TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

i didn't see any eggs in the last hourly drop, and haven't seen them in the 5 min ones since then either (though my cat jumped on my keyboard for the last one, so i may have missed the seconds when eggs were there) . only got back to hunting today, apart from a few feeble attempts yesterday on my phone. i need to catch up on the thread. apparently there's a problem with drops???

Oh, there were actually no drops? I'd been wondering what was up in the last few 5-minute drops.

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Yunno, I really try not to complain too much, and often stick up for TJ and DC to other people, but *this* honestly pisses me off. This happened at Halloween as well, the drops simply not happening at all. The *one* day the 2017 Halloween eggs were dropping, there was at least two (two that I know of) hours where *nothing* spawned on the hour mark, so the entire hour there were no eggs at all. Little glitches here and there are totally understandable, but with such a severely limited release something like no eggs being made at all really really shouldn't happen.

this is a new element though, i never expected it to run smoothly its first appearances in the year. if it appears next year then it should be in the clear by then and my expectations would be higher.

for all we know, the halloween re-releases could have almost been a last minute surprise. and TJ may have only been trying to fix it up these past few months.

I honestly wish the holiday cave would just flood with the eggs. No hourly drop. No 5-minute drop. Just straight flood until the whole damn thing is over.

WB

but it's not new.  this no drop glitch happens regularly in the normal biomes.  It's just less of a problem to people since they can hunt again later. 

Just now, Wolfs_Bane said:

I honestly wish the holiday cave would just flood with the eggs. No hourly drop. No 5-minute drop. Just straight flood until the whole damn thing is over.

WB

same, i hate the limited drops, but i guess its meant to prevent crashes and things.

Just grabbed a jungle Ridgewing. This is hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

this is a new element though, i never expected it to run smoothly its first appearances in the year. if it appears next year then it should be in the clear by then and my expectations would be higher.

for all we know, the halloween re-releases could have almost been a last minute surprise. and TJ may have only been trying to fix it up these past few months.

Well, the holiday re-release is a new element, yes. But this same exact thing happened with the 2017 new Halloween 24-hour release, and that's certainly not new, that happens every single year. I guess it's possible the CB re-release somehow messed with that, but I can't imagine how, and I'd think that after all the complaints about it on Halloween *something* would have been tinkered with.

Well, the holiday re-release is a new element, yes. But this same exact thing happened with the 2017 new Halloween 24-hour release, and that's certainly not new, that happens every single year. I guess it's possible the CB re-release somehow messed with that, but I can't imagine how, and I'd think that after all the complaints about it on Halloween *something* would have been tinkered with.

thats the problem with coding. you add something, it adds bugs. you squash one bug and then you find two more. its a bit of a hunting process and singling down what the cause is. TJ may have tinkered and fixed something, only for another thing to break, like eggs randomly biome jumping for example.

i expect there maybe more issues changing and popping up again around the xmas release.

9 minutes ago, Condorflight said:

Just grabbed a jungle Ridgewing. This is hilarious. 

Wow... I need to see some biome jumping! lol

And, now we get a drop that lasted 5 minutes?

Edited by mouse050909

I admit I know nothing about coding, so I have no idea what that's like. It sounds very, very frustrating. Good thing TJ is much more patient then I am (I hope!).

Ah, finally a drop that last for more than a second. Amazing.

I admit I know nothing about coding, so I have no idea what that's like. It sounds very, very frustrating. Good thing TJ is much more patient then I am (I hope!).

oh god yes, i remember one story of a coding class banning rubber duckeys.

there was a codeing kit for beginners that contained a rubber ducky amung the items. the point of it was you were suppose to speak your code out loud to it if you couldn't find the error amung your codeing lines.

some people got so angry over missing a small 1 character typing error that they would throw the ducks or beat them on the desk in class.

drop fixed itself.  the 30 min went for 8 whole minutes.  :)  and I finely got one of each of the two I was missing!

Everyone is after Hollies and Yule Bucks. Why can't he just flood those for now? Seriously. I am getting so damn tired of seeing the message that someone else grabbed it!

WB

17 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

WB

Yes, please! 

Also, support the idea of flooding just Hollies and Yulebucks for some time.

2 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Everyone is after Hollies and Yule Bucks. Why can't he just flood those for now? Seriously. I am getting so damn tired of seeing the message that someone else grabbed it!

WB

Oh my GoN! The only time I managed to snag a holy and not see that already taken by someone else message I was overburdened with eggs!!!! Ahh!

These wrong biomes are cracking me up. And that half hour drop in Holidays biome was nice. Finished my CB Snow Angel collection and got a Holly. Cool.

3 minutes ago, mouse050909 said:

Oh my GoN! The only time I managed to snag a holy and not see that already taken by someone else message I was overburdened with eggs!!!! Ahh!

Seeing the overburdened message doesn't actually mean you'd have gotten the egg; it checks that first before trying to grab the egg because there's no point if you don't have room.

I grabbed myself two wrong-biome dragons, it's just so hilarious XD Also I've noticed that a lot of Hollies seem to pop up in the third spot (at least for me) and that's the spot I caught both of my Hollies in, don't know if that will help anyone else, but...

Aw, I almost want a couple free spots for the wrong biome eggs. I'd adore a Hellfire from Coast or Jungle~ :lol:

Edited by Tehya Faye