angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Don't count old frozen CB holidays towards the breed limit

Has anyone with frozen hatchlings tried to grab new CBs yet? Maybe TJ already put some sort of coding in place for this.

I am utterly opposed to getting 3rd or 4th CB holidays because people chose to freeze theirs - its entirely unfair to everyone else. I suggest releasing the frozen dragons if you want CB adults, and freeze bred dragons. Copy and paste the descriptions elsewhere and reserve the names.

@Starscream All i'm really asking for is an unfreeze, but would it be so hard to also ignore CBs frozen before 2013? (I wouldn't be for allowing new ones).

I could replace them, but I won't. They wont be the same. They won't have the same codes, or dates, or sentimental value.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Starscream All i'm really asking for is an unfreeze, but would it be so hard to also ignore CBs frozen before 2013? (I wouldn't be for allowing new ones).

I could replace them, but I won't. They wont be the same. They won't have the same codes, or dates, or sentimental value.

An Antifreeze migth be acceptible, but obtaining more like the OP suggests I am totally against.

@Starscream How is having two breedable CB holidays and 1 or more frozen CB holidays unfair? It's functionally identical to having two breedable CBs and one or more frozen lineaged holidays

Edited by Chaos Rider

13 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

@Starscream How is having two breedable CB holidays and 1 or more frozen CB holidays unfair? It's functionally identical to having two breedable CBs and one or more frozen lineaged holidays

Exactly this

I'd love to have this because I froze one of my CBs every year before they removed the limits on non-CB holiday dragons

15 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Well, except for someone else not being able to get one, when you (generic you) can just as easily freeze a bred one.

Just now, Imzadi said:

Well, except for someone else not being able to get one, when you (generic you) can just as easily freeze a bred one.

A CB and a bred frozen function the same. You know what else other people can't get that I have? A CB Frill from the 'cave' Biome. And that actually is functionally different cause you'll get a male Copper's color for breeding with it.

Except that frozen CB holidays don't do anything except exist, same as frozen lineaged holidays. You don't get any in-game advantages (like being able to breed more eggs) from having any extra CBs if they're frozen

Edited by Chaos Rider

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

A CB and a bred frozen function the same. You know what else other people can't get that I have? A CB Frill from the 'cave' Biome. And that actually is functionally different cause you'll get a male Copper's color for breeding with it.

Yes they do "function" the same...what I am saying is if it is very tight, someone freezing a CB could keep  someone else from getting a CB.  They may function the same, but you can't make a lineage of your choosing with a bred adult.  You can freeze all the bred ones you want and since they do nothing, bred is fine.   

Edited by Imzadi

Just now, Imzadi said:

Yes they do "function" the same...what I am saying is if it is very tight, someone freezing a CB could keep  someone else from getting a CB.  They may function the same, but you can't make a lineage of your choosing with a bred adult.  You can freexe all the bred ones you want and since they do nothing, bred is fine.

Well, for one, we have freezing limits. For two, nobody's not going to be able to get something just cause one person froze something.

For three, the suggestion is for it to ignore past frozens. Not any new ones people may create (and they would have no reason to create now).

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Well, for one, we have freezing limits. For two, nobody's not going to be able to get something just cause one person froze something.

For three, the suggestion is for it to ignore past frozens. Not any new ones people may create (and they would have no reason to create now).

You are entitled to feel that way of course.  I happen to think the opposite, so we will have to agree to disagree. :)

I wish that if the answer to if I can salvage my old CB frozens is 'No', that I could at least get that 'No' from the powers that be. Instead, I sit here.

1 hour ago, Imzadi said:

that was exactly what I said.  I feel that they can just get a bred one. I might have worded it badly.

6 hours ago, Imzadi said:

Yes they do "function" the same...what I am saying is if it is very tight, someone freezing a CB could keep  someone else from getting a CB.  They may function the same, but you can't make a lineage of your choosing with a bred adult.  You can freeze all the bred ones you want and since they do nothing, bred is fine.   

? The suggestion is to discount old frozens. Whether I'm allowed to get another CB adult or forced to abandon my frozens to get one, I'm still picking up one more CB from the cave. I'm not sure how you see this negatively hurting other people's chances? The results are the same either way. It's just one doesn't involve me throwing away a described frozen I've grown attached to over the years. Frozens are useless and provide no advantage to the owner, but it would be a nice sentiment to keep them.

I'm not so fond of this idea. You end up with more than 2 CB of that dragon this way. Some of the other options suggested, such as a one-time deal to let old CB frozens grow up, appeal to me more as it preserves the "2 CB holidays" limit.

