TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I'm very happy with the holiday biome. I joined six years ago, so I had some catching up to do. I do not mind that there are limits at the moment. I do wonder what will happen next year (if the holiday biome returns, if another two are added to the limit, etc.), but that's not important right now. I never thought I'd get a chance to get any of the CBs from before my time on DC, so I'm extremely happy about it. Thanks, TJ!

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:
16 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I can't really open multiple windows. I'm using the touchpad and there's no middle click like a normal mouse has. Would if i could, though.

And I've said this before, but limits are extremely counter-intuitive to giving. I'm at my limit now. I can't catch for others. I'll have less CBs to breed second gens for others. Halloween's lack of limits actually makes being generous much easier. If that much is true that it was the spriter's request, then I'm grateful to Marionetta. If it was staff, no clue who'd that be.

But, if you give your Holly away then you no longer have that Holly to take up that spot for limits. You would have to catch another one again to once again fill the 2 spots? I'm sorry but I'm confused. Trying to find a solution to make everyone happy : (

I just caught yet another holy . So again, anyone who doesn't have any please send me A PM.

Edit: I don't know why it says I quoted you twice.. Not sure how to fix it x x

Edited by Tearadria

Traded my 2nd CB Holly for a messy Ribbon Dancer with an awesome code "wefox" (caps messed). My 3rd CB Holly (gotten after I traded the 1st) will come off cooldown in 3 hours or so, and if the person I thought was going to trade for it doesn't respond by then I'll find someone else. I'm very, very happy with this holiday season! Met my Holly goal, on track to meet my Ribbon Dancer and Snow Angel goal, and possibly even my Winter Magi goal. Plus, to me this whole trading thing is sort of "new", I don't trade very often in large part because I rarely have anything worth offering, and I'm find it really fun.

Well, that's a day's hunting with nothing to show for it! 

I'm also really happy that I have Christmas holiday CB's that I never thought I'd own.  I'm just praying that those blockers don't hinder the end goal too much. 

Part of me feels that by releasing old holiday dragons, the "currency" of Dragon Cave is being irrevocably altered. No longer will "2g holly" be a rare, nearly impossible request to get for a trade. (Of course, asking for for a "2g (year bred) holly" would solve that minor complaint and still let some people feel accomplished over getting the originals.) 

However, I am also extremely overjoyed that I finally have a CB holly. Even if it's a rerelease, I know I am going to get a *lot* of enjoyment out of creating my own lineages with my holly, rather than only ever continuing other lineages.

I do worry a little about what will happen when everyone has 2 of one type of egg, and the Holiday biome sits because no one can claim it. I've seen a leetle tree last for a full five minutes without being claimed. Of course, this is fixed by the 5 minute/hourly refresh, so it really isn't a big issue, either ;). Will there come a time, even if it takes a few years, before the holiday biome becomes blocked except for the first few seconds of each refresh? Or do we get enough new members to offset that?

Overall, definitely love this change! But I do understand where other people who *don't* like the change are coming from.

Whooo! I caught my second d Yulebuck! I had to drop a Winter Magi because it had a Z Code -_- but I easily replaced it

Managed to catch two Yulebucks, so the only CB holidays I'm still missing are Hollies. Any generous souls out there willing to help a girl out? :unsure:

25 minutes ago, Tearadria said:

But, if you give your Holly away then you no longer have that Holly to take up that spot for limits. You would have to catch another one again to once again fill the 2 spots? I'm sorry but I'm confused. Trying to find a solution to make everyone happy : (

I just caught yet another holy . So again, anyone who doesn't have any please send me A PM.

Edit: I don't know why it says I quoted you twice.. Not sure how to fix it x x

I mean, I always could give away the holly egg(s) I have now, but there there's the chance I won't be able to catch more for myself. And the dragons that I already have adults for I physically can't touch without releasing them.

