Lord Shadow the Hedgehog

ANSWERED:Unexpected Egg death?

I've heard from time to time that malicious egg viewbombing can occur. But I don't know how to identify it or if this is even it. Could be there's more people using the site than I remember. I have been on semi-hiatus.

Basically I just checked my scroll and six of my eight eggs have suddenly died of Soft Shell. I waited a full 24 hours before placing them in Eggs Around The World, and placed all of them in THAT site and no other. All eggs were the same age (give or take about 15 minutes) save one that was a full hour and a half older and came from the cave before Holiday breeding began. I have since hidden my scroll completely as the remaining two eggs are still healthy and I'll keep a close eye on them. I've included a screenshot of the carnage. Can anyone help me figure out what the heck happened? If this is the result of some vindictive player, is there some place I should go to report it?

b8lrig.png

EATW was being view bombed so it was taken offline when the owner found out. Check the other threads in here mentioning that same problem.  I's super sorry about your poor eggs. :(  

Someone bombed EATW itself. Normally the site has 50-100 people viewing eggs at a time. It had, at the highest I saw it, over 1,700 people viewing. Any eggs put in there received massive amounts of views and unique views, far more than normal.

There are several toppings regarding this here and  here and people discussing it in the News and TLQ..

Someone targeted EATW

That is very troubling, but at the same time I have one surviving holiday egg which has about 600 fewer views than all the rest on my scroll despite being the same age as the other holidays and added at the same time. It is not sick. Nor is my Zyumorph egg sick.

@Lord Shadow the Hedgehog

EATW itself is being viewbombed - someone added it to a visitor exchsnge site. In addition, someone or multiple someones are going around and adding scrolls to various hatcheries. I recommend fogging  eggs till the 4d mark, hatching, refogging, and unfogging to let them grow. Also fog hatchies till you grow them when they're under 4d.