Masks

Footnotes/Subtitles?

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant, but then I haven't been here for almost 10 years so I might have missed something! Apologies if this has been suggested/shotdown before, I did try.

On another petsite I'm on, you have the ability to give your pet a subtitle, to help you keep things more organised. I was wondering if there was ever a plan to do such a thing here - you could have the name of the dragon, then under it, a little space (maybe less than the name amount?) to put a little subtitle, like Lineage involvement, mates names, what generation it was, that sort of thing.

Well, up to now, there's nothing known about such a feature, although we did have some suggestions in that direction (notes on dragons or something).

Luckily, we have an easy way to find mates, though: If you go to a dragon's breeding page, the mate(s) are displayed on top of the list and the rejects on the bottom.

We can also sort our dragons in groups, which can be handy for breeding projects. Lineage view counts the generations now, although it's obviously much simpler to put that kind of information down somewhere on the dragon's page or in a kind of sticky note put there with it.

Yeah, its the at a glance thing I'm thinking of. Reducing the amount of pageloads to just find out a few snips of information if its just displayed in smaller font under the dragons name on the scroll. I'm thinking of Lioden, and the way they display lions and subnotes on the main den page.

Edited by Masks

I know some people don't like to "muddy" their dragon's names this way, but many of us put lineage and generation notes in the name itself. "CB" for Cavebred, "IB" for Inbred, "3gen" or "5gen" for generations, "SS" for stairstep lineages, etc etc. It's not a perfect solution, but it works. I use IB and CB at the end of my dragon's names.

I'd like it if something like that could be implemented. The groups really help A LOT, but when I'm trying to remember what mates a certain dragon has had (or has rejected), it gets really tough. Especially if the dragon has mated recently, since then, I would have to wait the week to pull up the list of mates again. 

Also, sometimes, I just like to leave some notes about a dragon that might not fit into a group, eg, how it fits into a certain lineage plan. So far, I've created individual groups for lineages, but that really adds up, and now I've ended up with a tad too many groups for my liking. I also have little notes in google docs for this same purpose but it would be a lovely convenience to have it on each dragon's page instead. 

I personally fall into the camp of not wanting to add tags to my dragons' actual names, so having a little sub note / foot note that is easily update-able would really be nice. 

Edited by MinkishMinx

I don't mind putting tags into dragon names (and think it could make for an interesting looking Lineage..) but I do love an at-a-glance system too for other things, I guess. Its obviously not something thats urgently required, but I think it could be a nice quality of life addition, type thing XD

On 28.12.2017 at 1:20 AM, Marie19R said:

I know some people don't like to "muddy" their dragon's names this way, but many of us put lineage and generation notes in the name itself. "CB" for Cavebred, "IB" for Inbred, "3gen" or "5gen" for generations, "SS" for stairstep lineages, etc etc. It's not a perfect solution, but it works. I use IB and CB at the end of my dragon's names.

Well, I hate those obvious tags, but I have some less obvious for my own dragons - like titles for CBs (usually Lord or Lady), certain lineage projects have special names (Mountainsong, I Nab ..., ) - I also have certain expressions I use for some breeds (shimmery/shiny/silvery for silvers, golden/aurea/aureus... for golds) to give me an idea of what kind of lineage it is, especially for holidays. But it's not exactly an elaborate system.