Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

1 minute ago, Zylara said:

I am pretty sure we were around 80/90% last night at midnight DC time...so yes we are very far behind tonight. I even had a timer going for every 16 minutes to submit another hard puzzle for fire. Been a snail climbing all day.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was around that last night. Definitely much farther behind tonight. I doubt the next chapter will be unlocked before I go to bed, which it did get unlocked before I went to bed last night.

On a side note..ugh why is there no 2G Aegis x Winter seasonals in the AP? :lol: Is that just not a thing at all? lol

Also @Twimm Wow I'm surprised those names weren't taken! I haven't decided on names for mine.

Just now, casprrr said:

Entered another hard puzzle and still sitting at only 63 percent.

Yeah I just completed another hard puzzle myself. I'm only doing hard puzzles myself now that I've got the hang of it. I wonder how much easy, medium and hard puzzles are worth each toward the mana bar?

Add another person who just entered in a hard puzzle and it's still 63 percent. Mrf.

@Fabula they added extra characters around the names. I wonder if we’ll ever get the ability to snag names off long inactive scrolls... I feel a lot of great ones are basically dead right now, bleh. XD

I’ll admit I was a bit relieved to see a simpler event this year; the RPG ones had an incredible amount of work put into them and were pretty awesome to behold, but they also took more time to play during a very busy time of year and were rather glitch prone. (Man, loved decorating my house last year, though :D AC meets DC!). That being said, while the story is cute, it is a bit boring compared to most events. The Halloween event this year was fairly simple, but also completely adorable and gave good motivation to come back. Whereas this time I’m not sure if filling out warm submissions is even doing anything to impact the story. Ah well. XD

(Ironically, though, my fave DC event ever was a text one—the lovely original Halloween event! Mmm, can’t go wrong with old fashioned haunted castle stories. <3 A choose your own adventure with clues to find and multiple paths and a mystery to solve is more engaging than a story about Christmas decorating, though... although of course also much more work! Man that was a good time :D )

I just realized that TJ's babies will be grown up by the time I get up in the morning!

@angelicdragonpuppy

Oh now if this was a choose your own adventure kind of text based thing, I would have loved that. Pretty sure there was one of those since I've been around? Not sure though. Anyway isn't there already a thing in place that if someone isn't logged into their scroll for x amount of weeks, someone else can take the names from their dragons?

I know for a fact Red Pyramid Thing had been taken before. (Tried to name one of my Caligene dragons that when they were first released) When I tried again recently, I got it.

Not anymore, Fabula. It used to be that way, but it stopped being a thing some time ago.  It's possible someone just changed the name.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I couldn't contribute to the game today. Our eldest cat went missing sometimes between last night and the past morning. I didn't go to sleep until noon my time... Oi... -__- He is still missing, it is cold out and he is 13 years old.

1 minute ago, Lurhstaap said:

Not anymore, Fabula. It used to be that way, but it stopped being a thing some time ago.  It's possible someone just changed the name.

Oh, really? Why did it stop being a thing? And they must have changed it if that's no longer a thing.

Just now, Fabula said:

Oh, really? Why did it stop being a thing? And they must have changed it if that's no longer a thing.

I don't recall exactly. I think it was due to people complaining, basically, and how common it is for people to leave and come back, leave and come back. There was some talk of adding a mechanism by which names could be SELECTIVELY taken from inactive players (as opposed to inactive players losing EVERYTHING whether anyone else wanted it or not) but so far that has yet to come into being.

I just submitted a hard puzzle, it's 65% now :D

for a game that's about fire vs ice, there little to no competition since people are very busy with the holidays  

1 hour ago, arjunvohra said:

I saw this message, and decided to try and summon a guardian... and it worked!

RNG is being nice

It worked for me as well 0.o Great end of the year gift!

Can anyone explain the meter to me? It says 65% full when I hover over it, but it looks much higher than that? So I think I'm misreading it? Also, does the blue colour mean anything? and the little blue and green dots? 

4 minutes ago, AppleMango said:

Can anyone explain the meter to me? It says 65% full when I hover over it, but it looks much higher than that? So I think I'm misreading it? Also, does the blue colour mean anything? and the little blue and green dots? 

Well I know the blue color means that ice is winning. I don't know what the dots are for, other than simple decoration? And if you look closely you can see where the blue of the bar ends and the gray begins. Looks pretty accurate I think?

@AppleMango

My sentiments exactly😄

This meter should be easier to view, imo.  The dots?  Just part of the graphics.  I don't think they change with progress.  

What I'd like to know is, how often does the meter update?  After every player submits a finished game?  Or is it like totaled after a certain time, and then the meter is updated?  Another feature would be to see how many players are currently puzzling live.

@Fabula @jerzeeshadow

Thank you :)

I didn't realise the white was part of the decoration, so I thought we just had to fill the little grey bit at the end, so that's why I was confused. :)

I haven't seen the bar empty so I thought maybe the dots meant something :P

2 minutes ago, Fabula said:

@AppleMango You're welcome. ^.^ The dots are the same whether the bar is empty or full so I don't imagine they're anything more then decoration on the bar.

Have we seen the bar red? Is that why we know it means ice is winning? 

Just now, AppleMango said:

Have we seen the bar red? Is that why we know it means ice is winning? 

The bar hasn't been red yet but TJ confirmed earlier that blue means ice is winning. It would be red if fire was winning.

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

The bar hasn't been red yet but TJ confirmed earlier that blue means ice is winning. It would be red if fire was winning.

Oh okay :) Thanks again :)