TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

saw 5 hollies, I hope some were able to get them :)

i'm taking a break

Edited by meruru

Hey is anyone else seeing that DragHatch is down? Or is it just me? :( It says HostMetro Error loading page. Please submit a ticket to the support team. ?

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

Hey is anyone else seeing that DragHatch is down? Or is it just me? :( It says HostMetro Error loading page. Please submit a ticket to the support team. ?

Yep, it's happening to me too. :( Hope it comes back, soon.

44 minutes ago, dragondoodle said:

I really don't have time to spend every five minutes in the cave getting frustrated.

Story of my life.

1 minute ago, lovecats99 said:

Yep, it's happening to me too. :( Hope it comes back, soon.

Same! I'm egglocked but I have an egg ready to hatch. With how slow all my eggs have hatched up until now I depended on all the hatcheries I use and DragHatch is one of my faves. :(

On 12/20/2017 at 1:26 AM, Ext3h said:
  21 hours ago, anetofstars said:

Don't use Eggs Around the World--it's glitchy, and you may lose eggs.

Not glitchy, "just" under attack. Some 500-1000 additional fake users on the auto viewer turning into an mass view bomb.

EATW is diisabled for now, but it's quite possible that now other hatcheries will take the hit instead.

Just keep everything you have fogged, and only unfogg at the 4 day mark. No other chance for now.

Quoting because people need to know.

Protect your babies.

3 hours ago, Loki.Dottir said:

Same here, I doubt I'm going to have any luck catching those two at this rate, and I don't have much mental strength, free time, or focus, to spend on hunting them anymore with the way things are going both on the site and in my life. I guess it's lucky they're not my favorite types, but I was hoping to have at least one of each for the sake of completion. And I tried incognito and three different devices (My computer, a faster computer,and a tablet) and still no cigar. Kinda sucks. I'll try the AP,maybe. Trade threads are a little rough to search through, or maybe that's just my impatience.-shrugs-

I wish everyone fortune though, and hopefully the game event will go smoother. <3 

Since you're using Chrome, did you turn off images and javascripting in the settings? That's in the Advanced Settings, under Privacy and Security -> Content. settings. HTH!

caught the last cb holidays i needed, in 2 hourly drops.2 yules and 2 hollies.

good luck everyone!

10 hours ago, Renmiri said:

Aww yesss one of each of the old ones and cute codes to boot... Many thanks TJ!

What is this "Raffle Status" on the account page ? Is this new ?

Kinda? I haven’t been around for that long but I can tell you that, aside from transfers and trades, it’s the only way to get the dragons shown on that page

I hope the drops get tweaked again. Too many caveblockers that most people no longer need anymore. A flood of Yulebucks and Hollies would be wonderful. 😁

Folks, don't forget to check out the Christmas trading thread--I got my last CB Holly from there. HTH! (Mods, if this is not okay, please remove or transfer elsewhere on the forums.) 

I love these events. If only I could transcend egg locking. I'm still checking my eggs every 5 mins. I guess nothing is wrong if you only want more of a good thing. :D

This re-release has shown me just how sucky my Firefox is. I routinely have trouble with pages loading and/or freezing, but I always thought it was my computer. But hunting in Chrome (which I just recently downloaded) is like 100% faster and smoother then normal, it doesn't take 30 seconds to load every single page... I'm sorta amazed. All this time I thought my computer just sucked!

Because of switching to Chrome I was able to grab another 2 CB Hollies a few hours ago (literally 2 minutes before I had to leave the house). Will most likely trade those off as well, although I don't know what to ask for anymore because I'm almost at my goals for the Snow Angels and Ribbon Dancers I was collecting.

Oh, and just an fyi, I spent roughly 15 minutes explaining to my peer support person what DragonCave is and why Hollies are so special and wanted. ..... You know you are addicted to DragonCave when everyone on your mental health support team knows tons about it despite never playing it themselves.

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Oh, and just an fyi, I spent roughly 15 minutes explaining to my peer support person what DragonCave is and why Hollies are so special and wanted. ..... You know you are addicted to DragonCave when everyone on your mental health support team knows tons about it despite never playing it themselves.

My parents are involuntarily up on DC releases and holiday events.  This morning I was texting my mom to explain the viewbombing situation.  "Maybe someone was just trying to help and it backfired?"  "No, it was pixellated murder."

Man, I'm really feeling the lack of EATW right now - my eggs are in all my other usual hatcheries, but aren't getting nearly the amount of views I'm used to. 

10 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

My parents are involuntarily up on DC releases and holiday events.  This morning I was texting my mom to explain the viewbombing situation.  "Maybe someone was just trying to help and it backfired?"  "No, it was pixellated murder."

'Pixellated Murder' would be a great name for a zombie. XD 

I've given up on the search for a CB Snow Angel for an all-number code CB Deep sea; I haven't caught one in months!

Edited by lovecats99

Same here, I do miss EATW and its speed hatching a lot now!

15 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

I have now stolen the name "Pixelated Murder" for a Ribbon Dancer in order to commemorate this Christmas's madness...

I can't stop giggling at "pixellated murder"! The viewbombing is no laughing matter but that just sounds so funny.

I've been keeping all my holidays fogged, both eggs and hatchies, just in case any viewbombers come around my scroll. So I didn't even realize that 3 of my eggs were ER-status! They're unfogged and in hatcheries now, but I agree that EATW being down is screwing with stats. I usually use EATW, Silvis, and Allure, and everything hatches and grows with no problem. Now... Ugh. I've replaced EATW with Valley Sherwood for now.

Just now, Marie19R said:

I can't stop giggling at "pixellated murder"! The viewbombing is no laughing matter but that just sounds so funny.

I've been keeping all my holidays fogged, both eggs and hatchies, just in case any viewbombers come around my scroll. So I didn't even realize that 3 of my eggs were ER-status! They're unfogged and in hatcheries now, but I agree that EATW being down is screwing with stats. I usually use EATW, Silvis, and Allure, and everything hatches and grows with no problem. Now... Ugh. I've replaced EATW with Valley Sherwood for now.

A combo of AoND, Silvi's, and Valley Sherwood should hatch ER eggs in about an hour.

2 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Do you think posting on the forums makes you a major target for view bombing? I mean how else would people know about your scroll? Not really you specifically, but anyone. Just a thought that I had...

Even though we can get CB hollies again, it looks like they are all males.  Originally (and in the bred ones), they could be either male or female.  I had so hoped that the new ones would be the same as the old ones.

21 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I have now stolen the name "Pixelated Murder" for a Ribbon Dancer in order to commemorate this Christmas's madness...

Speaking of commemorating, I just threw "Fogfest 2017' and 'I Survived the Grinch' on a pair of hatchies.

17 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Do you think posting on the forums makes you a major target for view bombing? I mean how else would people know about your scroll? Not really you specifically, but anyone. Just a thought that I had...

It's happened in the main forum.  Posting in the Viewbombing thread has gotten people targeted before.  But I don't let it stop me; I just hide my scroll during the holidays and sometimes general releases, and I always fog valuable things for most of their life.  I think of it as basic scroll safety.

Edited by Gryphonic