Sirithiliel

3rd Mistletoe CB

Experienced a similar thing with the new release eggs and ended up with three.  Bit the third and turned it into a vamp in an attempt to kick it to the ap. >_>

The breed limits page no longer includes the CB Holidays, so I guess the limit only applied to while they were dropping in the Cave?

1 minute ago, Niomedes said:

The breed limits page no longer includes the CB Holidays, so I guess the limit only applied to while they were dropping in the Cave?

Hmm, I can see how that might explain it.

Just now, MessengerDragon said:

It does include them.

It doesn't. Not for me, anyway. Only lists the leetle tree and GoNs.

2 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

It doesn't. Not for me, anyway. Only lists the leetle tree and GoNs.

Have you picked up any new CBs this season? Maybe it only shows up once you've picked up something new to which the limit is applicable?

Just now, MessengerDragon said:

Have you picked up any new CBs this season? Maybe it only shows up once you've picked up something new to which the limit is applicable?

Yes. I picked up Hollys and Yulebucks- and the page did show all the breeds earlier in the week. It doesn't anymore.

Same thing here, with a 2010 holiday. A 3rd CB, and my limits page shows only GONs and leetle trees.

Yeah, the limits page has gone back to how it was before the holiday started. I wouldn't be surprised if by doing that TJ tweaked something that messed up the limits, I hope this gets fixed soon.

A friend of mine reports that he too has been able to grab three of the new CBs.

This should be fixed, and any extras should end up being automatically abandoned. If not within the next hour, it'll happen when something hatches. Your best bet if you don't want the wrong thing to get removed is to abandon any extra eggs yourself (though if your egg is within the 5 hour CB window you should be fine).

I accidentally picked up a third because of my mobile connection, and not knowing what to do about it, I panicked about being penalized and killed one of my three eggs. Of course the egg that was auto abandoned was one of the whole eggs, so now I have a dead egg and 1 normal egg. I don't want to try to pick one up again if it will penalize me. Did I mess myself up and force myself to not be able to get two eggs? I'm really sad I couldn't figure out what to do about it and killed it instead of waiting to abandon it.

9 minutes ago, raus said:

I accidentally picked up a third because of my mobile connection, and not knowing what to do about it, I panicked about being penalized and killed one of my three eggs. Of course the egg that was auto abandoned was one of the whole eggs, so now I have a dead egg and 1 normal egg. I don't want to try to pick one up again if it will penalize me. Did I mess myself up and force myself to not be able to get two eggs? I'm really sad I couldn't figure out what to do about it and killed it instead of waiting to abandon it.

I'm really sorry about your egg. I don't think dead eggs count against you, but it doesn't hurt to PM/ping TJ and see if there's anything he can do.

It'll count for 2 weeks, I think.

(Well, 1 day for eggslot, 2 weeks for breed until it gets deleted.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Do not try to revive should you get an Undead/a Zombie it still counts as Mistletoe for you! My bad you can't revive dead eggs, right?

Edited by Tigerkralle

Thanks for the advice. I don't think dead eggs can be revived. I missed out on the last day of the drop window, so I decided I'll just have to wait until next year, and try to snag another CB then. I didn't really want to bother TJ when I missed out on the window anyway, even if I could pick up another egg. It's mostly my fault, I guess. Poor judgment.

On 26.12.2017 at 7:13 AM, TJ09 said:

This should be fixed, and any extras should end up being automatically abandoned. If not within the next hour, it'll happen when something hatches. Your best bet if you don't want the wrong thing to get removed is to abandon any extra eggs yourself (though if your egg is within the 5 hour CB window you should be fine).

That's not a fix, that's a spoil of something that would have been a good self-implemented change :(

I received a CB Ribbon from a trade and grabbed two other Ribbons and I didn't get a 2 limit page so I had assumed one was bred. Then I had to run too the store and completely forgot about it. It wasn't until after they had become Adults when I realized I was missing one. They were there when they gendered as hatchlings. Checked my actions log and it said one was released due to breed limits. All 3 of the Ribbons I had (The traded one, and the two I grabbed were CB) I was kinda glad, didn't want to get into trouble anyways!

Edited by IVIandy