TerraAnne

ANSWERED:Can't breed newly aged adult holiday dragons?

I just unfogged my first batch of hatchies since I woke up and could keep an eye on them. I was waiting for my first group to age up since they were all gendered, and right after I unfogged them most became adults. Woo! however when I went to do some last minute pairings to breed them every single one says that I have to wait two days because they've already been bred. Is this a glitch or are they not supposed to be bred as soon as they become adults? I was really hoping to get a mate for one of my hard to get things.

Here's just one picture of what the actions page looks like on one of my newly grown dragons. Again I have not bred them at all yet. :/ slightproblem.thumb.PNG.ac7af635af6ec16ceff899559e5bfc07.PNG

This has been the case with holidays for years. TJ only wants one new generation of Holidays per year, so any that grow up while the season is still going are set to be unbreedable until it ends.

Oh dang I didn't know that. :( I guess I have to wait another year for those two holiday mates I needed.

edit: sorry about the stupid question.  XD

Edited by TerraAnne

It's not stupid, after all, the actual situation isn't stated anywhere on site, as far as I know. Unless it's hidden somewhere? ;)

And besides, once upon a time, it was possible to breed a holiday dragon right after it grew up. The last time that was possible was... Winter 2009, I think?

Lol it would be right after I poofed in 2009 then. I'm just surprised I hadn't tried breeding one of my newer halloween cb's when they were adults back when it was still during that halloween event and found out about this early.

23 minutes ago, olympe said:

It's not stupid, after all, the actual situation isn't stated anywhere on site, as far as I know. Unless it's hidden somewhere? ;)

And besides, once upon a time, it was possible to breed a holiday dragon right after it grew up. The last time that was possible was... Winter 2009, I think?

There was a Wrapping Wing glitch that allowed exactly that, in 2013. c:

Somehow, I managed to miss that.

But seriously, back then it was "normal" that, in theory, you could have raised bred dragons and produced more offspring with them. Considering that eggs hatched at a random time between 4 days and 3 days left, and hatchlings grew up with the same randomness (and usually way after the 4 day mark), it was pretty uncommon to be able to put it off. However, with the introduction of the Incubate BSA, things changed. (I don't know when Incubate was added to the game - but probably earlier in 2009?) 

1 hour ago, olympe said:

(I don't know when Incubate was added to the game - but probably earlier in 2009?) 

June 10, 2011