TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Just been blindly clicking like mad since the hour and still the last Holly and Yulebuck elude me...

1 hour ago, Iside said:

Have you tried using incognito window in google chrome? I clicked on 50+ hollies without any luck using firefox,  while with incognito window I got one in less then 10 minutes

Yes, tried it, it wasn't any different really.

Just realised this is a double post from me - sorry mods.

Edited by quinney

55 minutes ago, Eos said:

All done hunting until the next dragon's released. I now have a set of CBs for every Christmas release - woo hoo!

Me too! It was so darn stressful with all the Snow dragon blockers, the slow internet, the sleep deprivation and the mental pressure *sheds a tear* Now I can relax until the new dragons release. :lol:

Just one Holly and one Solstice (Night time) to go. I should have enough space to pick those two up, two new dragons, and breed my CB from last year. Glad I'm a crazy person and made a spreadsheet far in advance to keep track of dragon hunting. Assuming I can catch a holly on the 23rd, It will be perfect.

pretty sure the Solstices are going to be how they were when they were very first released (Aka rose-winged), no blue-winged varieties

Just now, Scarlet said:

Do the CB Solstices have different forms as the bred ones? x_x

As I understand it, Between 6 am and 6 pm est they are white winged, and between 6pm and 6 am EST they are rosey winged regardless of breeding status. I want my CB to be one of each

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

pretty sure the Solstices are going to be how they were when they were very first released (Aka rose-winged), no blue-winged varieties

If, for whatever reason there are blue-winged ones, TJ said he'd change them to rosy, since it's not supposed to happen.

I only need one more Holly, and then I'll be done with CBs. I sure hope the limit is raised a little bit next year, otherwise none of us will be able to hunt...

well thanks everyone! good to know cuz i'm not keeping track of that, too stressful trying to catch all these past dragons :')

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

@Sinion Kabe Yes, you can. Someone posted earlier that they'd done that.

Ok, that's great. Thanks for confirmation, @Marie19R

1 minute ago, Yubelchen said:

@Sinion Kabe Before you do that: why should you release an original cb christmas dragon in the first place? If it is an adult, it wouldnt make sense.

Good question, @Yubelchen

I have a 2G Prize that, unfortunately, Refused both of of my CB Xmas dragons. It's a great shame to have to release an original CB, however, it's a greater shame to see a 2G Prize go to waste and never breed.

1 hour ago, High Lord November said:

If those are the only two you're missing, you have to hold down command (control depending on your computer), refresh constantly by pressing R, and blindly click. You can't get more than 2 of each breed so if it isn't a Holly or Yulebuck it won't be added to your scroll. That's how I got mine.

Control on mine. I tried.  All that happened was loads of tabs opened while the page I was clicking on stayed the same.

I click on f5 on this laptop to refresh, but spend half the time on the screen that tells me either the egg has gone or I have my limit.

4 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

@Sinion Kabe OH dang okay, yeah understandable, thats truely a shame! Wish you good luck with the next one/both!

Thanks, @Yubelchen

Here's to hoping that all goes well this time round. Enjoy the event.

3 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

We know @TJ09 was working on the ratios so that more of the old holidays would drop than the newer ones. It wouldn't surprise me if this was related. That would mean he's still tweaking, so theoretically he'll fix this very soon? I hope?

The number of eggs made does vary a little bit with how many people are online, but I'm not seeing any significant fluctuations recently.

It's probably just a sign that things are working and the Holiday biome is dropping more eggs people want rather than eggs that everyone has, which would sit around longer because fewer people can grab them.

7 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

Good question, @Yubelchen

I have a 2G Prize that, unfortunately, Refused both of of my CB Xmas dragons. It's a great shame to have to release an original CB, however, it's a greater shame to see a 2G Prize go to waste and never breed.

Wow you must be really happy that we got holiday biome for Christmas dragons too. Now you get to find a mate for your dragon :D 

One egg slot back open now let's see what I can nab.

edit:

got my 2nd snow angel yay

Edited by TerraAnne

6 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

The number of eggs made does vary a little bit with how many people are online, but I'm not seeing any significant fluctuations recently.

It's probably just a sign that things are working and the Holiday biome is dropping more eggs people want rather than eggs that everyone has, which would sit around longer because fewer people can grab them.

Thanks for the status update!

I did wind up catching what I needed after about an hour of hunting, so I guess it really was just moving lightning-fast there and not dropping too few eggs as I had feared.

14 minutes ago, Miraxzee said:

Wow you must be really happy that we got holiday biome for Christmas dragons too. Now you get to find a mate for your dragon :D 

Very happy indeed, @Miraxzee :) By allowing all players to catch CB past Holiday dragons, it means that so many of us can continue lineages in all forms.

I got a CB Holly! I went into this event with no CBs, and my primary goal is to get at least one of each breed (except Aegis, which I want two of). I have one slot left, and only two more CBs needed - Yulebuck and Wrapping-wing. Once I get those, I'll just be clicking randomly until I have 2 of each.

Also, this last drop had a wall of Aegises (Aegii?).

Edited by Ariento

32 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

They WILL breed during the holiday, all refusals are off at this time.

5 minutes ago, Ariento said:

I got a CB Holly! I went into this event with no CBs, and my primary goal is to get at least one of each breed (except Aegis, which I want two of). I have one slot left, and only two more CBs needed - Yulebuck and Wrapping-wing. Once I get those, I'll just be clicking randomly until I have 2 of each.

Also, this last drop had a wall of Aegises (Aegii?).

And grabbed a wrapping-wing! Now I'm egg-locked until the 23rd, and all my holiday dragons are safely fogged.

7 minutes ago, lilysally said:

They WILL breed during the holiday, all refusals are off at this time.

Wow, I didn't know that. And once they breed successfully they can never refuse one another again.

Big thanks for the tip, @lilysally :) 

Edited by Sinion Kabe

Finally got my second holly :') one more yule which i'll try in an hour then all the others i need will be pretty chill aaaaa

Took me a while, but I'm so proud to have caught a holly. Now I just need another one, and a snow angel, and two yulebucks. I really hope I can get at least one yulebuck, since I don't have any of any lineage right now. There's still time, though.