TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

4 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

Wow, I didn't know that. And once they breed successfully they can never refuse one another again.

Actually that might not be the case outside of the holiday breeding. I had bred my Enraged Aegis for the first time last year to a Monarch and they bred successfully. Tried breeding them again a few weeks ago to try to get a 2G Monarch and they refused each other. 

5 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

Wow, I didn't know that. And once they breed successfully they can never refuse one another again.

Big thanks for the tip, @lilysally :) 

not quite. During the holiday they wont' refuse, but outside of that i'm pretty sure refusals stand

9 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

Actually that might not be the case outside of the holiday breeding. I had bred my Enraged Aegis for the first time last year to a Monarch and they bred successfully. Tried breeding them again a few weeks ago to try to get a 2G Monarch and they refused each other. 

8 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

breedin 

not quite. During the holiday they wont' refuse, but outside of that i'm pretty sure refusals stand

I always thought (for some reason) that if two adults bred successfully (at any time) then it'll be ok any time in the future too. But, as you both pointed out, it's different when breeding the pair initially during the holidays. I didn't think that would be the case. So, thanks for pointing that out guys.

But if you successfully breed any pair outside a holiday period, I'm pretty sure they can't ever refuse again (or so I hope lol).

Edited by Sinion Kabe

4 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

So, thanks for pointing that out guys.

But if you successfully breed any pair during a non-holiday period, I'm pretty sure they can't ever refuse again (or so I hope lol).

No problem!

But you're right on that, once they breed successfully during non-holiday timeframes they won't refuse after that. They might not show interest and be stubborn sometimes, but they'll still be able to breed again. :) 

8 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Hm, I'm not sure about that. I had a pair of Moonstone x Shadow Walker refusing each other, but tricked them into breeding/producing offspring during the Halloween breeding time. Since then I've had no trouble breeding them again.

Yeah, I actually posted in the Tiny Little Questions thread awhile back wondering why my White/Solstice (I think?) pair had refused when they had already successfully bred and had grown children. I hadn't realized that their only children were from holidays, when refusals are turned off. That was frustrating.

Grabbed another CB Holly at the hour drop! Now to wait 5 hours (ughhh) and then poke around for a trade. I have 1 more eggslot available right now, but finding a suitably messy AP egg is proving difficult.

6 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

No problem!

But you're right on that, once they breed successfully during non-holiday timeframes they won't refuse after that. They might not show interest and be stubborn sometimes, but they'll still be able to breed again. :) 

Cool. I'm glad that's the case (y)

6 minutes ago, HPhaeton said:

Hm, I'm not sure about that. I had a pair of Moonstone x Shadow Walker refusing each other, but tricked them into breeding/producing offspring during the Halloween breeding time. Since then I've had no trouble breeding them again.

Oooo, the plot thickens! Thanks for your input, @HPhaeton. That's pretty interesting to learn. I guess we just need to use Fertility and hope for the very best! Fertility has been improved recently too, from what I can remember. As in, if you use Fertility it's impossible for a pairing to outright Refuse.

Edited by Sinion Kabe

1 minute ago, WittyBanter said:

Whenever I go to the Holidays biome, there aren't any eggs at all. Is this normal?

All the eggs get picked up rather quickly. If there aren't any eggs, that means they've all been grabbed. The regular biomes don't normally move that quickly, however, so there's pretty much always eggs there.

New eggs drop every five minutes (at xx:x5 and xx:x0) and a large drop happens on the hour.

6 minutes ago, WittyBanter said:

Whenever I go to the Holidays biome, there aren't any eggs at all. Is this normal?

@WittyBanter, roughly 8 CB eggs dropped in the Holiday biome around 2mins ago (19:25 UK time). Just follow the advice of @Ariento and you'll hopefully be quick enough to grab what you need.

Well, after a few days of thinking, I dumped my old CB frozen hatchlings and replaced them with CB eggs which I'll let grow up. I'll have to freeze some new hatchies this year, I guess. My biggest worry is/was losing the names I had - there were some good names available nearly a decade ago. ;)

I'm looking forward the new Christmas Eggs! I hope we get a decoration or a simpler game this year, though I also have a good computer this year vs a mobile device like last year so I'm prepared.

