Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

16 minutes ago, tkt1780 said:

Now that the coast seems to be clear, when can we expect EATW to return? I'm starting to really miss its fast views and dragonmarket...

I'm wondering the same-I really missed it, never realized just how much I depend on it for both views and trading.

Congrats, all! We did it! We unlocked the chapter epilogue by midnight. 

Now let's turn that bar red tomorrow!

On 12/28/2017 at 11:46 AM, Marie19R said:

I love the pose and body-type of the Garland dragon, but I do agree about the colors. This makes *three* years in a row that the holiday dragon has been very light-colored without much "pop" in terms of actual color. One reason I love the Ribbon Dancers is their in-your-face coloring, and the Yulebuck's markings for the same reason. I do love this dragon, but can we PLEASE have a more colorful holiday dragon next year?!

Actually, the "pop" of color would be the green, the gold (possibly) and maybe the red berries. But definitely the green.

"Pop" of color and "more colorful" are not the same thing. A pop of color is a bit of color within something that is more monotone or neutral colored, which I feel is exactly what this dragon is. It might not be as much of a pop as the yuleback's are..but it is a pop. A hint as it were.

As far as my opinion goes in general of these, I absolutely love the adults. I thought they were a bit bleh at first until I got home and saw them on my actual computer screen (over my phone, because my laptop has amazing color and my phone makes most things blah). There are times I get kind of tired of the same yellow, white, green and red wash and repeat. I love the Yuleback's and that's probably the last time I thoroughly enjoyed those 4 colors together. But, I really love them in this. They are elegant and well done.

I'm glad we got different dragons or get different dragons that shy away from normality (mistletoe, solstice, aegis, snow). I know that white, red, green and blue (and gold, but i associate less for some reason) are typical Christmas colors, however, other colors are as well. Silver especially (which white could be) or perhaps opalescent white. Think of glittering snow and all the different colors you can see at times? It'd be nice.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing like a dark blue christmas dragon (like a winter night sky) with perhaps colorful (as in..more than red/green/white..but rainbow colors) christmas lights. I mean, I have a lot of idea's for one but I can't do all the lore and coming up with the story and such, nor can I draw or sprite so yeah. 

Something that could signify the holidays or at least winter and not just Christmas itself since there are other non-Christian holiday's that exist during this time as well.

I really like the Garland colors. I think they have just the right balance of neutral and vibrant colors. The white body tone is a great backdrop for the yellowish-gold belly, and together I think white and gold are a great combination. And of course the green garlands on the dragon are great, especially with the red berries adding that extra pop. I also like how it looks like the saturation was turned up *just* a bit on the gold.

Personally, I think they remind me of ancient Greece. Think of the classic white marble pillars of Greek architecture, and the laurel wreaths that they use for decoration. (Guys I don't actually know anything about ancient Greece ok)

We have the fire bar!! Repeat, we have the fire bar!!! It's not tons of red since it's only at 1%, but it's still the fire bar!

49% ice/51% fire! Let's go fire! I just did a puzzle and the meter doesn't change with just one, so I need some help! :lol:

I am not seeing any red on that meter, yet. Is anyone else?

Just now, purplehaze said:

49% ice/51% fire! Let's go fire! I just did a puzzle and the meter doesn't change with just one, so I need some help! :lol:

I am not seeing any red on that meter, yet. Is anyone else?

No, just 49% ice and 51% fire.... my mana bar is grey now.

I am such an idiot! No wonder the puzzles wouldn't work on my phone! I had the cave set to desktop version! *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

Okay, now that my dumb dumb butt figured that out I was able to complete the dang thing and enjoy it! And I LOVE tetris!

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I am such an idiot! No wonder the puzzles wouldn't work on my phone! I had the cave set to desktop version! *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

Okay, now that my dumb dumb butt figured that out I was able to complete the dang thing and enjoy it! And I LOVE tetris!

LOL I didn't even know there was an option for that?

Could someone please give me the link for the game things from previous years? Like, to play again? I seem to have lost them.

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

LOL I didn't even know there was an option for that?

Yep, at least on my Galaxy J7 it does. I normally keep it on desktop version because it looks normal and better to me. Just the options about the right-click to turn the pieces was frustrating until tonight when it just occured to me. I really dont know about myself sometimes. Lol! XD

12 minutes ago, Fiona said:

And!!!! my first Garland has grown up! So excited!

Ooohhhh do we get a peek?

@pixiezbite you can see what the adults look like in TJ's top post on the first page.

ETA: Ohmygosh, Fiona, love the colors! Thanks for sharing your spriter alt!

Edited by purpledragonclaw

7 minutes ago, Fiona said:

*GASP!* That is officially my new favorite Spriter's alt. And I thought the Garland was amazing before! I hope you know this is my new favorite dragon. :wub:

Edited by Syiren