Sign in to follow this  
bluedog

Why are top of the hour drops starting so late?

I've noticed for the last day that top of the hour drops aren't starting at __:00, but sometimes at least 30 seconds late. A few times it's been at least one (1) minute after the hour. There are reports in the Holiday thread in News that some drops haven't started until 1 minute and 30 seconds after the hour. The drops seem to end as quickly though, which means fewer eggs at the top of the hour drops. That's not right, and not fair. The :05, :10, :15, etc, drops do start on time, but with maybe six (6) eggs dropping, they are gone in a blink of an eye. I know that many users are hoping that these issues will be brought to TJ's attention so that he can fix them, hopefully. 

Edited by bluedog

The 12:30 drop just now lasted no time at all.  It seems like a drop 10 minutes ago never came, and over the last 12 hours, plenty of drops are coming 1 or 2 minutes late.  The holiday biome drop has some problems.  The funny thing is--the viewers on the page are half what they were the first two days.  So it doesn't seem like a "too many viewers" problem.

I remember that the same thing was true at Halloween. Hourly drops did not start until about a minute after the hour. I haven't done much cave hunting since then, so I'm not sure if it happens all the time or if it is just at holiday times for some unknown reason.

It might just be that the holiday egg generation takes place after all the other hourly works are done.

Looks like the drops never even started this hour.  If there was ever a sign I should stop and go to bed, this is it!  :s

7 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Looks like the drops never even started this hour.  If there was ever a sign I should stop and go to bed, this is it!  :s

That would explain why there's nothing on the 5-minute drops.  Apparently if the top-of-the-hour drop doesn't happen, then none of the 5-minute drops will happen.  This happened several times during Halloween (including for the new release dragons - don't wait till the last minute to collect anything important, or they might not be dropping anymore!)

This really frustrates me, honestly. It's not just a random hiccup either, because every single hour drop I've been on DC for in the last two days has started late. Most of the time it's 1 minute or more late. It's very, very annoying. And it's not my clock being off because the DC clock shows :01 by the time any eggs show up. I wonder if perhaps the DC clock itself is off? Otherwise it's simply the drops starting an entire 60-90 seconds late, and.... Why?? The hour drops are normal during non-holidays, so why is it wonky now? Is holiday egg generation really that much harder then regular egg generation?

I'm pretty sure the 8:00 drop didn't reset, it lasted about 30 seconds and nothing showed up for the 8:05 drop :/ a real bummer..

Edit: the hour drop seems to have started at 8:30

Edited by Kaekaz

I was watching over Andrew's shoulder as he hunted this round. It took about 30 seconds for the drop to start. Then, about 15 seconds later, there was major lag that lasted half a minute. The working drop itself lasted another minute after that. Miraculously, he managed to catch a Holly. We both gasped when it actually appeared for him. But these drops are flying by at light speed.

Sign in to follow this