia bandwagon... and I've seen the suggestion of garland x floral-crowned, for those who like holiday x holiday pairings. Debating whether to try it myself or just play the AP lottery.

Oooooh. Thank you for that lumina x garland combo. It looks really nice!! And for reminding me that the Garland x Floral-Crowned combo exists. Decisions, decisions.

I've bred my Garlands with white Luminas since their colors go together really nicely. ^_^ Now that it's the holiday time again I'm glad to be able to continue the checker I started a while ago.