Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Just now, LibbyLishly said:

Oh my goodness, are we to that point already? :blink: Time has flown.

Yup! In just 10 hours my Garlands will be grown! (And I imagine many others as well! :D)

13 minutes ago, tkt1780 said:

Also, here are the three combinations that use one box + two Ls that allow my strategy to work. It doesn't matter what color the Ls are, because they will always fit together.

IMG_20171229_161552.jpg

IMG_20171229_161532.jpg

Ahhh!!! I needed these! Thanks!

Another couple I've used:

2017-12-29_1630.png

2017-12-29_1631.png

2 minutes ago, Fabula said:

Yup! In just 10 hours my Garlands will be grown! (And I imagine many others as well! :D)

18 hours for mine. That's what I get for sleeping. XD

Edited by LibbyLishly
Predictive text fail and WHY DID IT ATTACH IMAGES

14 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

Ahhh!!! I needed these! Thanks!

Another couple I've used:

2017-12-29_1630.png

2017-12-29_1631.png

Oh! May I post these to the fire thread as well?

Huh, I just brunt force through the puzzles until I'm left with a couple pieces and rearrange around the area I'm in.

So the new dragons have their name in the description - will this mean the old holiday dragons will get their names in the description as well?

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

Jesus are you REALLY that addicted to the pixels that you cant go do household chores/read a book/etc for a few hours while the ap clears out? 

Also...99% of the users? If that is so why do I only see about 5 users, including yourself, whining? Are you saying dc is only played by 6 people?!? 

I like hunting the ap wall...once it becomes a wall of stuff I dont want/ cant grab I go to bed/read a book/play other online games/hunt cbs. Heck last night I managed to grab the first cb copper id seen in ages! I play on a mobile phone so managing that cb copper was a nice surprise. 

Besides who cares if you cant hunt ap for a day or two? Its not like you wont ever be able to hunt it again. I mean seriously we have 3 holiday drops a year ...thats what maybe 2 days tops of limited cb breed walls. Out of 365 days I think you can find something to do for TWO DAYS and be HAPPY and THANKFUL that we get such lovely dragons and enjoyable events. If you dont like it? Grab what holiday eggs you want and then take a dang break because you seemingly need one.

Amen-Hallelujah-Preach-It-and-Peace-Out!  Really, what would a DC holiday event be like without the drama?  You'd think the viewbombing plague would've been enough for eveyone.:rolleyes:

(Also all this hullaballoo about about the AP wall is making me want to cause another one, even though I personally find them annoying.  Y'all need to let it go now.)

EDIT: I hate this one, but I did it!  FIRE!!!desismileys_1831.gif

acd4d99a1c.jpg

Edited by Sunrunner

My Garland hatchie's timers are at 6 days 20 hours, so I've got awhile to wait, lol! Grabbed them in the last few hours of the drop, though, so that's to be expected I guess. I've transferred my saved names onto them, though, "Graceful Garland CB" and "Flowing Beauty CB".

3 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

EDIT: I hate this one, but I did it!

acd4d99a1c.jpg

Oh gosh, I think that's the solution to a puzzle I just noped out of in favor of getting an puzzle comprised almost entirely of L pieces. :D Well done!

Thanks so much to all the wonderful people posting puzzle solutions and tips for the "hard" puzzles! Maybe now I can contribute a bit more to team Fire! :)

Also, asked earlier but it got buried...

Has anyone made Team Fire and Team Ice banners yet? And if not, why the heck not?! :lol:  I have no skills, but I know lots of you all do. :)  Banners, please?

are we sure the fire side isint just broken? :>

i know it shows the winning team, but red seems entirely non exsistant, which i find strange. surely there must be at least a smidge showing. unless in order for fire to show at all the ice needs to go down completely. mite never see fire then.

2 minutes ago, Fabula said:

I just bred a red Striped egg from a CB white Striped and CB Holly. :lol: Yep, best Christmas ever on DC. LOL

Awesome! I'm definitely excited to see what people will pair their CB Hollies with now that they actually have them.

