LibbyLishly

Holly and Yulebuck Breeding Plans

So, now that the DC Gods (*cough* Thanks TJ! *cough*) have decided to give us the ability to catch all the old CB holiday dragons and we're all getting the chance to catch Yulebucks and Hollies: what are YOU planning to do with yours?

I'm on mobile, so I can't edit in the lineage templates, so if someone beats me to it that's great. Templates posted by Confused Cat in the second post!

I'm planning to start a Yulebuck x Blue-Banded lineage next year (I actually have a starter given to me in 2014)  and a Yulebuck x Almerald. No plans yet for the Hollies.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Green Gemshards, Frills, Gold Lunar Heralds, and Arias are going to be the first mates I'm working with.

Gaia Xenos are the first ones I'm gonna checker with Hollies.

Dunno about Bucks. Perhaps I'll start with Frills?

I think they look splendid with Green Fire Gems. :) I don't think I have time, tonight, to dump a load of Holly lineages here but here's one I found with Spinels:

BZCDcng.png

Edited by lovecats99

I will do Holly x Silver / Ice / Thunder checkers, just because I like those, I already own checkers with Gold and Magma

I did Yulebuck x Azure Glacewing this year, next year I'm planning on Holly x Flamingo and Holly x Glacewing. Still hard to believe so many of us can make our own Holly checkers now! XD

Hm... Hopefully I'll remember this next year. The Frills look so great with both breeds! <3

I can actually do a Holly x Frill perfect checker now. What a couple of years it's been.

8 minutes ago, Miral said:

I can actually do a Holly x Frill perfect checker now. What a couple of years it's been.

Holly x Frill is basically the perfect lineage for memorializing harder times. :D

Next year I'll actually be in the interesting position of being able to create a 2G PB Holly. I rather like Gold Lunar x Holly, though, so that is likely what I'll start. 

I think I will try a Yulebuck/Swallowtail cross to make a mate for her.

Edited by sfts

YES! Bring out the holly checkers! All of em!!

I'm really happy that there will finally be a chance to create a mate for this Holly x Red Nebula checker :D it's still one of my favorites

As for newer breeds, Holly x Female Monarch, Holly x Script, and Holly x Gaia all look stunning!

And holly x silver tinsel checker possibilities is really a dream come true but it's not something widely doable yet so we won't speak about thaaaat

...Yulebucks on the other hand are one of those breeds that just don't get a lot of action with me, but someone requested a yulebuck x speckle-throat pairing one year, and I kind of liked it too, so now I have that mini checker that I wouldn't mind expanding on as well haha

I like the Holly x Green Fire Gem the most so far <3

Here are my ideas: Blue Fire Gem, Balloon, Mint, Spessartine, Red Finned Tidal, Chrono, Tri-Color Snow Angel and Sapphire.

I also thought about Shallow Water, like this:

holly.png

Blue Fire Gem:

holly 2.png

Edited by natli

I definitly need to start a holly x frill and a holly x blue fire gem lineage!

Holly x Blue Fire Gem is gorgeous! I just picked up a Yulebuck x Black 2nd gen, and now I really want a Yulebuck x Alt Black (but with cb blacks in the base) checker and it would be so hard to build, but I feel like so pretty!

I caught a holly x frill spiral and was just "wow, this is super pretty." I had already liked Yules with frills (this year was the first year I've gotten to breeding my one yule x frill since frills got re-released. I had just caught it and kept it because it was pretty...)

Another good checker idea based off an existing Holly lineage is with Bright Breasted Wyverns. Love that combo.

Between the holiday crazies, could anyone do a mockup of holly / yule x Almerald? I'd love to see how they'd look.

Really, really, really disappointed that I can't do this, considering my Anagallis obsession:

e7n8TBS.png

But we can't all get what we want. I'm just happy Hollys are back anyways. XD

24 minutes ago, PREDATOR said:

Really, really, really disappointed that I can't do this, considering my Anagallis obsession:

e7n8TBS.png

But we can't all get what we want. I'm just happy Hollys are back anyways. XD

Should be a lot easier to get people to breed you 2nd gens now, though!

Eta: @Confused Cat That Yulebuck x Almerald looks even better than I'd pictured it in my head. Cannot wait to get started.

Edited by LibbyLishly