TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

@Jazeki Bred one Snow yesterday (to Gold LH) but only 2 eggs in clutch. Be glad to breed the other for you, if you want.

The Holiday biome will be there Christmas Day, right? 

Geez, the 5-minute drops are lasting about 15 seconds right now. Not good for catching things.

1 minute ago, MoonShark said:

Geez, the 5-minute drops are lasting about 15 seconds right now. Not good for catching things.

I am not even SEEING the five minute drops. O.o As you say...not good for hunting.

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Are people saving their snow breedings? I haven't seen many in the AP. I know they're the newest breed but still...

I did breed one of my Snows and the pair produced three eggs; I think at least some of the Snows in the AP are hidden behind the other eggs though!

Oh well, I'm back for the 4pm drop.  A Holly and a Yulebuck needed - wish me luck!

3 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

I am not even SEEING the five minute drops. O.o As you say...not good for hunting.

Oh geez. I thought I was missing them, but you're right. I'm not even seeing them. Maybe drops have been broken? @TJ09 might need to take a look. I know they were getting shorter and shorter over the past twelve hours or so, at least before I went to sleep.

Still can't catch anything! Okay, I give up on this. I am never going to catch what I need.

WB

3 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

Oh geez. I thought I was missing them, but you're right. I'm not even seeing them. Maybe drops have been broken? @TJ09 might need to take a look. I know they were getting shorter and shorter over the past twelve hours or so, at least before I went to sleep.

He DID say he was going to be working on things? MAYBE just a symptom of his tinkering and will clear itself up?

1 minute ago, Silverswift said:

He DID say he was going to be working on things? MAYBE just a symptom of his tinkering and will clear itself up?

Hard for him to fix something if he isn't made aware.

Well, this was a huge hourly drop. Still haven't managed to catch anything, of course, but I hope that all of them will be bigger from now on.

Just now, Silverswift said:

That's very possible. I'm not too worried...I've still got plenty of time to get my Hollys. :)

1 minute ago, Cottoncat said:

I managed to catch my second CB Yulebuck just now, I'm really happy that I now have two of each holiday breed. :wub:

Congrats! I caught my two yesterday...just Hollys left now. I remain optimistic!

Just now, MoonShark said:

Congrats! I caught my two yesterday...just Hollys left now. I remain optimistic!

Thank you! I wish you luck with getting the Hollies you need, optimistic is a great way to be. ^_^

Maybe the drops being off has to do with the size of the hourly drop? I know when I was hunting this morning, the hour drop would be off by a minute or so but then last for the next 3. 

12 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Maybe the drops being off has to do with the size of the hourly drop? I know when I was hunting this morning, the hour drop would be off by a minute or so but then last for the next 3. 

Are the drops off in terms of when they start, though? The last few before the hour just now seemed to just be nonexistent.

Whatever the issue is, I'm not going to fret. I can write in-between the drops and I don't want to be stressed about it. If I don't catch my Hollys this year, there's always next year.

3 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

Are the drops off in terms of when they start, though? The last few before the hour just now seemed to just be nonexistent.

Whatever the issue is, I'm not going to fret. I can write in-between the drops and I don't want to be stressed about it. If I don't catch my Hollys this year, there's always next year.

I know for me they would start at xx:00-:01 and then freeze after I clicked something and then go back to loading as normal at :02-:03, but that was at 4 and 5am cave time when I was hunting. I was also mobile. 

Okay, I really shouldn't biome-hunt when I'm not fully awake. Saw three holly eggs go by on the :30 drop and I seriously just stared at each of them for a bit before actually clicking. Of course didn't get any.

I have now triple-triple-checked that it really is on my scroll and fogged...but I just caught my first Holly! I'm so happy right now!

whew, okay, i'm done. I'm ready for the new dragon. I've caught the Cbs I needed, I bred the ones i needed for lineages, I'm good now. What a relief

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

whew, okay, i'm done. I'm ready for the new dragon. I've caught the Cbs I needed, I bred the ones i needed for lineages, I'm good now. What a relief

Hurray! :)

48 minutes ago, quinney said:

Clicked madly on plenty of Hollies and Yulebucks - got none!

If those are the only two you're missing, you have to hold down command (control depending on your computer), refresh constantly by pressing R, and blindly click. You can't get more than 2 of each breed so if it isn't a Holly or Yulebuck it won't be added to your scroll. That's how I got mine.

2 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

If those are the only two you're missing, you have to hold down command (control depending on your computer), refresh constantly by pressing R, and blindly click. You can't get more than 2 of each breed so if it isn't a Holly or Yulebuck it won't be added to your scroll. That's how I got mine.

It's Ctrl + f5 for my computer (Windows). Still difficult, but helps a bit. The limit is nice, since it means you don't fill up on eggs you aren't trying to catch.