Edited by sfts

I have to wonder that.. if the idea is for everyone to be able to get a pair, ..why are we using the same old drop system to begin with?

Make a page with each type egg individually spaced, and unlimited. Current drop system is just aiding the artificial scarcity.

I already have what I need, but it sounds like enough people are having trouble still.

Okay guys so I tentatively unfogged and incubated my eggs dropping them all below 5day (and dropping my wrapping wings to below 4day) this morning. I tentatively added them to AOND ONLY (did go and throw the er wrapping wings into Valley Sherwood)

Just wanted to report that all my eggs are still fine ...and I even managed a 4-6 hour nap without fogging or sickness (I did either dream I checked them every few hours or actually woke and refreshed the page to check for sickness though xD) 

So it seems like AOND (at least) is running on normal holiday schedule so its safe to use. I would still recommend fogging fresh caught eggs for a day AND fogging before going to bed.

After all...while adding my er wrapping wings I also found that someone had added my zyu and xeno hatchies everywhere :/

I had mine on AOND and Daily dragon fix but only added them at 4 days and 4-8 hours. I am actually having trouble hatching them because they got only like 60 views at first.

I've been here for the best part of 8 hours and still caught nothing.  I have a Holly that an extremely kind person gifted me but still need one more and  Yulebuck.

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I have to wonder that.. if the idea is for everyone to be able to get a pair, ..why are we using the same old drop system to begin with?

Make a page with each type egg individually spaced, and unlimited. Current drop system is just aiding the artificial scarcity.

I already have what I need, but it sounds like enough people are having trouble still.

In that case why doesnt TJ just manually place a pair of whatever people are missing onto their scrolls if they have room. Which is essentially what you are asking him to do?

If the drops have been tweeked sufficiently everyone should be able to get their quota with a bit of effort...after all this is a game...games are something where goals must be worked for. After all when you boot up a brand new game you arent Pokemon Champion with a full party of lvl 100s or a level 100 whatever with the best armor for your class. 

People should feel ACCOMPLISHED when they meet their quota...not just have everything handed to them.

I just received a CB Holly in trade and wanted to influence it, but on the influence page it was listed as "unavailable". Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

Just now, raevela said:

I just received a CB Holly in trade and wanted to influence it, but on the influence page it was listed as "unavailable". Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

Hollies are naturally a male breed only and thus all CB Hollies will be male. Only people who could have gotten female CB Hollies are from the past Holiday Raffles as Honorable Mention prizes. 

2 minutes ago, raevela said:

Thanks!

CB Christmas eggs are gender locker

3 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

In that case why doesnt TJ just manually place a pair of whatever people are missing onto their scrolls if they have room. Which is essentially what you are asking him to do?

If the drops have been tweeked sufficiently everyone should be able to get their quota with a bit of effort...after all this is a game...games are something where goals must be worked for. After all when you boot up a brand new game you arent Pokemon Champion with a full party of lvl 100s or a level 100 whatever with the best armor for your class. 

People should feel ACCOMPLISHED when they meet their quota...not just have everything handed to them.

Might as well- he already took most of the competition out of it with limits. I grabbed two Hollys and don't feel accomplished int he slightest, just disappointed.

2 minutes ago, raevela said:

Thanks!

Because the original release of Holly's were males. These mimic that. The rare females are raffle honorable mention prizes.

CB Solstice's will also have rosy wings, no matter when caught. TJ commented on that earlier in the thread. All CB's Holidays will mimic the original or intended release of their predecessors. 

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Might as well- he already took most of the competition out of it with limits. I grabbed two Hollys and don't feel accomplished int he slightest, just disappointed.

I'm sorry you feel that way. *Many* people are feeling very, very excited when they're finally able to catch their CB holidays they missed in the past. I see lots and lots of posts in the Congrats topic and elsewhere of people celebrating catching them. I personally am over the moon that I hit my Holly scroll-goal this season.