So kinda all I really have to offer right now are a few second gens.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

21 minutes ago, Xasora said:

Part of me feels that by releasing old holiday dragons, the "currency" of Dragon Cave is being irrevocably altered. No longer will "2g holly" be a rare, nearly impossible request to get for a trade. (Of course, asking for for a "2g (year bred) holly" would solve that minor complaint and still let some people feel accomplished over getting the originals.) 

i'm perfectly okay with that, myself :P but that's because i'm one of those people who:

- can't catch CB metals / rares

- dont' have friends that are spriters to get 2nd gen alts

- dont' have friends who won prizes to get 2nd gen prizes

- can't make neglecteds

meaning, of course, that before this the only hollies i had were messy inbred AP ones. I'm perfectly fine with dragoncave being a collecting game, not a trading game XD where i can get the eggs i want, and make the lineages i want, without having to pay extremely high prices for something. As it is, prizes and CB metals and what not already are super hard to come by if you don't have connections or super fast internet, so at least i can get hollies now without paying an arm and a leg even if i have to settle for 4th gen+ prizes

Edited by Sirithiliel

Ugh! I thought having limits would help things out, but I guess not. The holiday biome is still being emptied out ASAP... Even though it's the third day. It's making my goal of collecting only upper or lower case CB holiday codes impossible (not to mention even having a chance to grab Hollies). This seems worse than Halloween. Almost like there are fewer eggs being dropped or something. 😥😫

@Sirithiliel I mostly agree. Seems like silvers have become a bit less rare though. I caught three in two weeks, all while I was looking for a green copper.

CB Golds though are still quite hard to come by- and certainly not something I can provide for a trade.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Sirithiliel I mostly agree. Seems like silvers have become a bit less rare though. I caught three in two weeks, all while I was looking for a green copper.

CB Golds though are still quite hard to come by- and certainly not something I can provide for a trade.

man i was lucky and got coppers when they were released and haven't seen ONE since. A fair while ago i managed to trade for a pair of CB golds, but they all gendered male on me and i haven't managed to find anyone offering a cb gold for a price i can afford so i can get a female XD i will admit trading is one of the things i hate most about DC, and haven't even tried in the past few months because it's never gotten me anywhere. Everyone wants 2nd gen prizes or 2nd gen alts or cb metals / rares for their things

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

man i was lucky and got coppers when they were released and haven't seen ONE since. A fair while ago i managed to trade for a pair of CB golds, but they all gendered male on me and i haven't managed to find anyone offering a cb gold for a price i can afford so i can get a female XD i will admit trading is one of the things i hate most about DC, and haven't even tried in the past few months because it's never gotten me anywhere. Everyone wants 2nd gen prizes or 2nd gen alts or cb metals / rares for their things

I didn't know exactly how valuable coppers would be. I only picked up 3 (?) I think. I've since caught a few more, but still missing a CB female red, in addition to trying to get at least two of each gender. They're not impossible to find, but yeah.

And Prizes, well I can only dream of being that lucky.

Yeah, I honestly haven't liked the trade-economy ever since Prizes were introduced. I mean, this is a collecting game, right? It's always seemed a bit unfair that CB Prize owners (and CB Holly owners) have had such a monopoly on the trading market. They can ask for anything at all, and people are willing to pay anything at all. And oftentimes the only things people *want* in a trade are 2nd-gen Prizes or spriter's alts, which leaves all us regular folk out in the dust. I really, *really* like that 2nd-gen Hollies won't be the end-all-be-all anymore.

Okay well I'm locked for a couple hours now, so I'm going to get offline in an effort to actually be productive outside of DC, lol. Happy hunting all!

