Cinnamin Draconna

ANSWERED:Tetris game not working for me

As the title says, the game doesn't work for me.

I see a grid and the outlines of the pieces.. but not the actual pieces. The outlines are not clickable, movable or rotatable.

Help?

Are you trying to click and grab? Or are you actually just clicking the pieces. I'll show you a picture in just a moment about how it's done

Edit: Simply tap on the piece

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Is javascript activated for you?

From what I can see, the game needs to run scripts from cloudflare.com, dcave.net and of course dragcave.net.

If it's activated but still not running, sometimes a browser restart helps.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh, have you tried clearing your cache and everything?

Yes, yes.. I've tried everything. Had similar problems with the Halloween event. I think it's something to do with Windows 10 and images.. javascript works fine, it's an image issue.

I don't know much about windows 10- I still use 7. My sister recently got a laptop with 10, and I had to uninstall the McAfee antivirus cause it was causing problems for her, but I have no clue if that could be related.

I assume you've gone through various browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Opera - with and without Adblock, trying private or incognito browsing?

No, I only use 1 browser, Firefox. I don't want to use anything else, so don't tell me to install anything. I did try the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer that came with the computer, but I don't like how they work.. so I stick with Firefox.

It'd be nice to know if it worked on Edge or IE to see if it is a browser issue or not.

Is your browser up to date?

2 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

No, I only use 1 browser, Firefox. I don't want to use anything else, so don't tell me to install anything. I did try the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer that came with the computer, but I don't like how they work.. so I stick with Firefox.

It would determine whether the issue is browser-specific or a problem with your OS or antivirus,, but you don't have to take the help you asked for...

Tried it in Microsoft Edge... I can see the pieces.. I can move 1 piece to the grid.. then nothing

Tiried it in Internet Explorer.. I can see the pieces.. that's it, nothing is clickable

So it sounds like it's not browser restricted entirely.

I would wonder what programs are running in the background or what the computer came preinstalled with, or if it is antivirus related.

These are the kinds of things I'm not much good with unless I can mess with it myself.

I will say, the least that can be done is make sure java and your browser are updated. Firefox needs the plugin itself updated, as updating java for the computer won't work with firefox.

Otherwise I can't say without knowing everything going on with the system.

I'm having the same problem, I can see the pieces and the grid, I try to move them, and managed to move 2, but I can't pick up the others at all.

Edit:  And as soon as I post, it starts working :dry:

Edited by ironmaiden66

14 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I will say, the least that can be done is make sure java and your browser are updated. Firefox needs the plugin itself updated, as updating java for the computer won't work with firefox.

Otherwise I can't say without knowing everything going on with the system.

Nothing on DC uses Java, and given its history of being an insecure browser plugin, I'd recommend not having it installed (or at the very least set it to click to activate) unless you really need it for something.

14 hours ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

I've tested the event in both Firefox and Edge on Windows 10 and it worked just fine...can you post a screenshot about what you're seeing when you mean "outlines of the pieces"

I'm having a similar issue on all my browsers (Chrome, FF, Edge). I can't click or interact with any of the pieces. However the pieces are showing, as they would for anyone starting the game (it was working yesterday).

edit: windows 10. restart, cache reset, etc. usual solutions have not sorted it.

Edited by Ashywolf

I figured it out. I had to turn my ad blocker off. And since that is not going to be something permanent.. I played 1 game, earned the badge and turned Ad Block Plus back on.

And for what it's worth. I don't just use the blocker for the ads.. I also block the background images, because the glare from them hurts my eyes. Which is why I and others have asked for a basic version of the site. The only images I need are the eggs, hatchlings and adult dragons. I don't need the fancy backgrounds.

edit: working now. It was not adblocker that caused it since I wasn't using it, not sure what.

Edited by Ashywolf