That said... I don't have a horse in this race. I have never frozen CB holidays, from any holiday. So whatever happens it won't affect me personally. It's not a huge deal to me whatever happens, though I think there should be some consideration given to those who made choices in the past that were affected by past circumstances that are no longer true.

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

? The suggestion is to discount old frozens. Whether I'm allowed to get another CB adult or forced to abandon my frozens to get one, I'm still picking up one more CB from the cave. I'm not sure how you see this negatively hurting other people's chances? The results are the same either way. It's just one doesn't involve me throwing away a described frozen I've grown attached to over the years. Frozens are useless and provide no advantage to the owner, but it would be a nice sentiment to keep them.

Your argument is... odd. You go on about how Frozen hatchies are useless and yet also go on about the sentimentality of them. Those who froze their hatchies and kept them likely see them as more than useless. 

Well, frozens have zero trade value, hence, no practical use. I wouldn't call sentimental value a "use" - would you discard old family photos just because you can make new ones now?

And yet some people "use" hatchies to make "Families" and just to be able to collect the sprites. 

On 12/18/2017 at 4:08 AM, Dragon_Arbock said:

I really don't want to dump mine. I'll probably disadvantage myself and keep them, but if something could be done to let me have both them and a second adult, I'd be happy.

Otherwise, I thought a one-time unfreeze? But not sure which is more likely to happen.

That wouldn't be fair to those of us who have 2 adults, as we can't grab another, even if we wanted to freeze it.

I would support an unfreeze action.

20 hours ago, olympe said:

See, that kind of precedent is exactly what I was worried about, and that's the exact reason why I'm on the fence about this suggestion. Why should people who freeze be able to get a 3rd and even 4th CB holiday of those if us who don't will still be limited to 2 only? DC has never been a game that inherently favors one kind of play style over another, but with this, I feel like it would be. If you want a frozen army of holiday hatchlings, you can just as well freeze bred ones. After all, their lineage doesn't matter at all because you can't work with them anyway.

I agree. This is why I also don't support this.

I would much rather the limit be raised, if it were raised to four we could have two adults and people who freeze could have a s1 and s2, or people that don't can have two extra CB adults. I don't know. But like I said I don't think this is fair because I do think it favours one kind of play style above another as quoted above 

1 hour ago, Nyxity said:

And yet some people "use" hatchies to make "Families" and just to be able to collect the sprites. 

It's still the same amount of work either way. There is no advantage. Let's say you have two CB adults. You want a frozen, you grab a bred and freeze it. If the old frozens were ignored and I want another CB adult, I'd grab one. Someone without any CBs grabs two and freezes a third lineaged one. We all collected three dragons. We all have two CB adults. No one is being disadvantaged or cheated.

I just have sentimental attachments for the reason Ruby Eyes said. Yes, maybe it's silly--but isn't half the point of silly adoptables games to get attached a little to our "pets?"

Christmas is supposed to be about generosity--is letting people keep old frozens, who have no use aside sentiment, REALLY such a horrible thing to allow? We've already missed out on having two useful CBs for years... do we need to be further disadvantaged in having to dump dear old sprites just to grab and replace them with lineaged versions in order to get a second CB?

Just now, AppleMango said:

I agree. This is why I also don't support this.

I would much rather the limit be raised, if it were raised to four we could have two adults and people who freeze could have a s1 and s2, or people that don't can have two extra CB adults. I don't know. But like I said I don't think this is fair because I do think it favours one kind of play style above another as quoted above 

I would understand this if we still had an overall limit but I really can't see how a frozen CB is an advantage over a frozen messy. Frozens don't breed. I would GLADLY just swap lineages between my frozen CB and some random lineaged (messy) adult. Then I'd have 2 CB adults to breed and still have my described, sentimentally valued freezy.

If it could be accomplished I'd say do away with freezies counting towards limits at all - you could collect as many CB frozens as you like and I'd get my 2nd CB adult. (If you are at the adult limit and a 3rd would grow up it would get auto'd). 

So yeah count me as support if we can't get something even better :D

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Actually, ADP,  I can understand  the wish to keep an old frozen CB and still have a second one you can breed.  I'd not mind keeping my frozen 09 Valentine girl, but I'll give her up if I must.  What I was responding to was the statement  "two breedable CB holidays and 1 or more frozen CB holidays"  That implies being able catch and raise + freeze more than 2 as of right now.