Did another hard puzzle! The screenshots people have posted really help, thanks!

Finally!!  All those tips and screenshots made the difference! Thank you. :)   Submitted Fire, of course. B)

s1tg5c.png

Just now, Marie19R said:

Awesome! I'm definitely excited to see what people will pair their CB Hollies with now that they actually have them.

It's exciting to be able to breed 2G Hollykin! I'm also gonna try for a 2G Alt Black from my Hollies. :wub: I think that'd be pretty dang awesome! Let it rain 2G alt fails from Hollies for the next year! lol

I've made hard puzzles within a minute...woah

I thought today will be hatchie rain/low time eggs in the AP... But I missed it unfortunately.

But at least I'm happy with my new hatchies, just waiting for the next year.

21 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

are we sure the fire side isint just broken? :>

i know it shows the winning team, but red seems entirely non exsistant, which i find strange. surely there must be at least a smidge showing. unless in order for fire to show at all the ice needs to go down completely. mite never see fire then.

Nah, fire has to be winning to see the bar turn red at all. It did happen for a sec at the start, but looks like ice is just more popular... for now.

35 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

EDIT: I hate this one, but I did it!  FIRE!!!desismileys_1831.gif

acd4d99a1c.jpg

Oh, I think I've had that puzzle and after sturggling with it for at least 15 minutes I just hit "new puzzle." :wacko:  Good on you for getting it solved!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just had to add my praise for the new dragon !!

The Garlands are just gorgeous ! Those warm, rich colours are wonderful, and the clarity of the details is marvellous !

This dragon looks like something straight out of a book of fairytales - the romantic old-fashioned ones where each illustration is a little story in itself. (Those books that I sometimes buy no matter what the stories are, just because the pictures are so beautiful. ;))

The whole idea of the Christmas wreath/ candle warmth theme is great, and it is captured in perfection ! Pose, proportions, facial expression, character... it all comes together splendidly.

It is very nice to finally see an actual "in game" description of a Christmas dragon ! I would have been happy with the Christmas dragons keeping their common description on their view pages, and getting the individual ones via the encyclopedia, but since there are no encyclopedia entries for them it is much better to see individual descriptions on the view pages than seeing none at all.

So, many, many thanks, @Fiona & @Odeen ! You created DC's first Christmas fairytale dragon (well, in my eyes) ! ;)

And just as a funny sidenote: Earlier in the thread I read things like "far back when" and "long ago" and such terms, regarding the tradition to decorate Christmas wreaths and Christmas trees with actual candles. Well, the Christmas tree in our living room is right now giving off the warm and homely glow that only real candles can give (and the warmth and special smell, too). If you pick a freshly hewn tree shortly before the holiday, mount the candles with care, and stay in the room while they are burning (or extinguish them if you go), there is no security issue at all for at least one week. (Even if the candle flames get to the needles there isn't a flame/fire, the needles in question only glow off. The trick really is to get a fresh tree that hasn't already dried out for a week or more before you even put it in the house...) Usually we have our Christmas tree in the house from December 24th till January 6th (Three King's Day, a traditional date in our parts here to get rid of your Christmas tree), and use real candles all the time through, without ever having encountered more than singed twigs. (And a smouldering blanket that someone put over the backrest of a chair, which was shoved back against a candle on the tree when they wanted to make way for some big present. Threw the blanket out the window on the lawn an put a pitcher of water on it, that was that.)

21 minutes ago, Fabula said:

It's exciting to be able to breed 2G Hollykin! I'm also gonna try for a 2G Alt Black from my Hollies. :wub: I think that'd be pretty dang awesome! Let it rain 2G alt fails from Hollies for the next year! lol

Me too!  I've been wanting a mate for him for yonks - now I can breed my own!  :D

Neither of my hollies were very productive this week, but I will definitely be trying out my garlands when they grow up.  I hope one day I can win a gold shimmer or tinsel so I can do that pairing like I saw in the breeding thread.