TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

10 minutes ago, Renmiri said:

Aww yesss one of each of the old ones and cute codes to boot... Many thanks TJ!

What is this "Raffle Status" on the account page ? Is this new ?

That's been there at least the last few months, but I'm not sure when it was added.

13 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

That's been there at least the last few months, but I'm not sure when it was added.

Awesome! Thanks for the answer :)

I'm just curious, is anyone seeing Hollies or Yulebucks in the biome still? I haven't seen any for a while. (Maybe they're just going too fast) I'm gonna try to get at least one of each CB Christmas dragon if I can. 

I see quite a few hollies. but barely any yulebucks, which, of course, is what I need. Oh well, just gotta keep hunting!

Edited by JadeEyedJasmine

I still see them.  The Hollies go really fast, the Yulebucks are sometimes around for a refresh or two. 

I'm not seeing a lot of Snow Angels, and not any good nameish codes on those that I do see.  :(

Edit:  I'm seeing the eggs, but my clicking reflexes are shot tonight.

Edited by Gryphonic

2 hours ago, bluedog said:

So did the glitch in the AP get fixed? People were reporting that they were not able to pick up CB holidays in the AP even though they had no CBs of that breed that they were trying to pick up.

Not really sure on this...there was a help thread and it was reported by a mod, but there were recent reports just a few hours ago. I'd suggest hunting the biomes first.

2 hours ago, Renmiri said:

Aww yesss one of each of the old ones and cute codes to boot... Many thanks TJ!

What is this "Raffle Status" on the account page ? Is this new ?

its been there for a few months. its a monthly raffle you can enter after meeting certain standards like "raise 3 dragons"

Just curious. Why do the Holidays Eggs only "flow" for 30 seconds or less at a time today? I think yesterday happened as well? It's really, really annoying. :( Drives me nuts, as I try to catch a Hollie (already have one, caught by share luck last night, trying to catch a second).

Edited by xyzmary2001

I THINK what happened is TJ tweaked the drop ratios, so we're not getting blocked by as many Snows and Aegises and more of the 'rarer' eggs are appearing.  Therefore the drop goes by quickly because the eggs are getting picked up faster.

I agree, the drops do seem shorter, but they're also moving faster than late the first day/early second day with it's 'frost walls'.

Edited by Gryphonic

Day 5 - still no luck in getting CB Hollies. However, I am happy for those who have got them, and happy for the Hollies I found in the AP and caught. No big deal if I don't get them...there's always next year (hopefully!)

3 hours ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Forever salty that my Snow Angel isn't the Tri-Color variety

Same here, I was extra salty about six years ago since my brother got the tri-color version and he instantly said that it makes him cooler than me. :D I still like the golden wings as well but my favorite have always been the tri-colored ones.

I was sad that I didn't get the white-and-gold wings, but the tricolor was my second fav, so I'm okay with it.  Now If I find a pretty lineage with white wings I send it on to someone who does have that variety.

I give up. It's simply impossible to catch a Holly or a Yulebuck. And to think that I even managed to catch or trade for everything caveborn that I wanted during the last Halloween event, even though there was way more eggs to get, as I barely had any caveborn Halloween dragons from the past events... Oh well. :/

3 minutes ago, Caerhann said:

I give up. It's simply impossible to catch a Holly or a Yulebuck. And to think that I even managed to catch or trade for everything caveborn that I wanted during the last Halloween event, even though there was way more eggs to get, as I barely had any caveborn Halloween dragons from the past events... Oh well. :/

Have you tried to catch them in Google Chrome with the incognito window? For me that worked like a charm. :)

I did it!  I actually did it!!  I caught a Holly egg!!!!!!

Shaking now!

1 minute ago, quinney said:

Shaking now!

Congrats! :D 

This is honestly the best birthday, Christmas, Christmas event on DC that I've ever had simply because I was able to get a CB of my favorite dragon <3 I've been dreaming of this for 9 years. I'm so excited for the "event" and the new derg. :) 

Edited by Earth Gurl

11 minutes ago, Sheriziya said:

Have you tried to catch them in Google Chrome with the incognito window? For me that worked like a charm. :)

Thanks, but I've tried everything. Guess I'm just not fortunate enough, what with not having a super fast connection and everything. :/

Edited by Caerhann

Congratz, quinny. And to all the new Holly owners! I caught one of mine myself and a very kind person sent me the other. We have such a great community here.

Just now, Fiona said:

Congratz, quinny. And to all the new Holly owners! I caught one of mine myself and a very kind person sent me the other. We have such a great community here.

Thanks.  Yes, I was lucky enough to be gifted one as well.

Just need a Yulebuck now, praying for one on the hour...

These seconds long drops are beyond ridiculous now. What's the point in hunting, when everything is gone after a refresh or two.... :dry:

10 minutes ago, quinney said:

Shaking now!

Hid dat eggs because viewbombers have killed many babies.

Also Congrats!

I thought no one will be looking for Wrapping-Wings or Winter Magi now (need them to complete my collection), but, surprisingly, they go out really fast too. (One Magi left for me.)

45 minutes ago, Caerhann said:

Thanks, but I've tried everything. Guess I'm just not fortunate enough, what with not having a super fast connection and everything. :/

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that.

41 minutes ago, Nicola said:

These seconds long drops are beyond ridiculous now. What's the point in hunting, when everything is gone after a refresh or two.... :dry:

So true, it's testing my patience... I totally understand the need to avoid blocking, but 10 seconds of eggs followed by 2 minutes without seems like too much. :(