Jump to content
TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Recommended Posts

I guess if we didn't have sickness, why even bother having to wait for eggs to hatch? The only reason (besides "they can't hatch until 4 days") that you even wait to add eggs to hatcheries and watch them IS because of sickness.

 

If there was no sickness the argument could be made that even waiting 3 days is pointless. What's the harm in letting people hoard dragons? Etc, etc.

 

Even changing elements for "convenience," can have drastic effects on how a game works. Even if they're annoying or devastating mechanics, sometimes it's better the core of a game stay what it is... lest you invite demand loops from the userbase. 

Share this post


Link to post

1) Increasing limits will only have us reach the same problem in a very short time.

2) Limitless... potentially making it entirely impossible for those of us with a slower computer or slower internet to get a shot at catching those elusive Hollies. Of course, there are many who are truly generous and gifts CB's away, but some of the fun with CB's for me is mainly being lucky enough to catch them, if I'm able to be online when they drop.

3) As it is, I'm not seeing any problems in having the biome move the eggs through. Surely, there are sometimes it goes a bit slower, but so far I'm seeing the biome emptied within very few minutes - naturally a bit longer at the full hour... The cave is as full with Holiday eggs as it always is. It's always a wall... but this year I'm actually seeing a bit more vairation.

4) I'm loving this so much, being able to get at least 1 cb of the older Holiday dragons, since I only joined in 2014. No CB Holly yet, but if I don't manage to get one, a friend has promised to give me one of her two.And heck, even if I didn't manage to get one at all, this would still be a wonderful Christmas in the Dragon Cave <3

5) I can't wait to see what this years Holiday event will be, and to see this years Holiday dragon!!!

 

Thank you TJ, for all your hard work, and thank you in advance to all those involved in the event in any way or function <3 Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, sickness does have it's purpose. With no sickness everyone would just shove brand-new eggs into a million hatcheries, and not come back until they hatch or even grow up. If you know that growing dragons can get sick you are more careful with them, and end up spending more time on the site in order to fog them, unfog them, put them in hatcheries and watch them to make sure they don't get views too fast, etc.... From a business standpoint it very much makes sense to have a mechanic that makes people come back to the game more often, rather then just tossing eggs into hatcheries and going away until they hatch/grow.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Yeah, sickness does have it's purpose. With no sickness everyone would just shove brand-new eggs into a million hatcheries, and not come back until they hatch or even grow up. If you know that growing dragons can get sick you are more careful with them, and end up spending more time on the site in order to fog them, unfog them, put them in hatcheries and watch them to make sure they don't get views too fast, etc.... From a business standpoint it very much makes sense to have a mechanic that makes people come back to the game more often, rather then just tossing eggs into hatcheries and going away until they hatch/grow.

This makes  sense. I DO think it is a shame that some people have figured out how to use the mechanism to make trouble, however.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

@toph they should still be in the forest biome, and should still be obtainable now.

ive been refreshing for over 5 hours for a leetle tree....i havent seen ONE spawn

Share this post


Link to post

This is the first time I can ever remember losing a lot of my eggs to sickness at once, and I waited a full 24 hours before even attempting to place them in any hatchery. Strangely, one egg that was the same age as the rest had 600 fewer views and didn't get sick.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, toph said:

ive been refreshing for over 5 hours for a leetle tree....i havent seen ONE spawn

iam not sure if they even do spawn anymore.

 

3 minutes ago, Lord Shadow the Hedgehog said:

I waited a full 24 hours before even attempting to place them in any hatchery. Strangely, one egg that was the same age as the rest had 600 fewer views and didn't get sick.

you should actually wait till they ER. some eggs can be a bit more finicky then others over sickness.

Edited by reddof-f6

Share this post


Link to post

So so happy!!! Just got my two CB Hollies in the hour drop! Now I'm all done CB hunting! Good luck to everyone still on the hunt!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, garyette said:

So so happy!!! Just got my two CB Hollies in the hour drop! Now I'm all done CB hunting! Good luck to everyone still on the hunt!

remember to fog them!

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be happy if I just get one holly by the end of this. XD I've missed all of them back in the beginning when the biome was moving really fast cause everyone was grabbing things. Maybe when my first batch hatches soon I'll try again. Would AP or the biome be easiest to grab a holly I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post

@reddof-f6

Hm, has there been that much of a change in viewing? The 24-hour-wait and incubate method worked fine for me last Christmas.... Since I wasn't yet aware of the hatchery issue, that's what I was doing again this year.

