Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

I HATE not knowing the ending.

PLEASE put the story back up.

In case people are wondering what took so long for it to fill these last few days here is a clue:

1. The event was started way later then it should have been. I should have been reading about the final festivities on Christmas Eve, not the 5th of January, it felt totally misplaced in time, and after the new year it became out of season.

2. The puzzles actually started to glitch, making it hard to place the pieces unless you were very patient. Thankfully we Dragon Cave folk tend to patient with the site, but still.

3. As of the 3rd of January, it was back to work for me, so my time to do the puzzles was limited, I imagine there are others with similar reasons.

Darn I came to check on the event a little too late then. ^^' I'm guessing we weren't able to finish it from what everyone's been saying, was the bar never filled for the epilogue?

@Marie19R

On 12/29/2017 at 7:21 AM, Shajana said:

Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

That one is the fire Meter:

full_by_nyriana-dbxikfi.png

empty_by_nyriana-dbxikg7.png

I'm rather late, was the Epilogue not unlocked at all?

Hour and thirty minutes late, but Friday evening - nights are often family oriented so I don't get on until later than usual... and I see I am not the only one who missed out. Those actually waiting missed out. Oh, such joy. Hopefully, TJ will put it back up for one more day?

My reasons of puzzle failure:

1. Ill and in a brain fog half end of December with moments of deep depression and irrational fears to fight. Oh, and a person who factors into my PTSD visited for an entire week.

2. I don't use phones, so all of you who talk about being able to check DC on their phone obviously discount people who don't live with a smart phone glued to their hand or ear.

3. Feeling healthier, but still fighting a ton of emotional crap... which apparently made me no longer able to do the hard puzzles with ease... -__-

Edited by Nyxity

Thanks @purpledragonclaw!

Yeah, I've been sick for the better part of 2 weeks now, which definitely screwed with my concentration when doing puzzles. And though I only work 2 days a week, I also had errands to do that *had* to be done, which cut into my puzzle-time even more. I don't mind the event starting and going later then it used to, but it does mean that many people have to get back to 'normal' life and probably didn't have as much time to do puzzles. I wish that, when it became apparent we weren't unlocking the chapters on-time, things would've been tweaked so puzzles counted for more towards the bar (or we didn't have to wait 15 minutes!).

Edited by Marie19R

I missed the end of the event, so I didn't get to read how the story ended. :(  I got up through day 12 before the epilogue, and now it's over.

Pft. Here I was going to check and see if the final epilogue got unlocked... guess we failed.

'course, I know that I slowed my roll massively with puzzle submissions when it became obvious that fire would never come close to winning a single day - while I still maintained true to fire, it definitely squelched the enthusiasm, and I got back to watching Yowamushi Pedal season 3 with my little girl instead of submitting puzzles every 15 mins LOL Kind of disappointing. Oh well. Hopefully they'll released those epilogues for the glorious red bar that we /never/ got to see, and perhaps even the chapter 12 epilogue.

Really disappointing that we just miss out on the chapter 12 epilogue.

The badge still has a link - hopefully we at least get the stories there. Technically speaking, it is the 12th day of Christmas today - Epiphany.  So I almost think we should have today to finish the story...

@mpolo There have been quite a few times when badges kept a link that was no longer active simply because nobody realised that it hadn't been changed, so I'm not sure whether that is any kind of indicator... I'd definitely like to read the day 12 epilogue though!

5 minutes ago, mpolo said:

[....] Technically speaking, it is the 12th day of Christmas today - Epiphany.  So I almost think we should have today to finish the story...

exactly.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

What day is it where you are? Cave time, it is the Sixth. The 12 Days of Christmas start on Christmas Day and last until the evening of the 5th January.

It's the 6th, which is traditionally the 'Twelfth Night'. I don't know if Christmas Day itself doesn't count in that calculation or what... Christians celebrate the arrival of the three wise men today. Well actually in a lot of the world it gets put off until Sunday, and the Orthodox calendar is different. 

Well this thread will probably be closed by the time I wake up in the morning, since the event is now over (*pouts*), so I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this such a wonderful, fun, addicting event! Thanks also to everyone on Team Fire, we put up a great fight despite the prevalence of the blue bar! I had so much fun!

I checked the story a few hours ago and the meter was on 41%. Now I can't find the page it just seems to have poofed... can anbody post the epilogue?

Just now, theonewhoseeks said:

I checked the story a few hours ago and the meter was on 41%. Now I can't find the page it just seems to have poofed... can anbody post the epilogue?

It wasn't unlocked. The bar wasn't filled all the way in time.

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

It wasn't unlocked. The bar wasn't filled all the way in time.

That sucks.

So, we won't know the end of the final chapter?!

I'll say it again, that SUCKS. :(

14 minutes ago, mpolo said:

It's the 6th, which is traditionally the 'Twelfth Night'. I don't know if Christmas Day itself doesn't count in that calculation or what... Christians celebrate the arrival of the three wise men today. Well actually in a lot of the world it gets put off until Sunday, and the Orthodox calendar is different. 

Huh. I'm afraid I'm not well-versed in Christianity, though I know about it best out of the ones I looked into. I seem to fall under "Omnism". I know today is the Epiphany, but If you count from the 25th (including Christmas Day) Twelves days end on the 5th... Thus, it sort of confuses me as to how the 6th falls into the Twelve Days and not in its own, but corresponding, category... I shall need to ask my mother about this information next I see her. If I can remember to...

I just saw these posts and wanted to say something before the thread got locked.

10 hours ago, reddof-f6 said:

for whoever wanted to see what a 50/50 bar looked like.

tnjtnj.png.dba79f07df11134e803555c0dd2a56f7.png

10 hours ago, Shokomon said:

So a 50/50 bar is red.. COME ON GUYS. KEEP IT UP! WE WIN IF IT STAYS BREAK EVEN. KEEP GOING!

I've noticed that when it comes to percentages, Dragon Cave likes to round its numbers. I've seen a 50/50 blue bar previously, so in this case, I think that fire may have been winning by an infinitesimal amount. Or perhaps the bar was just the colour that was winning previously. Either way, though, we can't be certain from that instance alone that a 50/50 bar is red by default.