I finally found this and I think it's relevant. Shoutout to 2010 and not being able to catch Hollies in the AP :rolleyes:

Maybe language warning? Aka old ragecomic reference hah

[clicky]

Good luck to everyone still trying to catch hollies. If you're getting sick of the message that another user got it, call your spirit Pokemon to destroy your computer. XD 

2 minutes ago, Earth Gurl said:

I finally found this and I think it's relevant. Shoutout to 2010 and not being able to catch Hollies in the AP :rolleyes:

[clicky]

Good luck to everyone still trying to catch hollies. If you're getting sick of the message that another user got it, call your spirit Pokemon to destroy your computer. XD 

Omg 😂😂😂😂 that is hilarious! Luckily I didn't need my Spirit Pokémon to do so

1 minute ago, Earth Gurl said:

[clicky]

This gave me a good laugh! Thank you for posting this, looks like I'll have a Noibat coming to my aid- though I don't think I'd want it to actually destroy my computer XD Definitely best of luck to those still hunting!

i remember doing mega trades for just one of the legendary trio eggs. after i got all 3 i was suddenly finding myself catching at least 2 of them every other week. started hoarding and eventually i just gave them away to anyone looking for one.

(iam sure getting faster internet at the time probably helped and the fact i wired my brain to zone in on all the descriptions of the 3 eggs.

Edited by reddof-f6

Was debating on keeping this, but my scroll's wing color will ruin it- anyone want a 3rd gen Gold Wing Snow Angel x Gold Wyvern?

(Caught it with a lot of views, so it's fogged, someone might have added it to a hatchery).

18 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Yeah, I honestly haven't liked the trade-economy ever since Prizes were introduced. I mean, this is a collecting game, right? It's always seemed a bit unfair that CB Prize owners (and CB Holly owners) have had such a monopoly on the trading market. They can ask for anything at all, and people are willing to pay anything at all. And oftentimes the only things people *want* in a trade are 2nd-gen Prizes or spriter's alts, which leaves all us regular folk out in the dust. I really, *really* like that 2nd-gen Hollies won't be the end-all-be-all anymore.

As a prize owner I agree with this. I definitely used the first few shinies I bred to trade for neglecteds since I'm useless at making them myself, but trading just feels really unbalanced with 2nd gen prizes and (until now) Hollies being so rare. This event is a step in the right direction for sure, and maybe in the future more changes will be implemented to even out the prize playing field too. 

For now I've been greatly enjoying catching CB Hollies to trade for things I need for a lineage. I suppose there's always the risk of not being able to catch a second one again after trading, but so far it's been going well enough and worst case scenario there's always next year. Re-releasing holidays sort of removes the stress of needing to get something now because there won't be another chance; definitely a chill holiday vibe.

Another day of no luck with CB Holly catching. I'm starting to feel like I won't be able to get my pair of CB Hollies.. Oh well, at least I got everything else I needed. (And don't take this the wrong way, I'm really grateful and happy we even have the chance to catch past CB holiday dragons!)

Edited by Heinips

As someone with a fast internet connection and experience on a slow one, late Christmas Eve or very early on Christmas morning (cave time) will probably be a good time to catch CB Hollies. Most people who come regularly will have grabbed any CB hollies they need and will be prepping for their Christmas catch while those who come only for the holiday drop won't have arrived yet.

Good luck; I hope everyone catches what they want this year - be it CBs they missed or huge, messy AP finds!

Hope my Winter Magi doesn't stay stubborn too long, I'd like it to hatch soon so I can get another (and not resort to EATW >.>).

Doubt I'll be able to get CB pairs of all the holidays (only ever been at 2012 release and was never online around Christmas again) but ah well. Like 95% of the site I'm crossing my fingers on a CB Holly catch, never had one before and would be nice to have my first be a CB haha..... Though I'll more likely have to wait a year XD

And my Christmas Encyclopedia is complete, my OCD purrs.

I'm so happy right now. Managed to catch two CB Hollies (NEVER dreamed of ever getting one, or a 2nd gen), now I only need another CB Yulebuck!
Edit: And done! Yay! \(^o^)/

Thx TJ for making this possible! :D

Edited by Felischia