Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Yeah, I think this event is a little repetitive as compared to the past years. Since it's just doing the same kind of puzzles every day, the fad is going to die off, so progress will only get slower and slower. It's a nice change from the usual, but a little boring compared to the awesome RPGs we've had in the past. 

6 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

I'm struggling with these. Not the greatest at tetris and the 15 minute interval limits are what make me forget. I'll do one and then come back 8 hours later, oops. Only been submitting for fire. With all due respect to the creators of this event, I think that 12 days is a bit long for this sort of thing. I honestly haven't read any of the story, because that kind of thing isn't my cup of tea. I miss the decorating events. I keep doing puzzles here and there, because I want to help unlock the story for others but I have no personal interest in this event. Like I said, 12 days for this seems way too long. Tetris was never that fun to me to begin with.

I agree with you. I've not actually read the story itself, but I do hope it gets unlocked for those that do read it and I've been playing when I remember to help out in unlocking the chapters. I wish it was a decorating event, or even the RPG event. Those are fun for me personally.

Just now, Fabula said:

I agree with you. I've not actually read the story itself, but I do hope it gets unlocked for those that do read it and I've been playing when I remember to help out in unlocking the chapters. I wish it was a decorating event, or even the RPG event. Those are fun for me personally.

That first RPG was so amazing! I miss the snow fort event too. I had mine decorated with little snow gardens :D Still, I am in love with these new Christmas dragons. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Honestly, this event isn't my favorite either. I like that it's different and puzzles can be fun, but we have yet to see the fire bar and it's day four. We've also already slowed way down progress-wise, which doesn't make things look good for the coming days. There's no variety either. I know some people like reading a new chapter everyday, but I'm not personally interested by text rewards and would rather have seen a decorating event. Oh well. I'm still thankful for all the work that was put into it. 

Just now, lucidapple said:

That first RPG was so amazing! I miss the snow fort event too. I had mine decorated with little snow gardens :D Still, I am in love with these new Christmas dragons. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

The only decorating event I've been able to participate in was that one Valentine's one, Dragon Matchmaking in 2015. I had so much fun! Also I totally love the new Holiday dragons. I'm sad I'll be in bed when they grow up. :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Honestly, this event isn't my favorite either. I like that it's different and puzzles can be fun, but we have yet to see the fire bar and it's day four. We've also already slowed way down progress-wise, which doesn't make things look good for the coming days. There's no variety either. I know some people like reading a new chapter everyday, but I'm not personally interested by text rewards and would rather have seen a decorating event. Oh well. I'm still thankful for all the work that was put into it. 

Yes, exactly! I'm grateful as well towards all the effort that was put into making this event for us (past ones included!)

2 minutes ago, Fabula said:

The only decorating event I've been able to participate in was that one Valentine's one, Dragon Matchmaking in 2015. I had so much fun! Also I totally love the new Holiday dragons. I'm sad I'll be in bed when they grow up. :lol:

Oh man, that Valentine's day one was so fun! I love going back and checking out my cave :D

3 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Oh I am definitely thankful for all the work everyone puts into these events, regardless if it's my favorite kind or not. :) And eventually I'm sure I'll go back and read all the stories that have been done to catch myself up. (You can go and read the stories that have been done in the past, right?)

1 minute ago, Zylara said:

Most can be found on the wiki if not on DC itself.

The stories done for events like this? Oh good. ^_^

25 minutes ago, Zylara said:

All this fire and ice talk going on...maybe GRRM will get his book finished!

I really hope so, I want to know what happens next! The wait feels like an eternity :)

The bar is hardly moving today! 

Will we complete it before 12 am?

We've got like 30 min... I don't think we are getting the epilogue today.

Participation has really waned.

25 minutes ago, Fabula said:

The stories done for events like this? Oh good. ^_^

Found it...took me a few to make sure the links show everything in cluding the story pages.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Holiday_Event_Timeline

25 minutes ago, Snowbloom said:

I really hope so, I want to know what happens next! The wait feels like an eternity :)

Thats because it has only been years he has been working on the "Winds of Winter" book, longer then any other book wait from him. The one on hbo has chopped the story up into its own story now, which I think will be completely different from his book.

14 minutes ago, orphaned said:

the epilogue is unlocked BUT will not be available until the very end of the story ...

Based  on yesterday, it looks like every chapter has an epilogue to be unlocked.

Huh, so until we fill the meter, we won't be able to move foward with the story.

Good to know.

5 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Huh, so until we fill the meter, we won't be able to move foward with the story.

Good to know.

Happened yesterday, too, which is probably why we're behind. O.O Hopefully @TJ09 takes note of the woeful lack of progress on the userbase's part and makes some adjustments to the meter filling speed.

Chapter 4 won't unlock until we fill the meter and right now we are only at 61%. I'm pretty sure that is farther behind than we were last night.

I do appreciate the work that has gone into this event, but I just think it lacks anything to really keep us engaged. The puzzles get kind of boring after awhile and with only the text story there is really nothing else to do.

11 hours ago, EmmaD333 said:

OHH, I just realized the second code was "Garland" with no vowels. This whole time I've been reading it as the word "Grind." 

Heh I feel really dumb, but a garland dragon sounds amazing! 

On another note, I cannot BELIEVE my luck. I'm somehow sitting here looking at a complete set of CB Christmas dragons, a holly descended from a Thuwed, 

and my third and final Guardian of Nature, which I randomly decided to summon. I didn't think it would work!!!

I saw this message, and decided to try and summon a guardian... and it worked!

RNG is being nice

I am pretty sure we were around 80/90% last night at midnight DC time...so yes we are very far behind tonight. I even had a timer going for every 16 minutes to submit another hard puzzle for fire. Been a snail climbing all day.