Share this post


Link to post

Eggs normally get sick when they're between 7-6 days remaining, right? Can one assume they are safe from sickness once they are past 5 days or so? About how many clicks do holiday eggs need to hatch?

 

Also, the leetle trees still dropped as of Nov 2015. I don't know about recently.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lord Shadow the Hedgehog said:

@reddof-f6

Hm, has there been that much of a change in viewing? The 24-hour-wait and incubate method worked fine for me last Christmas.... Since I wasn't yet aware of the hatchery issue, that's what I was doing again this year.

there wasint a huge old holiday release rush back then. most were off till the xmas event or new egg release.

 

1 minute ago, Twimm said:

Eggs normally get sick when they're between 7-6 days remaining, right? Can one assume they are safe from sickness once they are past 5 days or so? About how many clicks do holiday eggs need to hatch?

NO, they can still get sick at as low as 4 days. egg clicks needed are randomized each egg.

Edited by reddof-f6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Twimm said:

Also, the leetle trees still dropped as of Nov 2015. I don't know about recently.

I have heard of them being seen during the last couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Twimm said:

Eggs normally get sick when they're between 7-6 days remaining, right? Can one assume they are safe from sickness once they are past 5 days or so? About how many clicks do holiday eggs need to hatch?

 

Also, the leetle trees still dropped as of Nov 2015. I don't know about recently.

Eggs can get sick at any time, even though chances are higher if they are 6 to 7 days

Share this post


Link to post

I see Leetle trees a couple of times a week. some times they even just sit there for minutes on end. They're out there, it's just a matter of perhaps logging on and trying at another time.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Why can't I pick up CB Hollies and CB Yulebucks in the AP.?

I get the message that I'm already at my limit of two CBs for these breeds, and I don't have any!

I didn't join the cave until Jan. '09.

When will this error be fixed, please and thanks?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

Why can't I pick up CB Hollies and CB Yulebucks in the AP.?

I get the message that I'm already at my limit of two CBs for these breeds, and I don't have any!

I didn't join the cave until Jan. '09.

When will this error be fixed, please and thanks?

are you sure you didint accidently grab some? sometimes it says you didint catch when you did.

Share this post


Link to post

Unsure on the Leetles either ( THOUGH I got the idea that leetles were rarer?).


As for the eggs I will comment that it always seemed to me that rarer things were more sensitive.... though perhaps I was more concerned about those?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I have heard of them being seen during the last couple of weeks.

 

Yeah I saw one about 2 weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post

This EATW viewbombing has seen many people's eggs getting sick and dying when they were hatchable, ie 4 days or under, so I wouldn't count out sickness just because an egg is below 5 days. From my own experience, many of my Zyu and Prize eggs get sick while actively hatching at 4 days. It's a combination of lots of views in a short amount of time, and age. Age isn't the only factor.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

I'll be happy if I just get one holly by the end of this. XD I've missed all of them back in the beginning when the biome was moving really fast cause everyone was grabbing things. Maybe when my first batch hatches soon I'll try again. Would AP or the biome be easiest to grab a holly I wonder?

People were commenting about a glitch about being unable to pick up eggs from the AP due to limits--even if they had 0 CBs, so try the biomes first. TJ has also mentioned that he is going to be working on ratios. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I read about some posts about the glitch thing. I thought it would have been fixed by now. I've got ten hours left till the first batch hatch anyway, so I won't be catching anything soon.

 

Woo biome it is then... Just in case the soulstice color change was still time based I grabbed one before 6am and the next will be after. At least in the wiki that's what it says changes the colors for when they are bred. I would assume CB's work the same way for when you catch the egg.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

Yeah I read about some posts about the glitch thing. I thought it would have been fixed by now. I've got ten hours left till the first batch hatch anyway, so I won't be catching anything soon.

 

Woo biome it is then... Just in case the soulstice color change was still time based I grabbed one before 6am and the next will be after. At least in the wiki that's what it says changes the colors for when they are bred. I would assume CB's work the same way for when you catch the egg.

TJ mentioned that any CBs will be switched back to rosy wings retroactively if they do change.

Share this post


Link to post

So is Halloween the only Holiday we've had this year without some horrible controversy? Jeez..

 

Seems that some of the coding wasn't really ready for this. AP + limits = broken.

And then all the sickness, broken hatchery.. when it rains, it pours

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.