lainey_lane03

Drops going WAY too fast

Was something adjusted in the holiday cave? Yesterday with 200+ people they would last at least a minute. But now with just a few over a hundred the eggs are only lasting for one refresh. And the hourly goes just as fast. I don't want to be pessimistic but it makes me think something isn't right - people using cheat methods or something. 

I'm thirding this. However to me I've only seen four to six eggs in the last five drops, though one drop had nothing at all.

I see them. I can't catch a thing as my internet has fallen over - but I think as word gets around about the biome, it has become WAY more popular.

Also everyone who lost eggs because of the EATW thing will be catching new ones...

I guess that's true. I've never seen it like this though. And with so fewer people. Day two isn't usually this hard. And there seem to be fewer dropping. 

Drops depend on the number of people online around the time of generation, if I recall correctly. So if at the top of the hour not many people were present, that may be the reason?

But there's like, 100 people around the holiday biome and the thing is that the drops are like exactly one second. All it takes for me is one refresh and all eggs are gone.

There were 120 something people at the top of the hour. How is that few people?

edit:

I reread this and see it could be taken wrongly. Please know I am saying this while laughing jokingly.

Edited by TerraAnne

Yeah, honestly, it does seem weird. I'm on a new, fast laptop on a new, fast connection. I should have my Hollies by now. But no dice. I'm having real trouble catching ANYTHING that isn't the three most recent (which of course I already have). I can see that it's probably just people replacing what they've lost, and new people coming in as they hear about it... but... I dunno. It really does seem like there are fewer eggs in the drops.

Cheer up. My INTERNET won't let me catch ANYTHING ! I just hope it is sorted by Christmas Day, or I shall have to resort to Starbucks - 25 miles away !

It's over 900 people online and over 100 in the holiday biome. It's a lot.

The drops are way too small all the time something its released but this sounds beyond bad.

A few specific ones seemed to be dropping at a higher rate than others (I have yet to see a Holly, though I know others have, but I have seen a ton of Aegis and Wrapping Wing). I know I caught all of those in the first three hours, so as I watched the biome after, I was refreshing waiting for new ones to pop up. I kind of felt like everyone else may have done the same, and that's why they were lasting so long - most people waiting already had the ones dropping.

I was able to snag a Holly and Yulebuck at the hourly drop, the drops lasted for a few minutes, but they seem to fly by at the 5 minute shuffles. Couldn't find anything earlier, and the shuffles were one-two refreshes and gone. I have fast internet and even faster computer, so it's a little bizarre to see the shuffles just poof.

On the other hand, there's seemed to be a LOT less Snows in the biome. Perhaps the Snows were adjusted to be less prevalent, but without the extra Snows padding the biome everything else is getting snapped up faster?

I've seen plenty of Hollies go by, and some of my friends have had luck catching one. My ex has both of his, lucky lol I have noticed that there are fewer Snows. I can't tell if it's a deliberate adjustment or just ratios.

My housemate is having no luck catching Hollies (the only ones we missed because we joined in Fall '08). I was astonishingly lucky yesterday, but today's drops are insanely short, especially given that 100+ people are sitting in the drop area. Andrew says the top-of-the-hour drop cleared out in 4 minutes, and none of the 5-minute drops last even a minute. It seems like the supply is nowhere near the level of demand, and as a side concern, it's now getting harder to find bred eggs in the AP, because so many CB non-Hollies are getting dumped in there. Half the time, I can't even pick up an egg in the AP now. Could some mechanism be put in place so that if a CB holiday egg is abandoned, it gets rotated back into the Holiday biome instead of the AP?

17 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Could some mechanism be put in place so that if a CB holiday egg is abandoned, it gets rotated back into the Holiday biome instead of the AP?

I'd like to see that, maybe suggest it? 

The drops other than the top of the hour are going so fast that some users don't even see eggs. :( Can't try to catch what one can't see.

It seems like there are far fewer 2106 Holiday eggs--maybe they kept things slower, and with fewer of them, the rest are snapped up sooner.  That's the only thing I can think of.

Reposting from the news thread:

22 minutes ago, TJ09 said:
4 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

We know @TJ09 was working on the ratios so that more of the old holidays would drop than the newer ones. It wouldn't surprise me if this was related. That would mean he's still tweaking, so theoretically he'll fix this very soon? I hope?

The number of eggs made does vary a little bit with how many people are online, but I'm not seeing any significant fluctuations recently.

It's probably just a sign that things are working and the Holiday biome is dropping more eggs people want rather than eggs that everyone has, which would sit around longer because fewer people can grab them.

I literally just grabbed a CB Wrapping-wing so the drops aren't straight-up nonexistent, people with good internet are probably just snatching things at a ridiculous speed. I've see Snows and Aegises sit for a decent amount of time, presumably since most active players already have their 2.

Not non-existent, but over waaaaaay too soon.  I mean, one refresh at the 5-minute drop and they're gone?!  I think there needs to be more tweaking done.