NoxRiddle

Egg died in HALF AN HOUR????

8 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

but they really should have taken the site offline.

Looks like they did. Now I can't add the one egg I *want* instahatched. All I get is

scroll_error_name

edit:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Watch out using EATW! I had this happen to me, too. So now I watch out while it collects Views and UVs.

I love it how early and fast they hatch, but you can't leave the Eggs alone on EATW anymore.

It once used to be like that. Then the viewbombing stopped and now its extreme.

One of my bred Hollies ( I don't have any CB yet) and a bred silver as well as all my other eggs are getting views/etc without putting them anywhere.

12 minutes ago, Ramica said:

One of my bred Hollies ( I don't have any CB yet) and a bred silver as well as all my other eggs are getting views/etc without putting them anywhere.

Someone else probably did it for you. Fog all of them until they're close to 4 days.

I just happened to me as well. Lost 2 out of my 4 eggs. I'm not happy about this at all, but I doubt there is anything we can do about it now. :(

Here to join the viewbomb party. Lost all 8 of my eggs, 3 of which I bred and really needed for lineages. Another one which I traded for and needed for lineages. It all happened in the span of about an hour last night - eggs suddenly got 1,000 views and I immediately fogged and used ward on all of them. Woke up and found all of them dead.

I'm sorry about other people's lost eggs/hatchies, too. :(

(quoted the wrong person sorry, )

Had this problem too but with all my christmas eggs. I hadn't added them anywhere yet though I did use my reds on them, and this morning I wake up to find one sick and all of them with a decent number of views. We're probably being view bombed by someone.

2nd edit:

I must have caught mine just in time as after five minutes of being fogged it is no longer sick. yay ^-^

Edited by TerraAnne
quoted wrong person

This is also the only time I've ever had an egg that was fogged still die. I took it down from all the hatcheries and fogged it and it still died. I thought when fogged they weren't supposed to get views or clicks?

Since there are these bad people eager to kill eggs around I suggest to always fog your eggs when you are going to sleep / be away from the pc for some hours :(

8 minutes ago, NoxRiddle said:

This is also the only time I've ever had an egg that was fogged still die. I took it down from all the hatcheries and fogged it and it still died. I thought when fogged they weren't supposed to get views or clicks?

They will no longer gain views or clicks, but sometimes, fogging them just isn't enough- they'll still die from their sickness if they were too far gone. There isn't really a 'they'll die now' point where it happens immediately; sometimes it takes a little while for them to actually die, and nothing we can do will save them :<

I noticed my eggs all spike in views very quickly a few days ago, and some of my hatchlings shot up to 10k views before I fogged everything; thankfully I didn't lose anything, but as holiday eggs are happening now, very sad to think about everyone who hasn't been so lucky losing something they've been waiting for since last breeding season. 

Seriously, we need to spread the word as far and wide as possible. Not everyone looks at every thread in the Help section, but maybe we can achieve something with our signatures? (See mine...)

Sadly, even avoiding EATW is no guarantee that your eggs will be safe. Unless your eggs are fogged someone else can still add them anywhere they want. :( I lost a very nice bred Holly that way. And the CB one I was given by a very generous user is still sick after more than 12 hours and I fear that it could still die. I had put those eggs on no fansites at all!

Well, I wasn't only talking about spreading the word about EATW (which is currently out of order anyway), but also about the viewbombing.

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, I wasn't only talking about spreading the word about EATW (which is currently out of order anyway), but also about the viewbombing.

Since EATW is disabled for now, they will probably use somewhere else, tho it might not be as extreme.   It's pretty obvious that some person or persons enjoy making others miserable.  The best advice is to fog and keep your scroll hidden at all times,  (except unhiding when it is time to add to fansites)  

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Seriously, we need to spread the word as far and wide as possible. Not everyone looks at every thread in the Help section, but maybe we can achieve something with our signatures? (See mine...)

Good idea. I've put a warning in mine too, though I'm cursing the mobile formatting tools that don't give me color options. I miss being able to see and directly edit the bbcode.

ETA: Hopped onto the desktop for easier editing. Hopefully it gets the message out to a few more people. Unfortunately, because mobile does not show signatures, this will do nothing for mobile-exclusive users. :(

Edited by LibbyLishly

1 hour ago, Iside said:

Since there are these bad people eager to kill eggs around I suggest to always fog your eggs when you are going to sleep / be away from the pc for some hours :(

Even when they aren't sick if I'm away form the computer for longer than two hours I still fog them. They can get views while I'm online and can watch them whilst unfogged.

1 hour ago, NoxRiddle said:

All of mine died as well. I guess they just got too many views too fast

Oh gosh, I didn't realize this was an issue and put my caveborn new christmas's in EATW. 5 out of the 8 are dead... Just awful. :<

I even fogged them and it didn't work. This is the worst I have ever seen it. Do we know if after 24 hours I will be able to pick up more christmas CB eggs, or will the limit prevent me from that? I sure hope not.

If they died from sickness, you should be able to grab new eggs right away if I'm remembering right?

13 minutes ago, DuskoftheDerps said:

Oh gosh, I didn't realize this was an issue and put my caveborn new christmas's in EATW. 5 out of the 8 are dead... Just awful. :<

I even fogged them and it didn't work. This is the worst I have ever seen it. Do we know if after 24 hours I will be able to pick up more christmas CB eggs, or will the limit prevent me from that? I sure hope not.

My understanding is that eggs killed by sickness do not take up an egg slot anymore l. Try it and see if you can grab new ones, then fog then IMMEDIATELY.

Just now, Terces said:

If they died from sickness, you should be able to grab new eggs right away if I'm remembering right?

That's what I thought.

The question is whether dead eggs still count towards your breed limits, though... Can anyone verify one way or another?

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

The question is whether dead eggs still count towards your breed limits, though... Can anyone verify one way or another?

Limits do not effect dead eggs, and you all were right, you can pick up a new egg immediately if it dies by sickness. Thank you! I would have waited all day to get new ones. Got some new Ribbons.

I'm pretty sure I'm about to lose two of my Christmas eggs. I have them fogged, and I'm going to fog them all before I go to bed, but I think I'm going to lose these two.

What upsets me about the two that I already lost (not Holiday eggs) was that they were already down to 4 days... it didn't protect them. And I really don't come on the site enough to watch them and make sure no one decides to kill them. So I don't know how on earth I'm going to get them all hatched if I have to fog them whenever I can't watch them like an eagle. :/

I am not sure if this has something to with EATW but I will let you know my experience anyway. I only use EATW and added my eggs in hatchery as usual when I knew they are not going to die, I came back to find all my eggs sick and one of them had died already, the first time something died off my scroll due to sickness. I was not being viewbombed as far as I can tell. All eggs had very high UVs. So unless you're sure the site in not playing up, I would suggest switch the hatchery.