JBluewind

Holiday CB Limits

I was wondering if it would be possible for the limit of 2 for Solstice and Aegis to be raised as they have more than one form which is not tied to your scroll (like Snow Angels and Sweetlings). Even raising the limit by one would accomplish this giving people the chance to get the alternative they don't have by using what we know now. Some will obviously use this to get a 3rd just like they already have, but still in my opinion it would help more users than it would hurt.

Also, as a big supporter and lover of lineages, I find myself having a hard time finding people who have an enraged Aegis compared to those who went with two calm. I did this myself to have a second option if I get a refusal. It's made the people available to breed the Enraged variant at the level of finding breeders of a much older holiday. However, having a 3rd CB would negate the risk for people like me increasing the possibility for both holiday and non holiday AP eggs, trades, and lineages.

Obviously it couldn't be done this year as the event is in full swing and the biome is already a madhouse, but perhaps next year it could be considered. It would give TJ time to code. There would be less people scrambling in the biome because they got most of what they needed this year. It could even be done in the future where holidays with alternatives not tied to your scroll could have a limit of 2 CB upon release and a limit of 3 the next year to give people a chance to grab the variants. What do you think? Is it reasonable and would it be possible? 

Edited by JBluewind

Well, unless the holiday cave solstice acts differently than the original release, there's only the one CB form for them. We'll have to see if CB blue solstices exist before talking about raising their limit, I think.

Oh! You might be right Ruby.

Kith, you have a fair point. That's still up in the air. But it still applies to Aegis and future similar dragons.

I agree about the Aegis'. It severely limits Breeding potential , and personally my Scroll Goals would want to include 2 of each form being Caveborn. Hopefully in the future this would be addressed/allowed. :(

9 minutes ago, MhKhu said:

2CBs per breed a year and everyone's content. 

This, so much!

Thank you Kith ^_^

Oh yes Predator. Mine as well. But the way I see it, a good compromise is when both parties can walk away content. We might not get everything we want or be particularly happy with everything, but we won't be unhappy about it. It's a viable option for now and who knows? Maybe later on down the line the limit will be increased by two :)

A fun option MhKhu, but it might be very difficult to code. Person A is allowed 8, person B is allowed 4, person C is allowed 2... it might can be done, but it runs a higher risk of causing glitches because of all the variables and we all know how testy people can get with holiday time glitches and compatibility issues.

Hey Olympe! Long time no see ^_^

Well, the +2/year also has the issue of being maths, as TJ once pointed out. However, a simple solution would be 2 growing things/ breed. Sure, it would give players who freeze them a bit of an edge, and could also lead to some people amassing one certain breed (within limits...) to up to 4/year without trading - but, seriously, I'm fine with that. It's a classical "there's a limit, work with it" situation that I rather enjoy. :)

ETA: And nice to see you, too! 

Edited by olympe